Durand is a city in Shiawassee County of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 3,446 at the 2010 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Durand
1. Gilmore Car MuseumHickory Corners The Gilmore Car Museum is located in Hickory Corners in the U.S. state of Michigan, and houses one of Michigan's largest collections of classic and vintage automobiles. Over 300 vintage and collector vehicles and motorcycles from all eras are on display in over a dozen vintage buildings located on 90 acres .Exhibits range from the early cars of the 1890s, to the Duesenbergs, Auburn Automobile, and classics of the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s, as well as automobiles built in the Other Motor City - Kalamazoo. Also on display is a vintage Franklin dealership and the largest gallery ever dedicated to the Model A Ford. Featured are the Dust Bowl and Great Migration vehicles of the 1920s and 1930s, a Tucker 48, vintage pedal cars, Motorcycles, Hood Ornaments, Bicycles, Checker Taxi, including the act... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Frankenmuth River Place ShopsFrankenmuth Frankenmuth is a city in Saginaw County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 4,944 at the 2010 census. The city is located within Frankenmuth Township survey area. Bronner's Christmas Wonderland, which bills itself as the World's Largest Christmas Store, is located in Frankenmuth. The city's name is a combination of two words. Franken represents the Province of Franconia in the Kingdom of Bavaria where the original settlers were from. The German word Mut means courage; thus, the name Frankenmuth means courage of the Franconians. The most popular nickname is Little Bavaria, but the city is also nicknamed Muth. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Birch Run Premium OutletsBirch Run Birch Run Premium Outlets is an outlet mall in Birch Run, Michigan. The largest outlet mall in the Midwestern United States, it opened in 1986. It is managed by Premium Outlets, a division of Simon Property Group. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Dow GardensMidland Michigan Dow Gardens is a 110-acre botanical garden located at 1809 Eastman Avenue, Midland, Michigan, United States. It is open to the public, and currently contains over 1700 varieties of plants hardy in mid-Michigan. The main entrance has geographical coordinates of 43.623378°N 84.249612°W / 43.623378; -84.249612. The Dow Gardens were started in 1899 by Herbert Dow, founder of The Dow Chemical Company, and gardener Elzie Côte, on eight acres of flat, sandy land. The Herbert H. Dow House is located at the southwest corner of the gardens. The Alden Dow House and Studio are on the west side of the gardens, separated by a pond. Subsequent generations of the Dow family have continued to develop the gardens. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Durand Union Station - Michigan Railroad History MuseumDurand Michigan Durand Union Station is a historic train station in Durand, Michigan. The station, which now serves Amtrak Blue Water trains, was originally a busy Grand Trunk Western Railroad and Ann Arbor Railroad station, as well as a local office for Grand Trunk Western, from its construction in 1903 until 1974. It is currently owned by the city of Durand and leased by Durand Union Station, Inc. a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation, restoration, and maintenance of the building and its surrounding property. The building also houses three small railroad history museums: the Michigan Railroad History Museum , the Grand Trunk Western Railroad Museum, and the Ann Arbor Railroad History Museum. Also in the building is the model railroad club the Durand Union Station Model Railroad Engineer... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
My recent vacations
Small video about my big journey at september 2009. I was travelled through the united states from east to west. Just in 14 days visited: New York, Washington, Boston, Niagara Falls, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Denver, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Death Valley, San Francisco, Santa Cruz and Los Angeles. Actually I even didn't have a camcoder and all of these videos are made by Canon IXUS camera. Had some troubles while editing video, so I guess it isn't final version.