Adel is a city in and the county seat of Dallas County, Iowa, United States. It is located along the North Raccoon River. Its population was 3,682 at the 2010 Census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Adel
1. AdventurelandAltoona Iowa Adventureland is a family-owned amusement park in Altoona, Iowa . It is marketed as featuring over 100 rides, shows and attractions. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. John Wayne Birthplace & MuseumWinterset Marion Mitchell Morrison , known professionally as John Wayne and nicknamed The Duke, was an American actor and filmmaker. An Academy Award-winner for True Grit , Wayne was among the top box office draws for three decades.Born in Winterset, Iowa, Wayne grew up in Southern California. He was president of Glendale High class of 1925. He found work at local film studios when he lost his football scholarship to the University of Southern California as a result of a bodysurfing accident. Initially working for the Fox Film Corporation, he appeared mostly in small bit parts. His first leading role came in Raoul Walsh's widescreen epic The Big Trail , which led to leading roles in numerous B movies throughout the 1930s, most of them in the Western genre. Wayne's career began in 1930 with Raoul Wal... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Roseman Covered BridgeWinterset The Roseman Covered Bridge is a historic covered bridge in Winterset, Iowa. It is prominently featured in the novel The Bridges of Madison County, as well as its film adaptation. It was built in 1883 over the Middle River, and renovated in 1992. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Grotto of the RedemptionWest Bend Iowa The Dickeyville Grotto is a series of grottos and shrines in Dickeyville, Grant County, Wisconsin, United States. It is located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 151 and Highway 35. Most of the site's concrete structures are covered in shells, stones, tiles, wood, glass, gems and geodes donated by area parishioners. The site is visited by 40,000 to 60,000 visitors per year. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. High Trestle TrailAnkeny High Trestle Trail is a rail trail running from Ankeny to Woodward in central Iowa. The recreation trail opened on April 30, 2011. It is a paved recreational trail that runs through the Polk, Story, Boone, and Dallas counties. The trail's name is derived from a former 1913 bridge that spanned the Des Moines River between the towns of Madrid and Woodward. Conservation board directors and the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation estimate that more than 3,000 people use this trail each week. The trail is a major component of a planned pair of 100-mile loops that will meet near Des Moines. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
We decided to take a day trip down to the southernmost point in mainland United States, Key West.
The drive takes you along Highway 1 Overseas Highway and passes through some 40+ islands before reaching Key West. Journey time from Miami to Key West is approximately 4 hours, but you pass through some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world.
The Overseas Highway is a single lane Highway which passes over on one side, the Atlantic Ocean and on the other side, the Gulf of Mexico.
You basically cross from Mainland Florida and into the Caribbean without flying and the transition happens within minutes of starting the journey over the Overseas Highway. You see the sea turn all different shades of blue and all the way to an emerald colour.
This is the full journey from the Florida Turnpike all the way to Duval Street in the centre of Key West.
Music is Elmer's Tune performed by Boyd Rayburn and his Dance Orchestra and .
Filmed using the Sony HDR-HC9 HDV1080i High Definition Handycam.
Quality Inn & Suites Ankeny in Ankeny IA
Website: . . . . . . . .. .. ... . .. .. .. Quality Inn & Suites Ankeny 201 Southeast Delaware Avenue Ankeny IA 50021 The Quality Inn & Suites hotel is just off Interstate 35 and is conveniently located near many popular attractions. This Ankeny, IA hotel is close to the Iowa Events Center multipurpose venue and the Wells Fargo Arena. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy being minutes from recreation areas including Ankeny Golf and Country Club. Saylorville Lake is 10 miles away and offers an excellent backdrop for an array of activities like hiking, biking, boating, fishing and more. There are many entertainment venues, shopping centers and restaurants close by. As a guest of this Ankeny, IA hotel, you can enjoy features including free hot deluxe continental breakfast, free wireless high-speed Internet access, free newspaper, free local calls and an indoor heated pool. A public computer with Internet access, access to copy and fax service and an on-site meeting room that can accommodate up to 35 people are available for business travelers. Rest and relax in spacious guest rooms that offer features like down pillows, pillow-top mattresses, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers with free coffee, desks, curved shower rods, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television at this Ankeny, IA hotel. Select rooms also have hot tubs and sofa sleepers. Coin-operated laundry facilities are located on the premises and ample parking is provided.
Residence Inn by Marriott Durham Duke University Medical Center Area - Durham Hotels, North Carolina
Residence Inn by Marriott Durham Duke University Medical Center Area3Durham,North Carolina Within US Travel Directory One of our top picks in Durham. Offering an indoor pool and a fitness centre, Residence Inn by Marriott Durham Duke University Medical Center Area is located in Durham. Free WiFi and free breakfast are provided. Rooms include air conditioning, a seating area, and a TV. A microwave and refrigerator are included in the full kitchen. The private bathroom features a hairdryer and a bath or shower,A fitness centre, 24-hour reception, and a mini-market are available at this Duke University Residence Inn. Other facilities offered at the property include grocery deliveries, meeting facilities, and luggage storage. The property offers free parking. The hotel is 320 m from Brightleaf District, 1. 4 kilometres from Durham Performing Arts Center, and 2. 6 kilometres from Duke University Hospital. Raleigh-Durham International Airport is 16 minutes' drive.
Residence Inn by Marriott Durham Duke University Medical Center Area - Durham Hotels, North Carolina Location in : 1108 West Main Street ,NC 27701, Durham, North Carolina
Booking now :
Hotels list and More information visit U.S. Travel Directory
► North Carolina Hotels List YouTube Channel :
Bike People: Memorial Trails and Fundraising Rides (#110)
Bike People considers several trails and the people who have made them possible, along with some favorite fund raiser rides.