Eldersburg is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Carroll County, Maryland, United States. The population was 30,531 at the 2010 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Antietam National BattlefieldSharpsburg Antietam National Battlefield is a National Park Service protected area along Antietam Creek in Sharpsburg, Washington County, northwestern Maryland. It commemorates the American Civil War Battle of Antietam that occurred on September 17, 1862. The area, situated on fields among the Appalachian foothills near the Potomac River, features the battlefield site and visitor center, a national military cemetery, stone arch Burnside's Bridge and a field hospital museum. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Harpers Ferry National Historical ParkHarpers Ferry John Brown's raid on Harpers Ferry was an effort by armed abolitionist John Brown to initiate an armed slave revolt in 1859 by taking over a United States arsenal at Harpers Ferry, Virginia. Brown's party of 22 was defeated by a company of U.S. Marines, led by First Lieutenant Israel Greene. Colonel Robert E. Lee was in overall command of the operation to retake the arsenal. John Brown had originally asked Harriet Tubman and Frederick Douglass, both of whom he had met in his transformative years as an abolitionist in Springfield, Massachusetts, to join him in his raid, but Tubman was prevented by illness and Douglass declined, as he believed Brown's plan would fail. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Longwood GardensKennett Square Longwood Gardens is an American botanical garden. It consists of over 1,077 acres of gardens, woodlands, and meadows in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, United States in the Brandywine Creek Valley. It is one of the premier horticultural display gardens in the United States and is open to visitors year-round to enjoy exotic plants and horticulture , events and performances, seasonal and themed attractions, as well as educational lectures, courses, and workshops. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. National Museum of the Marine CorpsTriangle The National Museum of the Marine Corps is the historical museum of the United States Marine Corps. Located in Triangle, Virginia near MCB Quantico, the museum opened on November 10, 2006, and is now one of the top tourist attractions in the state, drawing over 500,000 people annually.In July 2013, the museum announced plans for a major expansion, to include sections on more modern Marine Corps history, such as the 1983 Beirut barracks bombing, a combat art gallery, and a war on terror gallery. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Hollywood Casino at Charles Town RacesCharles Town Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races is a race track and casino just outside the eastern city limits of Charles Town, West Virginia, owned by Gaming and Leisure Properties and operated by Penn National Gaming. It features a six furlong thoroughbred horse racing facility that is home of the West Virginia Breeders' Classic. It is one of the busiest thoroughbred tracks in the country with over 240 racing dates scheduled for 2012. It generally runs a 5 days a week schedule . It also contains over 3,000 slot machines, and table games. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. Chesapeake Bay Maritime MuseumSt Michaels The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum is located in St. Michaels, Maryland, United States and is home to a collection of Chesapeake Bay artifacts, exhibitions, and vessels. This 18-acre interactive museum was founded in 1965 on Navy Point, once a site of seafood packing houses, docks, and work boats. Today, the Museum houses the world's largest collection of Chesapeake Bay boats and provides interactive exhibits in and around the 35 buildings which dot the campus. The Museum also offers year-round educational seminars and workshops. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Abandoned Springfield Hospital Center 1 - Going inside the main building
Jesus, it seems like I can't even go out for five minutes without running into more abandoned buildings. I wasn't even looking for this one.
Anyway, this is part of a big campus, part of which is still occupied.
train grind tracks down in sykesville maryland
sykesville maryland train grinding tracks down
Annapolis Maryland Port
This is a view across the Port of Annapolis Maryland.