2. New Bedford Whaling MuseumNew Bedford The New Bedford Whaling Museum is a museum in New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States that focuses on the history of the international whaling industry and the Old Dartmouth region in the South Coast of Massachusetts. The museum is governed by the Old Dartmouth Historical Society , and its collections include over 750,000 items, including 3,000 pieces of scrimshaw and 2,500 logbooks from whaling ships, both of which are the largest collections in the world. The museum's complex consists of several contiguous buildings housing 20 exhibit galleries and occupying an entire city block within the New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park. The museum also houses a collection of fine art, including works by major American artists who lived or worked in the New Bedford area, such as Albert Bi... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Nauset BeachOrleans Orleans is a town in Barnstable County, Massachusetts situated along Cape Cod. The population was 5,890 at the 2010 census.For geographic and demographic information on the census-designated place Orleans, please see the article Orleans , Massachusetts. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Marconi BeachWellfleet Marconi Beach is part of the Cape Cod National Seashore in Massachusetts. The beach is named for Italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi. In 1903, the first transatlantic wireless communication originating in the United States was successfully transmitted from nearby Marconi Station; a message from U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt to King Edward VII of the United Kingdom. The beach was also used by the former Camp Wellfleet for artillery and rocket testing. There is a broad, sweeping view of the Atlantic Ocean and Cape Cod Bay from the overlook atop the steep sand cliff above the beach. The National Park Service has built a display on-site that describes the history of wireless telegraphy, though parts have been removed due to beach erosion. During the summer season, restrooms and outdoor show... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Heritage Museums & GardensSandwich Heritage Museums and Gardens , formerly the Heritage Plantation of Sandwich, is located at 67 Grove Street, Sandwich, Massachusetts. The public garden, with its nationally significant collection of rhododendrons hybridized by Charles Dexter, over 1,000 varieties of daylilies and extensive hosta collection, is complemented by three gallery buildings containing a world-class collection of American automobiles, American folk art and a working 1919 carousel and rare carousel figures. Heritage is open April - October 7 days a week, and on weekend evenings between Thanksgiving and Christmas for its annual Gardens Aglow festival. The museum's grounds were once the estate of noted rhododendron hybridizer Charles O. Dexter, where between 1921-1943 Dexter developed between 5,000 and 10,000 seedlings... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Sandwich Glass MuseumSandwich Sandwich is a town in Barnstable County, Massachusetts, the oldest town on Cape Cod, turning 375 years old in 2014. The town motto is Post tot Naufracia Portus, after so many shipwrecks, a haven. The population was 20,675 at the 2010 census. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Coast Guard BeachEastham This page contains a list of United States Coast Guard stations in the United States within the United States Coast Guard's nine districts. There are currently many stations located throughout the country along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, Pacific Ocean and Great Lakes. Although many of the stations have been located on shore, floating stations have been based on the Ohio River and Dorchester Bay.Many of the stations listed date from the 1800s, during the existence of the United States Life-Saving Service. Development of stations were started with the 1848 signing of the Newell Act. This act allowed Congress to appropriate $10,000 to established unmanned life-saving stations along the New Jersey coast south of New York Harbor and to provide surf boat, rockets, carronad... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2009 Picking Cotton - DEJ Turner Farms
Jared Turner with DEJ Turner Farms picks cotton on the Cameron Farm in southern Appling County, Georgia. Jared farms with his dad, Danny and his grandfather, Eugene.
Bay Circuit Trail Bedford MA Part 4: Mary Putnam Webber Wildlife Preserve.
The Mary Putnam Webber Wildlife Preserve is along the Reformatory Branch segment of the Bay Circuit Trail located a bit east of the Route 62 Parking lot.
It features a field ecotone slowly becoming woods in addition to portions given over to maturing oak copses. It is still in the alder scrub and shrub phase.
It appears to be a bit neglected since the recession. When I was there in 2007, it was well maintained.
Discover South Coast - Fort Barton & Highland Woods, Tiverton, RI
Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX, Hawthorne Hotels - California
Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX 2 Stars Hawthorne, California Within US Travel Directory Offering free airport shuttle service to nearby Los Angeles International Airport, this hotel in Hawthorne, California Within US Travel Directory is near Interstate 105, minutes from Hollywood Park Racetrack. Comfort Inn Cockatoo near Lax provides guests with a free continental breakfast every morning. In the afternoon, guests can go for a swim in the outdoor heated pool or take advantage of the free wireless internet access throughout the hotel. Guestrooms at the Cockatoo Comfort Inn near LAX feature flat-screen TVs and pillow-top mattresses. Guests can make a cup of coffee with the in-room coffeemaker or do some work at the desk. Hotel Location : Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX, 11500 Acacia Avenue CA 90250, USA Booking Now:
Hotels list and More information visit U.S. Travel Directory