Conklin is a town in Broome County, New York, United States. The population was 5,441 at the 2010 census.The town is on the south border of the county, southeast of Binghamton. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. Greek Peak Mountain ResortVirgil Greek Peak Mountain Resort is a ski resort, with a vertical drop of 952 feet , located near Cortland, New York. Greek Peak offers day and night skiing 7 days a week from late December until mid March. This mountain features 55 trails with varied terrain. It also has 6 lifts, 2 magic carpet lifts, and a tubing center with a tubing handle tow. A cross country Nordic center featuring 10 trails is also available. A terrain park with various elements is also located on the mountain along with the Progression Park, which is more suited for people just starting out in the parks. Greek Peak also offers lessons for all ages and every level of skier or boarder. They have babysitting available for non-skiing infants and toddlers as well. Greek Peak is also the home of the ski team Greek Peak Ski Club... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Corning Museum of GlassCorning Corning Incorporated is an American multinational technology company that specializes in specialty glass, ceramics, and related materials and technologies including advanced optics, primarily for industrial and scientific applications. The company was known as Corning Glass Works until 1989, when it changed its name to Corning Incorporated. In 1998, Corning divested itself of its consumer lines by selling the Corning Consumer Products Company subsidiary to Borden, but still holds an interest of about 8 percent. As of 2014, Corning had five major business sectors: display technologies, environmental technologies, life sciences, optical communications, and specialty materials. Corning is involved in two joint ventures: Dow Corning and Pittsburgh Corning. Quest Diagnostics and Covance were sp... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Taughannock Falls State ParkTrumansburg Taughannock Falls State Park is a 750-acre state park located in the Town of Ulysses in Tompkins County, New York in the United States. The park is northwest of Ithaca near Trumansburg. The park's namesake, Taughannock Falls, is a 215-foot plunge waterfall that is the highest single-drop waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Bushkill FallsBushkill Bushkill Falls is a series of eight privately owned waterfalls, the tallest of which cascades over 100 feet , located in Northeast Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains in the United States. Beginning at the headwaters of the Little Bushkill Creek, the water descends the mountain, toward the Delaware River, forming Bushkill Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Bridesmaid Falls, Laurel Glen Falls, Pennell Falls, and three additional, unnamed falls.Bushkill Falls is a popular spot for hiking and birdwatching. The area features a variety of trails and bridges that vary in length and difficulty. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Ricketts Glen State ParkBenton Pennsylvania Ricketts Glen State Park is a Pennsylvania state park on 13,050 acres in Columbia, Luzerne, and Sullivan counties in Pennsylvania in the United States. Ricketts Glen is a National Natural Landmark known for its old-growth forest and 24 named waterfalls along Kitchen Creek, which flows down the Allegheny Front escarpment from the Allegheny Plateau to the Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians. The park is near the borough of Benton on Pennsylvania Route 118 and Pennsylvania Route 487, and is in five townships: Sugarloaf in Columbia County, Fairmount and Ross in Luzerne County, and Colley and Davidson in Sullivan County. Ricketts Glen's land was once home to Native Americans. From 1822 to 1827, a turnpike was built along the course of PA 487 in what is now the park, where two squatters harvested cher... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Visit Orange County, NY!
Orange County, NY is proud to present a new tourism video promoting the many recreational activities and cultural attractions it has to offer. The video, which features Orange County Executive Steven M. Neuhaus, encourages visitors to come stay, come play, come dine in Orange County, New York.
This new video provides us with an exciting way to promote our many attractions and activities. The video captures scenic locations such as West Point and Storm King Art Center better than any other medium.
Production crews spent three days across Orange County, capturing ground and drone footage. Sites featured include Bear Mountain State Park, Storm King Art Center, United States Military Academy at West Point, Brotherhood Winery, and the Newburgh Waterfront, among many others.
Grimes Glen, Naples, NY
Two waterfalls in Grimes Glen, Naples, Ontario County, NY. Note the great fish motif on the bridge at the beginning of the trail. Shot 10/3/13
At The Confluence - Binghamton
1990 video postcard of Binghamton and the Triple Cities by Bob Huckabone of Contemporary Video Productions in Endicott, and Broome County Historian Gerry Smith.. This is an amazing look at the Greater Binghamton area from about a quarter-century ago.
Please check out their website and support this great work by purchasing a higher quality DVD version of this video time capsule.
Thank you Bob Huckabone for permission to share this video.
Haunted at Fright Night Mansion
This adventure vlog I head out to Fright Night Mansion in Auburn, NY. A haunted attraction for charity. I love Halloween and the atmosphere and creativity that goes into these attractions along with the talent of the actors and actresses who work them. I also go on a small date afterwards. Just an overall fun video
Support this channel and more content...
Like me on Facebook
New Music by Wes Derrickson
Arq.Futuro e Insper - A metrópole na encruzilhada
A metrópole na encruzilhada: o futuro de caos ou ordem das megacidades em crescimento
Debate privado ocorrido em 24 de setembro no Insper para convidados sob o tema A metrópole na encruzilhada: o futuro de caos ou ordem das megacidades em crescimento. Os temas discutidos foram a dualidade entre uma política de desenvolvimento urbano voltada para o adensamento das construções ou para a criação de vários polos em zonas periféricas da cidade e a mobilidade. O evento foi aberto por breves apresentações de dois dos então candidatos à prefeitura, Fernando Haddad e José Serra, após as quais teve início o debate, do qual participaram, além de Aravena, o mediador André Corrêa do Lago, Philip Yang, Claudio Haddad, Sérgio Magalhães e Thaddeus Pawlowski.