St Petersburg suburbs, Alexandria park and Cottage palace of Peterhof, with 360° spb
Today we will show you around the Cottage palace that was a countryside house for the family of Nicholas I. It is located in a picturesque spot of Alexandria park. This was the place where the royal family would go in summer time to enjoy their quiet rest.
Petergof. Near The Saint-Petersburg. Петергоф. Дворцы и фонтаны под Санкт-Петербургом.
The dominant natural feature of Peterhof Grand Palace is a sixteen-meter-high bluff lying less than a hundred meters from the shore. The so-called Lower Gardens (Nizhny Sad), at 1.02 square kilometers (0.39 sq mi) comprising the better part of the palace complex land area, are confined between this bluff and the shore, stretching east and west for roughly 200 meters (660 ft). The majority of Peterhof's fountains are contained here, as are several small palaces and outbuildings. East of the Lower Gardens lies the Alexandria Park with 19th-century Gothic Revival structures such as the Gothic Chapel.
The State Hermitage Museum, St Petersburg, Russia
The State Hermitage Museum, St Petersburg, Russia
Peterhof Grand Palace,St. Petersburg,Russia
Peterhof Park and Gardens, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
The world-famous palace, fountain and park ensemble of Peterhof is an outstanding landmark of Russian artistic culture of the 18-19th centuries.Peterhof is a Dutch word meaning Peter's Court. Western European influence is abound in the Peterhof, called the Russian Versailles.
Music: “Con Te Partiro, 'Time To Say Goodbye” by Richard Clayderman purchased from Amazon mp3, I do not own the rights to this music.
Нижняя дача, Петергоф / Lower Dacha, Peterhof - 1885-1961
1885 - 1961
1885 - 1961
Sérénade pour Cordes et Orchestre by Viktor Kallinikov.
In the mid-1880's. the architect A.O. Tomishko built for the heir to the throne, the future Nicholas II, a small dacha reminiscent of an Italian villa in Alexandria Park, Peterhof, overlooking the Gulf of Finland.
The interiors of the villa were decorated in the Art Nouveau style.
Here on July 30, 1904, the only son of Emperor Nicholas II and Alexandra Feodorovna was born, Tsarevich Alexis. In his office The Emperor signed the manifesto of 1914 bringing Russia into the Great War.....
We see the Imperial family in their rooms, relaxing on the balcony, paddling in the gulf and enjoying summer days.........
2/7 Tourism in Russia Visit Moscow The Kolomenskoye Wooden Palace
Le palais de bois du tsar Alexey Mikhailovich a été construit au XVII ème siècle, entre 1667 et 1672, puis démantelé en 1767 sur l'ordre de Catherine II. Depuis peu, il a été entièrement reconstruit à l'identique grâce à des documents historiques précis. L'intérieur somptueux est tout à fait différent de ceux qu'on a l'habitude de voir.
Catherine' s Summer Palace
One of the lovely things about Russia is its countryside. Since so many people in Russia live in the cities in apartment buildings, the Russian countryside is not developed like it is here in the United States. On a drive outside of St. Petersburg you will see birch tree forests and farm land for miles. Our first stop is a place known in Russia as Tsarskoye Selo, or what we call Catherine's Summer Palace.
Although Catherine's Summer Palace is popularly associated with Catherine the Great, she actually regarded its whipped cream architecture as old-fashioned. The palace was actually built due to the efforts and funds of Empress Elizabeth and it was named after her mother Catherine. It is said that Elizabeth had the Palace rebuilt six times from the ground up to meet her expectations. Completed in the mid-1700s, and changed significantly by Catherine the Great, the interiors are Neoclassical, the exterior is a flamboyant Rococo style. The palace is best known for Rastrelli's grand suite of formal rooms known as the Golden Enfilade. It starts at the spacious airy ballroom, the Grand Hall or the Hall of Lights, with a spectacular painted ceiling. The Golden Enfilade also contains and comprises numerous distinctively decorated smaller rooms, including the reproduced Amber Room. The most famous room of the palace, the Amber Room was dissembled and its contents allegedly moved to a safer location during World War II. What actually became of the amber work and porcelain is unknown. More than forty years later, in 1982, an order was given to begin the restoration of the room, which took over 20 years to complete.
Museum of the Political History of Russia Petersburg - muzeum historii politycznej Rosji.
Krótka wizyta w Państwowym Muzeum Historii Politycznej Rosji. Podczas wizyty w Petersburgu warto zobaczyć :) Jak dla mnie pozycja wręcz obowiązkowa :D
Serdecznie zapraszam do podróży razem z nami :D
Chris Zabriskie: The Temperature of the Air on the Bow of the Kaleetan – na licencji Creative Commons Attribution (
Grand Palace, St. Petersburg, Russia
The Peterhof Palace is a series of palaces and gardens located in Petergof, Saint Petersburg, Russia, commissioned by Peter the Great as a direct response to the Palace of Versailles by Louis XIV of France. Originally intended in 1709 for country habitation, Peter the Great sought to expand the property as a result of his visit to the French royal court in 1717, inspiring the nickname used by tourists The Russian Versailles In the period between 1714 and 1728, the architecture was designed by Domenico Trezzini, and the style he employed became the foundation for the Petrine Baroque style favored throughout Saint Petersburg. Also in 1714, Jean-Baptiste Alexandre Le Blond designed the gardens, likely chosen due to his previous collaborations with Versailles landscaper André Le Nôtre. Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli completed an expansion from 1747 to 1756 for Elizabeth of Russia. The palace-ensemble along with the city center is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The first residential building in St. Petersburg: Cabin of Peter the Great
The cabin of Peter the Great (is a small wooden house which was the first St Petersburg palace of Tsar Peter I.
The log cabin was constructed in three days in May 1703, by soldiers of the Semyonovskiy Regiment. At that time, the new St Petersburg was described as a heap of villages linked together, like some plantation in the West Indies. The date of its construction is now considered to mark the foundation of the city.
The design is a combination of an izba, a traditional Russian countryside house typical of the 17th century, and the Tsar's beloved Dutch Baroque, later to evolve into the Petrine Baroque. Peter built similar domiki elsewhere in Russia - for example, in Voronezh, and Vologda. The wooden cabin in St Petersburg covers only 60 square meters (650 sq ft) and contains three rooms - living room, bedroom, and study. It has large ornate windows and a high hipped roof of wooden tiles. Inside, the wooden walls were painted with red oil to resemble brick, and the rooms came to be known as the red chambers. There are no fires or chimneys, as it was intended to be used only in the warmer summer months. It was occupied by the Tsar between 1703 and 1708, while Peter supervised the construction of the new imperial city and the Peter and Paul Fortress.
The cabin was moved to its present location, 6 Petrovskaia Naberezhnaia, in 1711 from its original site on the north bank of the River Neva close to the present Winter Palace. Peter had it encased for its protection within a red brick pavilion in 1723 and ordered that it be preserved for posterity as a memorial to his modesty, and the creation of St Petersburg ex nihilo. Catherine the Great ordered the shelter for the cabin to be renovated in 1784, and the protective brick pavilion was reconstructed by Nicholas I in the 1840s. Nicholas I also had the bedroom converted into a chapel dedicated to Christ the Redeemer, and iron railings were added in 1874.
Peter's domiki were used to mark significant dates, such as the bicentenary of Peter's birth in 1672. They became a center of devotion to the tsar, the Russian Orthodox Church, and the Russian motherland. An image of the log cabin was included on the Peter the Great Fabergé egg, created in 1903 to celebrate the bicentenary of the founding of St Petersburg. After the Russian Revolution, they became symbols of Russian heroic labor.
A prized national monument, the contents were removed, and the Cabin was boarded up and camouflaged during the Second World War. It was the first St Petersburg museum to reopen in September 1944, after the end of the Siege of Leningrad. Personal and domestic objects owned and used by Peter are still displayed within, and a bust of Peter by Parmen Zabello stands outside. The cabin is open to the public as a branch of the Russian Museum.
Sony Action Cam FDR-X3000 -
Sony SLT-A65V -
Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO HSM -
Peterhof / Петергоф - 1881
Дореволюционная Россия в фотографиях
Альбом видов Петергофа
Фотографии А. Ясвоин
Pre-revolutionary Russia in photographs
Album of views of Peterhof
Photographs by A.Yasvoin
Nocturne Op. 19 by P. Tchaikovsky
Here I present an interesting album of photographs taken in and around the are of Peterhof, Russia.
The military harbour
Belvedere Palace and more.....
0:13 Part 1: Construction and early use
1:23 Part 2: Royal acquisition and use
3:09 Part 3: Use during the Russian revolution
3:53 Part 4: Post-revolutionary uses
All text, either derivative works from Wikipedia Articles or original content shared here, is licensed under:
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
A full list of the authors of the original content can be found here:
00:00:00 Claude Debussy: V. Les Collines dʼAnacapri (Gilad Arnon)
00:03:21 César Franck: Pieces - No.5 (DM) (Erik Jan Eradus)
Socialism: History of Socialism
Nikolaevsky Palace in St.Petersburg /니콜라에브스키 궁전 오찬
- Nikolaevsky Palace in St.Petersburg, Russia
- 러시아 ‘상트페테르부르크’에 있는 ‘니콜라에브스키 궁전’ 레스트랑 오찬
- Music : 그리운 금강산
Петергоф. Peterhof. Весна. Spring. Май 2016. Maydays 2016
The Peterhof Museum Complex is one of the most popular museums not only in Russia, but in the whole world. Even a few hours here are enough to feel the spirit of history, which still lives on and breathes in this magnificent place.
As a former residence of the Russian monarchs, Peterhof brings together the finest achievements in national and international culture. This unique complex was created by outstanding architects, decorators and sculptors, whose spectacular works of art slot perfectly into the natural beauty of the coastal landscape.
Peter the Great planned Peterhof as the residence of a sea king. This was to be his incarnation of Russia as a great European power, with a foothold on the shores of the world's oceans, capable of competing with the finest Western courts — above all, with Versailles.
The history of Peterhof begins back in 1705, when travelling chambers were built for Peter the Great on the southern shore of the Gulf of Finland. Soon, not far from this place, work began on the creation of a new imperial residence, which, Peter determined, would one day outshine all the other royal palaces of Europe. The tsar deliberately built his new residence by the sea, as a triumphant symbol of the successful conclusion of Russia's long struggle for an outlet to the Baltic Sea. Peterhof was officially opened in the presence of the tsar and foreign diplomats in August 1723.
The architecture and decor of Peterhof reflects all the artistic styles of the past and the personal tastes and preferences of every Russian monarch.
One of the world's most famous palace-park ensembles, Peterhof was virtually destroyed during the Second World War. The post-war resurrection of the entire complex was one of the finest chapters in the history of restoration in Russia. The present-day beauty of Peterhof is the result of decades of painstaking work by architects, painters and masters of decorative and applied art. Restoration work continues even to this day, in the Chapel Royal of the Grand Palace, which ought to be completed by May 2011.
Today, the museum complex stretches across five hundred hectares of territory, embracing Strelna, Peterhof and Oranienbaum. Dotted with sparkling fountains, the Lower Park and Upper Gardens flow effortlessly into the shady and romantic glades of Alexandria, forming a unique fusion of regular and landscape parks. Every day, more than twenty museums — vastly different in their origins, ideas and contents — delight visitors with exciting new discoveries and the joy of their handsome treasures.
The Peterhof Museum Complex is rightfully regarded as the capital of fountains. Included in the state register of most valuable cultural objects of the Russian Federation, Peterhof now bears the proud title of one of the Seven Wonders of Russia.
Marble Palace: Venue in St. Petersburg, Russia #venue #Russia #stpetersburg
Marble Palace - perfect venue for gala dinner, welcome reception, presentation or conference. Located in very heart of St. Petersburg, perfect for 260 person Gala dunner of 400 guest conference. Ask Russia’ Leading DMC - TSAR EVENTS RUSSIA for details. #eventprofs #specialevents #catering #event #catering
Константиновский дворец/ Konstantinovsky Palace
История дворца в фотографиях
A history of the palace in photographs
Solemn entry of Antoine (No. 6) from the ballet suite Egyptian Nights by Anton Arensky
Allegretto from Trio No. 4 by D. Shostakovich
Константиновский дворец (Большой Стрельнинский дворец) — памятник архитектуры XVIII века, формирующий дворцово-парковый ансамбль в Стрельне.
с 2003 года — Государственный комплекс «Дворец конгрессов». Комплекс находится на южном берегу Финского залива на реках Стрелка и Кикенка
Konstantinovsky Palace (Big Strelninsky Palace) - an architectural monument of the XVIII century, forming a palace and park ensemble in Strelna, since 2003 - the State Complex Palace of Congresses
The garden and palace complex was formed in the XVIII - first half of XIX centuries. Until 1917, the estate belonged to the Russian imperial family. The first owner was Peter the Great, at the end of the 18th century Strelna became a private Grand Princely possession - in 1797 Paul I presented it to his second son, Grand Duke Konstantin Pavlovich, and his name is still associated with the palace today.
Following the October revolution, the palace fell into decay: it was handed over to a child labour commune, then to a secondary school.
During the Great Patriotic War, the Nazis occupied the building and established a naval base nearby in Strelna.
After the ravages of German occupation, only the palace walls were left standing; all interior decoration was gone. No effective restoration had been undertaken until 2001 when The Russian President ordered the palace to be converted into a presidential residence in Saint Petersburg.
Le Pavillon l'Hermitage
Architecte: Johann Friedrich Braunstein
C'est un pavillon à un étage, destiné au repos et aux repas du cercle étroit des membres de la famille impériale, les familiers ou les visiteurs. Il est situé dans la partie occidentale du Parc Inférieur de Peterhof, sur la côte sud du golfe de Finlande.
Russian Royal Palace in the Crimea. Film 91293
The Crimea. Soviet Union in the 1960's. The Crimea. The steps of a Royal palace entrance as a woman climbs them,