Mohawk Trail & Winter Wonderland in the Berkshires
Off the Beaten Path: Florida, MA | Connecting Point | Apr. 5, 2017
Mention the name “Florida,” and it usually conjures up thoughts of sun, sand, and palm trees – not snowy covered mountaintops in Massachusetts’ Berkshire Hills. With the Mohawk Trail running right through it, this rural and rugged town might be mistaken for being just a handful of buildings and the curious statue of an elk on Route 2 as you head to North Adams, but there is much more to it than that. Producer Tony Dunne and Videographer Dave Fraser take us “Off the Beaten Path” for a trip to Florida… Massachusetts, that is.
A contingent of families from the Seaport Sams Camping Club did their annual trek to the Mohawk Trail, basing at the Country Aire Campground in Shelburne Falls Ma which is just off Route 2. Our weekend main food activities were a BBQ Rib cookout, hosted by Club members Eric and Renee Anderson, and the Campgrounds Harvest Dinner which is traditionally held on the Sunday of the weekend. The video clips and stills are from the Country Aire Campground, the town of Shelburne Falls, and various scenic places we visited during the long Columbus Day weekend.
THE CASCADES || North Adams, Massachusetts
Becca and I finished off our weekend adventure by visiting the Cascades in North Adams Massachusetts.
Join the Adventure:
Now on BEME: ArtistExplores
Home Tonight - DoKashiteru
Available for use in monetized videos via digccmixter
CSS_SA (CSS Exclusive: North Adams, Massachusetts-Berkshires, USA Edition).
CSS Exclusive: North Adams, Massachusetts-Berkshires in the United SAdams of America Edition.
CSS Exclusive is a show where we learn and discover more about different places.
Hosted by Julia Burnham and Sipho Seroto, in this edition of the CSS Exclusive show we explore more about the history of one of America's great mill town which is North Adams.
A place which was formerly an industrial side.
Sipho Seroto interviews a number of guests who share their knowledge and experience about the history of North Adams.
The first guest interviewed is Mrs Gena Consolini who shares her experience about North Adams.
Mrs Gena Consolini is also an experienced nurse and she also shares her thoughts about the importance of looking after your health.
Sipho also meets Mrs Yvonne Walton at the reception of Holiday Inn Hotel.
From then Sipho interviews Mr Mike Hairpin who is a director of sales at the Holiday Inn hotel and he shares some important history about North Adams.
The third guest interviewed is Mr Jeff from Jack's Hotdog stand.
Jack's Hotdog is the best Hotdog shop not only in North Adams but also in the United States at large.
Mr Jeff from Jack's Hotdog shares his knowledge about the history of North Adams and we also find out from him exactly as to what really makes Jack's Hotdog to be the best hotdog shop.
The fourth guest interviewed is Mr Hale McShary who shares his knowledge about the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, known as Mass MoCa.
Mass MoCa is North Adam's largest contemporary art museum.
The fifth guest interviewed is Lieutenant Mark Seattleton from the North Adams Fire Department (NAFD) and he shares some recommendations about visiting North Adams area and the background history of North Adams.
Mr Seattleton also shares some important tips on how to avoid the risk of fire in the houses and buildings.
The sixth guest is Mr Fran, who is one of the older residents of North Adams and he shares some history about North Adams from his days when he was young.
The seventh guest is Miss Amy Chen who shares her thoughts and insight about how young people consider the significance of the field of arts and she generally shares her thoughts about North Adams.
CSS Exclusive, we kindly thank all the guests interviewed for their time and willingness to share their thoughts and knowledge.
You are welcome to post your comments on the comments section below.
Created & Directed by Sipho Seroto.
Assistant Director: Julia Burnham.
Hosted by Julia Burnham & Sipho Seroto.
Researcher: Sipho Seroto.
Script Writer: Sipho Seroto.
Sound & Video Editor: Sipho Seroto.
Voice Over Artist: Sipho Seroto.
CSS Exclusive show is made possible through The Head & The Load show tours.
A big thanks to The Head & The Load Show.
CSS Exclusive Show is a production of CSS Pictures.
For more information about CSS Pictures, please visit and like our Facebook Page on 'CSS Pictures'
CSS: Your Total Viewing Pleasure.
Mohawk Trail Tepee & Indian Chief - Native American On Rt.2
Roadtrip to Western Massachusetts - Mohawk Trail
54 MPH Massachusetts Route 2, The Mohawk Highway, 2272 feet Whitcomb Summit going east.
4 mile decent from the top of The Mohawk Highway's 2272 Foot Whitcomb Summit going east to the Hoosac River at 525 ft.
Dhamma Dhara - Massachusetts USA : Vipassana Meditation Center as taught by S N Goenka
The Vipassana Meditation Center Dhamma Dharā is one of more than 150 centers worldwide offering courses in Vipassana Meditation, taught by S.N.Goenka and his assistant teachers in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin.
Dhamma Dharā is located in Shelburne, Massachusetts, approximately 90 miles west of Boston and 200 miles north of New York City. The center is situated in a traditional, rural farming area of Massachusetts. Dairy farms, maple syrup and lumber are some of the local industries. The nearby Deerfield and Connecticut rivers flow through an agricultural valley that traverses much of New England. Five well known universities and several community colleges are situated in the valley, attracting many students. The nearby village of Shelburne Falls records that Native American tribes kept a peace treaty for the area of one day's journey in each direction. Their Mohawk Trail is now a state road and a national tourist destination for viewing the autumn tree foliage colors.
Dhamma Dharā means Land of Dhamma. The Shelburne center, founded in 1982, was the first Vipassana meditation center in North America. The original facility was merely a roomy, comfortable two-story house and barn on eight acres of meadowland. Local farmers report that the house was once a temperance tavern (i.e. not serving alcohol) for horse drawn coaches. Just eight students completed the first ten-day course and early courses in the house were limited to 25 students. Slowly the center began expanding to meet the demand of students. In 1989, a group of meditators donated an adjoining seventy acres of land which brought the land back to its original parcel. Today the center consists of 108 acres and many new buildings have been added, including a bathhouse, two dining rooms, meditation hall for 200, a 60 cell pagoda, separate residences for men and women and a center manager's house.
Presently the center is able to accommodate 68 women and 44 men in the winter months for a total of 112 participants. During the summer months course our capacity is 130 students, when we can use tents and cabins on the men's side. New residences were completed in 2007 with individual rooms and private baths so students can meditate seriously with the very least distractions.
Approximately nineteen 10-day courses are scheduled at Dhamma Dharā per year, with nearly every course full with a wait list. Approximately 1,725 students from around the world complete our courses annually. The center also offers courses for children and teenagers as well as 20, 30 and 45-day courses. The Vipassana Meditation Center supports regional prison outreach as well.
Course Schedule :
Vipassana Meditation Center, Dhamma Dharā
A 501(c)3 organization
386 Colrain-Shelburne Road
Shelburne, MA 01370-9672, USA
Phone: +1 (413) 625-2160
Fax: +1 (413) 625-2170
The $10K Incentive To Move To Western Mass.
Alaska pays people to live there. And rural cities in Kansas, Nebraska and Minnesota give new residents free land. Now there’s an effort to offer a financial incentive to Boston-area residents willing to move West. Stephanie Leydon hit the road in search of the would-be pay off.
Cycling across America from Boston to Seattle - Atlantic to Pacific Ocean
An epic cycling cross country journey from Atlantic to Pacific Ocean in 42 Day. We did 5200km or 3100 miles. Year 2013.
We want to thank Tomford family (Belmont, MA), Škrlj family (Rexford, NY), Steve ORourke (Baldwin, WI), The Miller family at Honeyhub Gackle Bunkhouse (Gackle, ND), Benedictine Monks and father Odo (Richardon, ND), nice family who took broken bike in Shelby (Shelby, MT), Harvey and his wife (Bonners Ferry, ID), nice family in Bunkhouse at Colville (Collvile, WA), Lerman family (Gig Harbor, WA) and Frau Elke (Gig Harbor, WA) for interesting pacific seeds.
1. Massachusetts: Cape Cod, Boston, Belmont, Gardner, Athol, Charlemont, Mohawk Rail State Forrest, North Adams, Williamstown
2. Vermont: Pownall
3. New York State: North Petersburg, Mechanicville, Rexford, Schenectady, Little Falls, Utica, Verona, Syracuse, Weedsport, Rochester, Brockport, Niagra Falls
4. Ontario, Canada: Niagra Falls, Hamilton, Brantford, London, Sarnia
5. Michigan: Port Huron, Frankenmuth, Saginaw, Evart, Ludington
6. Wisconsin: Manitowoc, Green Bay, Shawano, Wausau, Lake Wissota State Park, Chippewa Falls, Baldwin
7. Minnesota: St. Paul, Minneapolis, Monticello, St. Cloud, Lake Wobegon Trail, Alexandria, Barnesville, Moorhead
8. North Dakota: Fargo, Kindred, Little Yellowstone Park, Gackle, Napoleon, Bismarck, Richardton, Dickinson, Medora
9. Montana: Wibaux, Glendive, Circle, Vida, Wolf Point, Glasgow, Saco, Nelson Reservoir, Havre, Chester, Shelby, Cut Bank, Browning, East Glacier, West Glacier, Whitefish, Kallispel, Marion, Libby, Troy
10. Idaho: Bonners Ferry, Colburn, Sand Point, Dover, Priest River, Newport
11. Washington State: Newport, Flowery Trail, Chewelah, Colville, Kettle Falls, Sherman Pass, Republic, Wauconda, Tonascent, Omak, Okonagan, Twisp, Winthrop, Washington Pass, Marblemount, Concrete, Sedro-Woolley, Bay View State Park, Gig Harbor, Seattle, Tacoma Seattle
Music: (All credits go to fellow musicians and respective owners of this amazing music). Thanks to John Techwriter for pushing me for.
Intro: Isn't This A Lovely Day? - Stacey Kent: Candid Productions
1. Witchcraft - Chris Connor: Rhino Atlantic
2. Time After Time (Album Version) - Paul Anka: UMG
3. Can't Buy Me Love - Michael Bublé: Reprise
4. Attention, Rouge Rouge: Putumayo Wolrd Groove
5. Paul Kuhn: Eine Freundin So Goldig Wie Du: UMG
6. The Look Of Love - Billy May With The Time-Life Orchestra : Capitol Records
7. Against The Wind (Album Version) - Paul Anka : UMG
8. When I´m Grown - Tok Tok Tok : ZYX Music
9. Local Jazz Band in Baldwin Wisconsin - Their own music -
10. Teach me tiger - Marilyn Monroe : QM Music
11. My Way (Album Version /w Jon Bon Jovi) - Paul Anka : UMG
12. Du und ich im Mondenschein / Du glaubst mir nicht, dass ich dich - Horst Winter : Butique
13. Walking In Memphis (Album Version) - Paul Anka : UMG
14. Little Fugue in G minor - Jacques Loussier Trio : Telarc
15. Eins und eins das macht zwei - Thomas Quasthoff : Universal Music
16. Home - Michael Bublé : Reprise
17. You Made Me Love You - Julie London : Capitol Catalogue
18. I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face - Thomas Quasthoff : Deutsche Grammophon
The Rock Forest: Sunday Driver- Mohawk Trail (Rt. 2) to NY; PT. 1
Out for your typical Sunday Drive. This video depicts a 7 miles stretch of the Mohawk Trail (Rt. 2) from Charlemont to Florida, MA. This section runs through the Mohawk Trail State Forest.This is Part 1 of a run to the NY border. For more details, please visit The Rock Forest:
Accent Tag - Western Massachusetts
Garage, herb, schedule, figure, jaguar, lieutenant, water, advertisement, vase, route, ballet, tomato, leisure, address, ate, buoy, aluminium, aunt, wash, oil, theatre, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pyjamas, caught.
What is it called when you throw TOILET paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Fall in the Berkshires - Places to See in Western MA
Just a 3-hour drive from Boston and NYC, the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts is a magical place to visit during the fall foliage season. With its scenic nature, farm-to-table dining, and riveting art scene, the Berkshires is a dreamy destination that you cannot miss!
Places Visited: Hancock Shaker Village, Great Barrington, Norman Rockwell Museum, Stockbridge, Housatonic River, Berkshire Canoe Tours, Mount Greylock, Harbour House Inn, Trail House Kitchen, Lenox, Lee, Chambery Inn, MASS MOCA.
✔ ALREADY SUBSCRIBED?
➤ MORE GLOBAL.VIEWPOINT
⪧ ???? INSTAGRAM:
⪧ ???? WEBSITE:
➤ CHECK OUT MY LATEST BLOG POSTS ????
⪧ UNEARTHING THE MAGIC OF WEST ICELAND
⪧ DISCOVERING YOURSELF THROUGH TRAVEL
⪧ SAN FRANCISCO IN 3 DAYS
#Berkshires #Fall #WesternMassachusetts
Franklin County - Massachusetts - New England
Franklin County is the most rural county in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and it shows! Farms, fields and valleys surround the historic villages and bustling towns. There is so much to do here - in our fine museums, educational institutions and cultural centers - but most of all, the great outdoors! Follow a back road, through a covered bridge, up into the hills and down again. Cruise the Connecticut River, ride the rapids of the Deerfield River between the green walls of Zoar gap.
Listen to the blues in a bookstore cafe, once an 1830's mill, or chamber music in a tiny rural church. Find a local swimming hole ... and spend a night or two at a hilltop farm, in a gracious mansion or 18th century homestead, in villages that have changed little since the 19th century.
A Day with Senator Brown in Western Massachusetts
Clips from one day of travel with Senator Scott Brown in Western MA.
Scenic Roads and Tarmac Trails Pittsfield to Northampton Massachusetts
Visit our other channel.
is a cable access program that is produced in the Western Massachusetts town of East Longmeadow. ADV TV airs on ELCAT channel 191 and FOCUS Springfield channel 12 Springfield, Massachusetts.
We do not monetize our videos. Any ads placed are done so by google's web crawler with regard to third party content. Whenever possible we attain permission from the third parties, unfortunately youtube does sometimes place adverts.
The Mount - Lenox, Massachusetts Berkshires, Massachusetts, United States
- Created at TripWow by TravelPod Attractions (a TripAdvisor™ company)
The Mount Lenox
Author Edith Wharton's self-designed estate features historical exhibits, garden tours and educational lectures.
Read more at:
Travel blogs from The Mount:
- ... As it happens, we did make it to: Tanglewood (no concerts underway, but we did view the grounds), and Edith Wharton's home, The Mount (again, exterior only; we were too cheap to pay the $16 admission fee and thought about sneeking in through the woods ...
- ... After seeing the Mount, I wandered around the town of Lenox, having lunch in a nice little cafe ...
- ... I visited The Mount, Edith Wharton's estate, which was delightful -- loved the gardens ...
Read these blogs and more at:
- Lenox, Massachusetts Berkshires, Massachusetts, United States
Photos in this video:
- The Mount from the gardens by Ahartry from a blog titled Berkshires and Walden Pond
- Outbuilding at The Mount by Kellyjohn from a blog titled Bear Sighting
- Fountain -- the Mount by Ahartry from a blog titled Berkshires and Walden Pond
- Gardens of the Mount by Ahartry from a blog titled Berkshires and Walden Pond
- Aracade at the Mount by Ahartry from a blog titled Berkshires and Walden Pond
- The Mount by Ahartry from a blog titled Berkshires and Walden Pond
Walmart North Adams Massachusetts
You see this too... don't you?
The history of Springfield's South End
The entire city is getting ready to welcome MGM-Springfield. 22News reporter Sy Becker takes a look back, at the history of the south end.
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts 1/2
Filmed: July 9, 2012. Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts. Population ~2000, nice small town with the falls and most interesting glacier ground potholes in the rock base.