Cheriton is a town in Northampton County, Virginia, United States. The population was 499 at the 2000 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Cheriton
1. Eyre HallCheriton Eyre Hall is a plantation house located in Northampton, Virginia, close to Cheriton, and owned by the Eyre family since 1668. The property is one of the state's best preserved colonial homes with gardens among the oldest in the United States. The plantation was placed on the National Register on November 12, 1969. It was designated a National Historic Landmark on March 2, 2012. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Yorktown BattlefieldYorktown Yorktown is a census-designated place in York County, Virginia, United States. It is the county seat of York County, one of the eight original shires formed in colonial Virginia in 1682. Yorktown's population was 195 as of the 2010 census, while York County's population was 66,134 in the 2011 census estimate. The town is most famous as the site of the siege and subsequent surrender of General Charles Cornwallis to General George Washington and the French Fleet during the American Revolutionary War on October 19, 1781. Although the war would last for another year, this British defeat at Yorktown effectively ended the war. Yorktown also figured prominently in the American Civil War , serving as a major port to supply both northern and southern towns, depending upon who held Yorktown at the t... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. American Revolution Museum at YorktownYorktown French involvement in the American Revolutionary War began in 1775, when France, a rival of the British Empire, secretly shipped supplies to the Continental Army. A Treaty of Alliance in 1778 soon followed, which led to shipments of money and matériel to the United States. Subsequently, the Spanish Empire and the Dutch Republic also began to send assistance, leaving the British Empire with no allies. France's help is considered a vital and decisive contribution to the United States' victory against the British. As a cost of participation in the war, France accumulated over 1 billion livres in debt. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Cape Charles BeachCape Charles Cape Charles is a town / municipal corporation in Northampton County, Virginia, United States. The population was 1,009 as of the 2010 U.S.Decennial Census. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Colonial ParkwayYorktown Colonial Parkway is a 23-mile scenic parkway linking the three points of Virginia's Historic Triangle, Jamestown, Williamsburg, and Yorktown. It is part of the National Park Service's Colonial National Historical Park. Virginia's official state designation for the parkway is State Route 90003. With portions built between 1930 and 1957, it links the three communities via a roadway shielded from views of commercial development. The roadway is toll-free, is free of semi trucks, and has speed limits of around 35 to 45 mph . As a National Scenic Byway and All-American Road , it is also popular with tourists due to the James River and York River ends of the parkway. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Sunset Beach, Cape Charles, VA
Mostly aerial views of Sunset Beach Resort. KOA Campground and Hotel/Beach Club near Cape Charles, VA
Best watched on smart TV or other large monitor.
Aerial Shot with Yuneec Typhoon H with CGO3+ camera rendered down from 4K to 2k. Ground based video from Panasonic WXF991 and stills from Panasonic Lumix FZ1000
Music credits: music by audionautix.com
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Tune is called MediumRock.mp3
Wild and Wonderful with Alina: Visiting Ice Mountain
Ice Mountain in Hampshire County not only has a plethora of Civil War history but also the mountain attracts visitors to its unique and unusual features.
Urbanna Oyster Festival in Virginia's River Realm
Virginia's Offical Oyster Festival, the first weekend in November-now in its 60th year. Come see this charming small town transformed into the mecca of all things oyster. Fireman's Parade, Oyster Shucking Contest, live music and every style of prepared oysters. 2 days of fun. Free Admission, Pay to Park.
Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (Norfolk, VA) to Charles M Lankford Jr Memorial Highway (Exmore, (...)
Watch in 720p full-screen to view map info. Visit for more info. - Waypoints: 0:10 Wise Point Ln 0:10 Seaside Rd 0:11 Latimers Bluff Rd 0:12 Latimer Siding Rd 0:15 Arlington Rd 0:15 Cedar Grove Dr 0:15 Cape Charles, VA 0:15 Kiptopeke Dr 0:17 Cheriton, VA 0:20 Charles M Lankford Jr Memorial Highway 0:20 Siding Rd 0:20 Sawmill Ln 0:22 Jonathan Landing Ln 0:23 Longs Ln 0:24 Plantation Dr 0:24 Holly Dale Dr 0:29 Country Pl 0:29 Eastern Shore Railroad 0:30 Bayview Cir 0:30 Parsons Cir 0:32 Cherrystone Rd 0:32 Townefield Rd 0:37 Nottingham Ln 0:39 Eastville, VA 0:43 Stumptown Dr 0:53 Martins Siding Ln 0:54 Wilsonia Neck Dr 0:55 Machipongo Dr 0:55 County Road 626 0:55 Machipongo 0:56 Nassawadox, VA 0:57 Parallel Rd 0:57 Smith St 1:02 County Road 699 1:05 Franktown Rd 1:05 Wiggins Ln 1:05 Mill St 1:06 Nassawadox 1:06 Rogers Dr 1:07 Pine Ave 1:07 Silas Ct 1:08 Hare Valley Dr 1:10 Oakland Dr 1:10 Exmore, VA 1:12 Main St 1:13 Hadlock Ln 1:13 Adron St 1:14 McDonald's Visit AboutMyTrip.com to see all videos of my travels across the United States, to purchase a copy of any video frame in high resolution, or to create your own photo/map videos (coming September 2013).
Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (Norfolk, Virginia) to Charles M Lankford Jr Memorial Highway (Exmore, VA) Sep 2012