Dickeyville is a village in Grant County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,061 at the 2010 census. The Dickeyville Grotto is located in the heart of the village. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Dickeyville
1. Dickeyville GrottoDickeyville Dickeyville is a village in Grant County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,061 at the 2010 census. The Dickeyville Grotto is located in the heart of the village. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. Devil's Lake State ParkBaraboo Devil's Lake is an endorheic lake in the South Range of the Baraboo Range, about two miles south of Baraboo, Wisconsin, in Sauk County, Wisconsin, USA. The lake is one of the primary attractions of Devil's Lake State Park. It is also a popular recreation destination for watercraft, fishing, hiking, and climbing. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Taliesin Preservation: Frank Lloyd Wright Visitor CenterSpring Green Taliesin , sometimes known as Taliesin East, Taliesin Spring Green, or Taliesin North after 1937, was the estate of American architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Located 2.5 miles south of the village of Spring Green, Wisconsin, United States, the 600-acre property was developed on land that originally belonged to Wright's maternal family. Wright designed the Taliesin structure two years after leaving his first wife and home in Oak Park, Illinois with a mistress, Mamah Borthwick. The design of the original building was consistent with the design principles of the Prairie School, emulating the flatness of the plains and the natural limestone outcroppings of Wisconsin's Driftless Area. The structure was completed in 1911. Wright rebuilt the Taliesin residential wing in 1914 after a disgruntled empl... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. House on the RockSpring Green The House on the Rock is a tourist attraction located between the cities of Dodgeville and Spring Green, Wisconsin. Opened in 1959, it is a complex of architecturally distinct rooms, streets, gardens, and shops designed by Alex Jordan Jr. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. New Glarus Brewing CompanyNew Glarus The New Glarus Brewing Company is an American brewery founded in 1993. Located in New Glarus, Wisconsin, it is an independently owned craft brewery. New Glarus Brewing Company is the 16th largest craft brewer and 25th largest overall brewing company in the United States. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Circus WorldBaraboo The Circus World Museum is a large museum complex in Baraboo, Wisconsin, devoted to circus-related history. The museum, which features not only circus artifacts and exhibits, but also hosts daily live circus performances throughout the summer, is owned by the Wisconsin Historical Society and operated by the non-profit Circus World Museum Foundation. The museum was the major participant in the Great Circus Parade held from 1963 to 2009. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Cave of the MoundsBlue Mounds Cave of the Mounds, a natural limestone cave located near Blue Mounds, Wisconsin, United States, is named for two nearby hills called the Blue Mounds. It is located in the southern slope of the east hill. The cave's beauty comes from its many varieties of mineral formations called speleothems. The Chicago Academy of Sciences considers the Cave of the Mounds to be the significant cave of the upper Midwest because of its beauty, and it is promoted as the jewel box of major American caves. In 1987, the United States Department of the Interior and the National Park Service designated the cave as a National Natural Landmark. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Wisconsin Trip Part 3
Lost on the back roads of Wisconsin. I have to say it was interesting.
Side Trips From Chicago to Wisconsin States 06/2009
Started the sidetrips from Chicago by boarding the Spirit of Chicago at the Navy Pier for a lunch cruise of Lake Michigan on a beautiful,sunny day; continued to Dickeyville,Wisconsin to see the GROTTO and
Shrines erected in the quaint village of Dickeyville, at the Holy Ghost Catholic Parish grounds; created by Fr.Mathias Wernerus. His creations & handiworks in different shapes & colored stones; mortars; bight colored objects; gems and antiques was built from 1925 t0 1930. Next, we went to the House on the Rocks at Spring Greens,WI. for a 4 hour self guided tour to the ultimate experience of the awesome place. The following day went to the newly constructed shrine of our Lady of Guadalupe just opened for summer at LaCrosse,WI.;quite similar to the shrine in Mexico .