Avondale is a borough in Chester County, in southeastern Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,265 at the 2010 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Avondale
1. Longwood GardensKennett Square Longwood Gardens is an American botanical garden. It consists of over 1,077 acres of gardens, woodlands, and meadows in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, United States in the Brandywine Creek Valley. It is one of the premier horticultural display gardens in the United States and is open to visitors year-round to enjoy exotic plants and horticulture , events and performances, seasonal and themed attractions, as well as educational lectures, courses, and workshops. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Harrah's PhiladelphiaChester Harrah's Philadelphia Casino & Racetrack is a racino on the Chester, Pennsylvania waterfront. The track's first harness racing season opened on September 10, 2006. Wagering on live horse races is currently available on-track from April to December on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The racing broadcast is also available for wagering via simulcast from other racetracks throughout the United States and Canada. The 5⁄8 mile racetrack has a limestone-based surface. The midpoint of 1-mile races comes on a bridge that hangs over the Delaware River and provides a view of freight ships passing by. The racing paddock at Harrah's holds up to 131 horses. Because of limited space, horses are shipped in to the paddock rather than stabled on-track. Built on the site of the former Sun Shipbuil... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Six Flags Great AdventureJackson New Jersey Six Flags Great Adventure is an amusement park located in Jackson, New Jersey, owned by Six Flags Entertainment Corp. Situated between New York City and Philadelphia, the park complex also contains the Hurricane Harbor water park. The park opened in 1974 under restaurateur Warner LeRoy. Six Flags took over ownership of the park in 1977. Today, the park contains eleven themed areas. In August 30, 2012, Six Flags combined its 160-acre Great Adventure Park with its 350-acre Wild Safari animal park to form the 510-acre Six Flags Great Adventure & Safari park, making it the second-largest theme park in the world, after Disney's Animal Kingdom. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Grounds For SculptureHamilton Grounds For Sculpture is a 42-acre sculpture park and museum located in Hamilton, NJ, United States, on the former site of the New Jersey State Fairgrounds. Founded in 1992 by John Seward Johnson II, the venue is dedicated to promoting an understanding of and appreciation for contemporary sculpture by organizing exhibitions, publishing catalogues, and offering a variety of educational programs and special community events. In July 2000, GFS became a nonprofit organization open to the public. Operation revenues come from visitors, art patrons, donations, and grants. GFS maintains an ever changing collection of sculptures, with works by Seward Johnson and other artists. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Valley Forge National Historical ParkValley Forge The Village of Valley Forge is an unincorporated settlement located on the west side of Valley Forge National Historical Park at the confluence of Valley Creek and the Schuylkill River in Pennsylvania, United States. The remaining village is in Schuylkill Township of Chester County, but once spanned Valley Creek into Montgomery County. The name Valley Forge is often used to refer to anywhere in the general vicinity of the park, and many places actually in King of Prussia, Trooper, Oaks, and other nearby communities will use the name, leading to some ambiguity on the actual location of the modern village. There is a partial re-creation of the historic village from the time of the American Revolution that is located next door, and just within the outskirts of the park. Valley Forge is known ... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
We explored this abandoned mansion in Cincinnati, Ohio that was built in 1895. This beautiful stone castle-like mansion was built for George Dittman who owned a Shoe Manufacturing Company in Cincinnati. In 1990s the property was converted into a nursing home. The home in the Avondale Neighborhood was condemned on September 24, 2012. This home is recognized on the National Register of Historic Places as the Mary A. Wolfe House but this was due to a mixup.
It is a shame that this historical property is can make it on the registry of historic places but not be saved.
To read the full story check out the link in the description to the Digging Cincinnati Article.
Also, know as: Mary A. Wolfe House build by the Samuel Hannaford Firm 1888 Romanesque
Property Information and historical write-up:
If you like our videos and want exclusive content on places we don’t share in public consider supporting us on Patreon!
Check out our website for resources! Complete Exploration Log:
Urbex Tips and Tricks:
Recommended Urban Exploring Gear:
Warning: Always be respectful of others property. Urban exploring comes with risks and we do not encourage exploring by anyone that does not have a good understanding of building structures and risks. EXPLORE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Join Mod Betty as she discovers an unusual sight on the Lincoln Highway AND learns about shoofly pie!
Driving Through: Amish Country in Ronks, PA
Driving Through: Amish Country in Ronks, PA
THE FARM: A Tribute To The Old Red Barn Restaurants of the 1970's.
I had heard the rumors about an old Red Barn Restaurant that was still open in Racine, WI, so I had to check it out. The salad bar was missing, but that was my only disappointment. The food was GREAT and tasted as I remembered it from 33 years ago. I would recommend that anyone passing through or near the Milwaukee-Racine, WI area, to stop in at The Farm and relive some nostalgic food, tastes, and atmosphere. Check out their web site for more details:
Goodwill Outlet Store (Clearance Center) - Buy Thrift Store Goods by the Pound! - FULL TOUR (Phoenix
Here is a preview of the Goodwill Clearance Center (Outlet Store) in Phoenix, Arizona!
The place is kinda dirty and pretty brutal, but you can find some good stuff! Watch out for broken glass and random wetness lol! Bring glove! People can be rude and shove you, so remember to give them a good punch in the face as a reminder. Watch for kids rummaging your cart when you're not looking. Have fun!!
Video Title: Goodwill Outlet Store (Clearance Center) - Buy Thrift Store Goods by the Pound! - FULL TOUR (Phoenix
Video File Created Date: 06 February 2016 (Video may or may not have been captured on this date, it shows the date the video was last converted.)
-- Video Uploaded and Managed using YouTube Bulk Uploader for the Lazy!
-- Manage and Auto-Tag your YouTube videos offline... Then upload!
Victoria Lodge Hotel, Kenilworth
Victoria Lodge Hotel, 180 Warwick Road, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 1HU, England
Click on the blue link above to read more about the Victoria Lodge Hotel or to book your stay there.Or visit for bargain prices on many more hotels in Warwickshire in the UK and around the globe.