Come Tour Stafford County, Virginia
I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor ( This video is about the really cool historical sites of Stafford County, Virginia. I talk about a couple of other sites in our county but I do show photos and a video of a couple others as well.
Some of the historical sites you could see in our area and within our county here in Stafford County, Virginia are:
1. The Aquia Episcopal Church which is a church here that is one of the oldest colonial churches in the United States of America. The church was first built in 1751 and burnt down in a fire in 1757 in which was rebuilt that very same year soon after the fire of 1757. The church is still being used to this day for Sunday church services but they do tours of the church but you have to call the church to make an appointment to tour this church.
2. Then we have Ferry Farm which is the childhood home for the first President of the United States of America, George Washington. Which is down in the Falmouth part of Stafford County in the southern part of the county.
3. Then we have the Aquia Quarry that is known as Government Island nearby the Aquia Creek. Which this place is where George Washington got the sandstone that built the White House and the U.S. Capital building in Washington, DC. Which basically is where the foundation of our nation's capital was brought from this spot directly to our nation's capital Washington, DC. So if you go to these two buildings in DC and wanted to see the place where the sandstone came from to build those buildings you would have to come here to Stafford County. All since it all came from here. And I made a video of Government Island and it was my first time over there. And now I've been living right around the corner from this place for 10 years and I finally got the courage to go there.
4. Then not far from here we have the battlefield sites for 5 Civil War battlefields close by as well. And a mansion that was built in colonial times that served as a headquarters and hospital for the Union army during the American Civil War during the Battle of Fredericksburg. Those 5 battlefields are from: the Battle of Fredericksburg, the Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, the Battles of Bull Run in Manassas, the Battle of the Wilderness, and the Battle of Chancellorsville.
5. We also have nearby in Triangle, Virginia right outside the main gate to the Quantico Marine Corps Base is the National Museum of the Marine Corps. Which outside of the museum is a monument park with bricks of names of people who has served in the United States Marine Corps. My father is one of those former MARINES who had served. His name was Captain Donald J St. Pierre his brick has his date of birth of 11/19/59 and his date of death of 07/05/03 on it. When you go to this museum you can remind yourself that man was my father when you see that brick at this museum.
6. We are also within the area of the historical Virginia city of Fredericksburg as well.
To learn more about our county you may visit our county's website at: Our county has been a county in Virginia since 1664 so we are a county that is now over 350 years old. We had just had our 350th anniversary of our founding back in 2014. I had put this video together because back when I was a student at the Washington, DC Job Corps Center. I told people I was from Stafford and they asked me. Where the heck is that place I've never heard of that place? And I have felt with the kind of history our county has I think this Virginia county should be the most famous Virginia county throughout the world. All since the foundation of our nation's capital came from here and we also have the childhood home of the very first president of our nation. The is where George Washington grew up. Plus that famous cherry tree story about Washington may have took place here back when Washington was a young boy. Since Washington grew up here from the ages of 3 to 19 at Ferry Farm.
Woodlawn Weddings VA wedding Alexandria Virginia
Woodlawn Weddings VA wedding Alexandria Virginia
Woodlawn Weddings Virginia
9000 Richmond Highway Alexandria, VA 22309
Woodlawn-VA-wedding-photos, Woodlawn-Virginia-wedding-photos, Woodlawn-VA-wedding-cost, Woodlawn-Virginia-wedding, Woodlawn-wedding-Alexandria-VA, Woodlawn-House-wedding-Alexandria-VA, Woodlawn-wedding-cost, Woodlawn-House-weddings-VA, Woodlawn-Estate-wedding-Alexandria-VA, Woodlawn-Estate-weddings, Woodlawn-weddings, Woodlawn-and-Frank-lloyd-Wrights Pope-Leighey-House-weddings, Rodney-Bailey-Photography, Woodlawn-and-Frank-lloyd-Wrights Pope-Leighey-House, Woodlawn-Estate-Plantation-weddings-Alexandria-VA, Woodlawn-Estate-wedding, Woodlawn-Plantation-wedding-photos-VA, Woodlawn-Estate-wedding-photographer-VA, Woodlawn-Estate-Wedding-ceremony-reception-VA, Woodlawn-Estate-Virginia-photographer, Woodlawn-Estate-Northern-Virginia-Wedding-Event-Venue, Woodlawn-Estate-Northern-Virginia-Wedding-photography, Woodlawn-Estate-Virginia-Weddings, V Woodlawn-Estate-A-wedding-photos, Northern-Virginia-Photographer, Northern-Virginia, weddings-Virginia, Woodlawn-Estate, wedding-photographers-Virginia, Virginia-wedding-photographers, wedding-photographers-VA, Northern-VA-wedding-photographers, photographers-in-the-VA-area, engagement-photos-VA, wedding-photographers-in-VA, VA-wedding-photographer-prices, photography-VA, Engagement-Photography-in-VA, Virginia-wedding-Photography, Best-Wedding-Photographers-VA, VA-Wedding-Venue, Photographers-in-VA-Area, VA-Engagement-Pictures, Wedding-Photographer-NORTHERN-VA, Engagement-Photography-VA, Wedding-Venues-in-VA-Metro-Area, Wedding-photography-prices-VA, Wedding-photographer-prices-NORTHERN-VA, Proposal-Photographer-VA, Proposal-Photography-NORTHERN-VA, Wedding-Photography-Websites-VA, Average-price-for-a-wedding-photographer-VA, Average-price-wedding-pictures-VA, Average-price-wedding-photos-VA, Wedding-photographer-cost-per-hour-VA, Wedding-photography-cost-VA, VA-wedding-photographer-cost, VA-wedding-photographer
Alexandria VA weddings,
Woodlawn House weddings,
Woodlawn Frank lloyd Wrights Pope Leighey House weddings, Woodlawn House wedding cost,Woodlawn Estate weddings,Woodlawn,weddings,va weddings