Baldwyn is a city located in Lee and Prentiss counties, Mississippi, located in the northern part of the Tupelo micropolitan area. The population was 3,297 at the 2010 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Baldwyn
1. Brice's Crossroads National BattlefieldBaldwyn Brice's Cross Roads National Battlefield Site commemorates the Battle of Brice's Crossroads, in which the Confederate army, under Major-General Nathan Bedford Forrest, defeated a much larger Union force on June 10, 1864, to ultimately secure supply lines between Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Corinth Civil War Interpretive CenterCorinth The Second Battle of Corinth was fought October 3–4, 1862, in Corinth, Mississippi. For the second time in the Iuka-Corinth Campaign, Union Maj. Gen. William Rosecrans defeated a Confederate army, this time one under Maj. Gen. Earl Van Dorn. After the Battle of Iuka, Maj. Gen. Sterling Price marched his army to meet with Van Dorn's. The combined force, known as the Army of West Tennessee, was put under the command of the more senior Van Dorn. The army moved in the direction of Corinth, a critical rail junction in northern Mississippi, hoping to disrupt Union lines of communications and then sweep into Middle Tennessee. The fighting began on October 3 as the Confederates pushed the U.S. Army from the rifle pits originally constructed by the Confederates for the Siege of Corinth. The Confe... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Shiloh National Military ParkShiloh Shiloh National Military Park preserves the American Civil War Shiloh and Corinth battlefields. The main section of the park is in the unincorporated town of Shiloh, about nine miles south of Savannah, Tennessee, with an additional area located in the city of Corinth, Mississippi, 23 miles southwest of Shiloh. The Battle of Shiloh began a six-month struggle for the key railroad junction at Corinth. Afterward, Union forces marched from Pittsburg Landing to take Corinth in a May siege, then withstood an October Confederate counter-attack. The visitor center provides exhibitions, films and a self-guided Auto Tour. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Ivy GreenTuscumbia Ivy Green is the name for the childhood home of Helen Keller. It is located in Tuscumbia, Alabama. The house was built in 1820 and is a simple white clapboard house. The actual well pump where Helen Keller first communicated with Anne Sullivan is located at Ivy Green. The property includes the cottage where Keller was born and the house where she spent her early childhood. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. University of North AlabamaFlorence Alabama The University of North Alabama is a coeducational university located in Florence, Alabama. It is the state's oldest four-year public university. Occupying a 130-acre campus in a residential section of Florence, UNA is located within a four-city area that also includes Tuscumbia, Sheffield and Muscle Shoals. The four cities compose a metropolitan area with a combined population of 140,000 people.The University of North Alabama was founded as LaGrange College in 1830. It was reestablished in 1872 as the first state-supported teachers college south of the Ohio River. A year later, it became one of the nation's first coeducational colleges. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.