3. Chateau de CadenetCadenet Châteauneuf-du-Pape is a commune in the Vaucluse department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region in southeastern France. The village lies about 3 kilometres to the east of the Rhône and 12 kilometres north of the town of Avignon. In the 2012 census the commune had a population of 2,179. A ruined medieval castle sits above the village and dominates the landscape to the south. It was built in the 14th century for Pope John XXII, the second of the popes to reside in Avignon. None of the subsequent Avignon popes stayed in Châteauneuf but after the schism of 1378 the antipope Clement VII sought the security of the castle. With the departure of the popes the castle passed to the archbishop of Avignon, but it was too large and too expensive to maintain and was used as a source of stone fo... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Pont du GardVers Pont Du Gard The Pont du Gard is an ancient Roman aqueduct that crosses the Gardon River near the town of Vers-Pont-du-Gard in southern France. The Pont du Gard, built as three tiers of archways to bring water to the city of Nîmes, is the highest of all elevated Roman aqueducts, and one of the best preserved. It was added to UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites in 1985 because of its historical importance. The aqueduct bridge is part of the Nîmes aqueduct, a 50-kilometre system built in the first century AD to carry water from a spring at Uzès to the Roman colony of Nemausus . Because of the uneven terrain between the two points, the mostly underground aqueduct followed a long, winding route that called for a bridge across the gorge of the Gardon River. The bridge has three tiers of arches, stands ... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Lac de Sainte-CroixSainte Croix Du Verdon The Lake of Sainte-Croix is a man-made lake that was formed by the construction, between 1971 and 1974 of a reinforced-concrete arch dam by the name of Dam of Sainte-Croix. The reservoir holds a maximum of 761 million cubic metres of water. The dam, which generates 142 million kWh of electricity per year, is 94 metres high, 7.5 metres thick at its base and 3 metres thick at its crest. The village that can be seen adjacent to the lake, however, is not the eponymous village of Sainte-Croix-de-Verdon but Les Salles-sur-Verdon. The original village is now completely underwater. The other villages around the lake are: Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon Bauduen Les Salles-sur-Verdon From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. Chateau de LourmarinLourmarin The Château de Lourmarin is a converted castle located in the town of Lourmarin which is situated in the Vaucluse département, in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region of France. Originally a 12th-century fortress, it was transformed in the 15th century by Foulques d'Agoult, chamberlain of King Rene I. of Anjou. After 1526 the castle belonged to Louis d’Agoult-Montauban and his wife Blanche de Lévis-Ventadour and the new annex made the building the first Renaissance building in the Provence Region. Afterwards the castle became the residence of the Créqui-Lesdiguières family, who were the lords of Château de La Tour d'Aigues. Despite owning the castle, they never took residence in it, and this state of affairs continued until the beginning of the French Revolution. After the Revo... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
9. Parc du MugelLa Ciotat The Parc du Mugel is a municipal park and botanical garden in the town of La Ciotat, in the French department of Bouches-du-Rhône, on the Mediterranean coast of France between Marseille and Toulon. It is listed among the Notable Gardens of France by the French Ministry of Culture. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
[4K] Pertuis France, Provence Luberon (videoturysta.eu)
[EN] We visit Pertuis - a town located in Provence, in the southern part of the Luberon massif, near the towns of Lourmarin and Cadenet. As usual in such towns, we stroll winding and narrow streets, admite interesting fountains, look at walls and a defensive tower, and also notice the social life. *** more info:
[FR] Nous visitons Pertuis - une ville située en Provence, dans la partie sud du massif du Luberon, près des villes de Lourmarin et Cadenet. Comme d'habitude dans ces villes, nous nous promenons dans des rues sinueuses et étroites, admirons des fontaines intéressantes, regardons des murs et une tour de défense, et remarquons également la vie sociale. *** plus d'informations:
[PL] Odwiedzamy Pertuis - miasteczko położone w Prowansji, w południowej części masywu Luberon, niedaleko miejscowości Lourmarin i Cadenet. Jak zwykle w takich miasteczkach spacerujemy krętymi i wąskimi uliczkami, oglądamy fontanny, mury i wieżę obronną, a także przyglądamy się życiu towarzyskiemu. *** więcej informacji:
#france #provence #luberon
A Church in Aix-en-Provence, France
From 5 photographs I took of an 800-year-old church in Aix-en-Provence, a clip of music and a sound recording I made while inside the location, I made this short video. My digital recorder has a very sensitive mic and it picked up a lot of handling noises but I didn't want to cut out that part of the recording as it is musically important. The mass is sung in French. I am surprised by how much quality is lost when uploading videos to YouTube.
Explore Europe with Veena World Part 1 - Veena Patil introduces Europe tours 2014
Veena Patil introduces Veena World's Europe tours for 2014. She talks about affordable tourism and maintaining quality on the tours despite the low costs. She further speaks about the range of 40+ Europe tour options and the first ever 31 days Europe tour in India.Europe being a year round destination, Veena Patil guides you in choosing the right season to visit Europe.
Les vendanges en Luberon Côté Sud
A vos sécateurs! Prêt? Partez... Les vendanges sont bel et bien lancées depuis la fin du mois de septembre et dureront jusqu'à la mi-novembre.
Apprenez le métier difficile et passionnant de viticulteur, la technique de ciselage, le sens du mot Terroir. Rencontrez des hommes et des femmes attachés à leur produit et fiers de faire partie de la gastronomie Luberonnaise. Aujourd'hui ce sont près de 50 caves viticoles AOC Luberon, 10 caves coopératives et 1 union de producteurs qui se mobilisent pour perpétuer la magie du vin dans notre région. Le travail est conséquent puisque il faut ramasser 3220 ha de surface...
Alors effectivement pour déguster un bon rosé bien frais (celui-ci se mérite), et le travail commence aujourd'hui!
Retrouvez toutes les caves et domaines viticoles du Luberon Côté Sud sur: luberoncotesud.com
Rencontre inattendue dans le village de Lagnes, dans le Vaucluse.