Christoval is a census-designated place in Tom Green County, Texas, United States. The population was 504 at the 2010 census. It is part of the San Angelo, Texas Metropolitan Statistical Area. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. Caverns of SonoraSonora Texas The Caverns of Sonora, a National Natural Landmark, is a unique cave located 8 miles west of the small city of Sonora, the seat of Sutton County, Texas. It is a world-class cave because of its stunning array of calcite crystal formations, especially helictites. These helictites are found in extreme abundance, often with a rare purity and complexity. One formation is so densely packed with them, it has been dubbed the snake pit. The founder of the National Speleological Society, Bill Stephenson, said of the cave after his first visit: This is the most indescribably beautiful cave in the world, its beauty cannot be exaggerated, not even by a Texan. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. South Llano River State ParkJunction South Grand Prairie High School is a public high school in the city of Grand Prairie, Texas . It is part of the 36-campus Grand Prairie Independent School District. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Fort ChadbourneBronte Fort Chadbourne was a fort established by the United States Army on October 28, 1852, in what is now Coke County, Texas, to protect the western frontier and the Butterfield Overland Mail route. It was named after Lt. T.L. Chadbourne, who was killed in the Battle of Resaca de la Palma. It was manned by Companies A and K of the 8th U.S. Infantry. During the early days of the American Civil War, the fort surrendered to the Confederates on February 28, 1861, even before the Confederate shelling of Fort Sumter, South Carolina, but was reoccupied by federal troops from 1865 to 1867. Other forts in the frontier fort system were Forts Griffin, Concho, Belknap, Richardson, Stockton, Davis, Bliss, Mason, McKavett, Clark, McIntosh, Inge, and Phantom Hill in Texas, and Fort Sill in Oklahoma. Sub posts... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Fort McKavett State Historic SiteFort Mc Kavett Fort Bliss is a United States Army post in the U.S. states of New Mexico and Texas, with its headquarters located in El Paso, Texas. Named in honor of LTC William Bliss , a mathematical genius who was the son-in-law of President Zachary Taylor, Ft. Bliss has an area of about 1,700 square miles ; it is the largest installation in FORSCOM and second-largest in the Army overall . The portion of the post located in El Paso County, Texas, is a census-designated place with a population of 8,591 as of the time of the 2010 census. Fort Bliss provides the largest contiguous tract of restricted airspace in the Continental United States, used for missile and artillery training and testing, and at 992,000 acres boasts the largest maneuver area . The garrison's land area is accounted at 1.12 million ac... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Abilene State ParkTuscola Texas Abilene High School is a public 6A high school located in Abilene, Texas, and is part of the Abilene Independent School District. Abilene High School is the name given to three different schools in the past 150 years. The first Abilene High was an old warehouse. Not long after that, the school was moved to what was the former Lincoln Middle School. In 1955, Abilene High was moved to its current location at N 6th and Mockingbird. Its main rival in sports is Cooper High School. The Abilene High Marching Band is accepted to be the oldest marching band in Texas. In 2011, the school was rated Academically Acceptable by the Texas Education Agency. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Pictures of the Best Western Sonora Inn. This is a photo album of some of my hotel's features. We pride ourselves on serving our visitors and giving you a clean and comfortable stay while visiting our great community of Sonora, TX. We are a great place to stay while exploring the Caverns of Sonora, a National Natural Landmark. Best Western Sonora Inn is closely located to the Sutton County Steakhouse, Pizza Hut, La Mexicana, Dairy Queen, and Sonic. While hear during rodeo season be sure to catch our PBR Sonora Rodeo, but always feel free to visit our growing downtown shops. Come stay in My Best Western and my team will make your stay as comfortable as possible!