Top 10 Snowiest Cities on Earth
10. Buffalo: Located just east of Lake Erie, which borders the winter wonderland known as Canada, Buffalo experiences more snow than most major Canadian cities, which tend to be known for long, snowy winters. Buffalo residents also experience increased production of snow due to the meteorological pattern known as “lake-effect snow”, which drastically increases overall snowfall.
9. Rochester: located fairly close to Canada, south of Lake Ontario, Rochester deals with large amounts of lake-effect snow that occasionally leads to blizzards. Sustained winds that exceeded 60 mph battered the regions, blowing snow from the lake. Snow drifts of up to 30 feet accumulated in some areas.
8. Akita: Home of Akita Castle, a fortification built around 733 A.D., Akita has a population of more than 320,000 residents. It achieved the designation of a “core city” of Japan in 1997. The first two months of the year tend to dump the most snow on the people of Akita, with an average of 54.3 inches in January and 42.5 inches in February – over 90% of its average annual snowfall.
7. Saguenay: Saguenay is located about 120 miles north of Quebec City, capital of the province of Quebec. Formed through a merger of four smaller cities – La Baie, Laterriere, Chicoutimi and Jonquiere – Saguenay has a population of more than 144,000 Francophones living close to the Saguenay River and Lac Saint-Jean.
6. Syracuse: Syracuse is located in the state of New York, situated close to a lake – in this case both Lake Ontario and Onondaga Lake. Metropolitan Syracuse has a population of more than 144,000 in the city with more than 662,000 people living in the surrounding metropolitan region.
5. Quebec City: The second biggest city in the province of Quebec, Quebec City is one of the oldest cities in North America and features some of the most beautiful architecture and culture inspired by the city’s French and European roots.. Quebec celebrates the winter with the annual Quebec Winter Carnival. This year marks the carnival’s 60th anniversary.
4. St. John’s: St. John’s is located in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador and receives the most snow on average than any major Canadian city. This city is believed to be the oldest in North America and sprung from some of the first wave of settlements from European interlopers.
3. Toyama: This area of Japan receives so much snow on an annual basis that that the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route – Yuki no Otani – features giant walls of snow on both sides that tower over all drivers, completely blocking the view. Toyama is the capital of the Toyay Prefecture and is home to over 417,000 residents.
2. Sapporo: Sapporo is the largest city on this list, with a population of nearly 2 million. The fourth biggest city in Japan is the second snowiest on earth, with nearly 17 feet of snow per year on average. Similar to Quebec City, Sapporo puts on an annual festival, known as the Sapporo Snow Festival, welcoming about two million tourists during the event.
1. Aomori City: By far the snowiest city on earth is Aomori City in Aomori Prefecture, Japan. This location averages a whopping 26 feet of snow per year, more than a 100 inches more than Sapporo, the next snowiest city. The reason Aomori City receives an incredible amount of snow is its location in high elevation among the Hakkoda Mountains, Aomori Bay and Mutsu Bay, combining cold northern air with snow production aided by adjacent bodies of water.
IMAGE SOURCE: GOOGLE SEARCH
A True US Roadtrip: Roundtrip from North Carolina to Cali
This 11 minute tour of the United States from 'coast to coast' is a compilation of video footage recorded during a cross-country road trip from May 13, 2012 - June 13, 2012. The total miles driven were 8631, including a total of 19 states (listed below). ALL footage is 100% ORIGINAL, taken with a Canon PowerShot SX30 IS and Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS. I am not a professional photographer, director, or movie editor; just a guy with his girlfriend and a camera who explored this beautiful country during one incredible summer month. The videos were intentionally shot from a first-person perspective, and I hope that you can see the culture shine through the places that we visited.
Places/Cities/Points of interest featured (in order of appearance starting at 1:16):
- Churchill Downs/Kentucky Derby
- Louisville Slugger Factory (Louisville, Kentucky)
- St. Louis, Missouri/St. Louis Arch footage
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Kansas footage
- Denver, Colorado (16th Street promenade)
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Northern Colorado footage
- Northern Utah footage
- Arches National Park (Utah)
- Salt Lake City, Utah/Great Salt Lake footage
- Northern Nevada Footage
- Northern California footage
- Napa Valley, California
- Muir Woods Forest
- San Francisco, California footage
- Ghirardelli Factory & Store (San Francisco)
- Lombard Street (San Francisco)
- Boudin Sourdough Bakery and Store (San Francisco)
- Pier 39 (San Francisco)
- Painted Ladies (San Francisco)
- Golden Gate Bridge (San Francisco)
- San Francisco Chinatown
- Highway 1 South from San Francisco to Los Angeles
- Piedras Beach (seals footage)
- Malibu, California footage
- Santa Barbara, California footage
- Santa Monica Pier
- Venice Beach, California footage
- Los Angeles, California footage
- Hollywood, California footage
- Bel Air, California footage
- Hollywood Sign from Mount Lee
- Bellagio Hotel and Casino (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- The Venetian Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas)
- Las Vegas Boulevard from atop Paris Hotel tower
- Roller coaster at New York New York Resort and Casino (Las Vegas)
- Arizona footage
- Hoover Dam
- Grand Canyon National Park South Rim
- Southern Utah footage
- Mexican Hat rock monument (Southern Utah)
- Four Corners National Monument
- New Mexico Footage
- Mesa Verde (Southern Colorado)
- San Juan National Forest and Campground (Southern Colorado)
- New Mexico/Texas Footage
- Dallas Cowboys Stadium (Arlington, Texas)
- Dallas, Texas footage
- Southern Junction Restaurant (Rockwall, Texas)
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Sanctuary (near Dallas, Texas)
- The Alamo (San Antonio, Texas)
- San Antonio, Texas Riverwalk
- Johnson Space Center (Houston, Texas)
- New Orleans, Louisiana footage
- Cafe Du' Monde (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Bourbon Street (New Orleans
- Fritzel's Jazz Bar (New Orleans)
- Tootsie's Bar (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel (Nashville)
- Grand Ole' Opry ft: Luke Bryan (Nashville)
- Blue Ridge Parkway (Asheville, North Carolina)
Also, the great songs used in this video deserve some credit (in the order below):
1.) The Who - baba o' riley (Teenage Wasteland)
2.) Marlena Shaw - California Soul
3.) Joe Purdy - I Love the Rain the Most
Arkansas Parks & Tourism | Masterpiece :30
2012 TV Commercial produced for Arkansas Parks & Tourism by Jones Film Video and CJRW.
Botanic Gardens Holiday Display Washington DC 4K
Visiting Washington DC in December must include a family tour of the US Botanic Garden which is one of the Top 10 things to do in DC over the holidays. So why visit a tropical enclosure when on is thinking about Christmas, snow and other winter holiday celebrations at this time of year. Model trains and plant based models of famous landmarks in DC and around the country is one reason. Trains and the winter holiday are a natural because who doesn't want to remember a classic Lionel train go around a holiday tree.
In this video we capture some of the 2017 Botanic Garden exhibit featuring a road trip around the USA. Thomas the train and many others make their debut on the tracks as one explores landmarks along the famous Route 66, Niagara Falls and other landmark destinations from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean.
The exhibit include many models that are made from plant materials. This years exhibit includes materials such as coriander seeds, willow sticks, pine cone scales and over 70 more plant materials in the construction of structures like the Smithsonian Castle and US Capitol building.
This is one of the best family attractions in the DC area over the holidays so when you are planning that visit to the US Air and Space Museum travel two blocks down and see this holiday spectacular in DC. Other attractions to visit over the Christmas holidays in Washington DC include - Christmas tree display (all 50 states), US Capitol, DC Wharf for ice skating to just name a few.
This video was created using only handheld iPhone 6splus and iPhone 7 devices. It was composed using Adobe Premiere and published in 4K resolution.
If you enjoyed the video give us a thumbs up. For the best in travel videos subscribe here and also visit our collection of 100s from around the world at SomedayTrips.com
48 Hrs in Nashville | Local Adventurer
More Details on the Blog:
Special thanks to Logitech and their ZeroTouch app for making this trip possible! #ZeroTouchOpenRoad
READ OUR BLOG:
INSTAGRAM: estherjulee | jacobthefu
TWITTER: @estherjulee | @jacobthefu
SNAPCHAT: estherjulee | jacobthefu
FOR BUSINESS INQUIRIES firstname.lastname@example.org
The Resort at Schlitterbahn - New Braunfels Hotels, Texas
The Resort at Schlitterbahn 3 Stars New Braunfels Hotels, Texas Within US Travel Directory Located in New Braunfels within the Schlitterbahn Waterpark, The Resort at Schlitterbahn offers free WiFi and a hot tub.Rooms, suites, and apartment lofts are available at The Resort at Schlitterbahn and include a microwave, refrigerator, and cable TV. The Treehaus bungalows offer tree-top views of the Comal River.The Schlitterbahn Resort offers a launderette, 24-hour front desk, and business centre for guests’ convenience.
A number of restaurants and shops within the waterpark are located near this resort.In the surroundings, guests can golf at Landa Park Golf Course, which is just 3 minutes’ drive away. Interstate 35 is within 10 minutes’ drive of The Schlitterbahn Resort, and San Antonio is 39 minutes' drive away.
Hotel Location :
The Resort at Schlitterbahn, 305 West Austin Street, TX 78130, USA
Booking Now :
Hotels list and More information visit U.S. Travel Directory
► Facebook :
Holiday Inn Opryland Nashville, Tennessee
Hotel and Resort photography & video by PhotoWeb (photowebusa.com)
Just six miles from downtown Nashville, Tennessee this airport hotel's location is easily one of the best in the area. Guests will find themselves minutes away from popular area restaurants, businesses, and attractions namely the famous Opryland. This hotel in Nashville is only a short drive from Vanderbilt University, as well, ideal for those on college visits.
Hotels in Nashville, Tennessee are many but few provide leisure travelers with such close proximity to popular Nashville attractions like the historic Grand Ole Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame and the Tennessee State Fairgrounds. Other area favorites include Ryman Auditorium, Music Row, and Nashville Shores Waterpark.
Business travelers also appreciate this Nashville, Tennessee airport hotel's convenient location. Two miles from the airport, seven miles from the Nashville Convention Center, and six miles from downtown businesses our Opryland hotel Nashville sells itself as the quality choice for area lodging. Meeting space, business services, and A/V rentals are also available.
No matter the reason for your trip, Holiday Inn® Opryland ensures that you get the most out of your stay in Nashville, Tennessee. Our airport hotel's amenities include an indoor pool, sauna, whirlpool, Fitness Center, Business Center, and hotel-wide free Wi-Fi access. Make your reservation today and take advantage of all that Nashville has to offer!
Hotel and Resort photography & video by PhotoWeb (photowebusa.com). PhotoWeb's Virtual Tours, videos, Digital Stills & Worldwide Distribution allow clients to put their most powerful media where the booking decisions are being made. With superior technology and the highest quality custom content available, viewers are guaranteed to be impressed. Photo Web has been providing cutting edge imaging services since 1996. With offices in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, India, and Colombia, PhotoWeb provides services worldwide. For further information, please contact email@example.com or tel: 614-882-3499.
Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine - Grapevine Hotels, Texas
Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine 3 Stars Grapevine Hotels, Texas Within US Travel Directory This completely non-smoking Grapevine, Texas hotel provides free shuttle service to and from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport along with an on-site restaurant and in-room microwaves and mini-refrigerators.More about the propertyStart the day at the Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine with breakfast from the on-site Great American Grill restaurant or enjoy a workout in the state-of-the-art fitness centre. Relax in the indoor pool or take advantage of in-room MP3 compatible radios and flat-screen TVs.In and around the areaNumerous shops, restaurants and entertainment options are available only minutes from the DFW North Grapevine Hilton Garden Inn. Six Flags Over Texas amusement park and Dallas city centre are only a short drive away.
Hotel Location :
Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine, 205 West State Highway 114, TX 76051, USA
Hotels list and More information visit U.S. Travel Directory
► Facebook :
SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport in Nashville TN
Prices: . . .. .. ... . . . . . . . . . SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport 1100 Airport Center Drive Nashville TN 37214 This hotel is 17.4 miles from Nashville city center and provides a free shuttle service to the Nashville International Airport, which is 1.5 miles away. A free breakfast buffet and free Wi-Fi are provided. A microwave, small refrigerator, and spacious work desk are provided in each suite at the Nashville SpringHill. Extras include towels and linen. Recreational facilities at the SpringHill Suites Nashville Airport include an indoor swimming pool. A fitness center and full-service business center are also available. The Grand Ole Opry is within a 10-minute drive of the SpringHill Suites. The Tennessee State Museum is a 15-minute drive away.
The Wildwood Hotel in Wildwood MO
Reservations: . . .. .. ... . . . . . . .. .. .. The Wildwood Hotel 2801 Fountain Place Wildwood MO 63040 Featuring an indoor pool, this Wildwood, Missouri hotel is a 12-minute drive from Hidden Valley Ski Resort. Each guest room comes equipped with a 32-inch flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Free Wi-Fi is provided in every room at The Wildwood Hotel. Guests can enjoy the convenience of in-room tea and coffee-making facilities and a private bathroom. A daily continental breakfast is served at Hotel Wildwood, and free coffee is available in the lobby. Guests can work out in the on-site fitness center. Free garage parking is available. Six Flags St. Louis is 10 miles from this hotel. Downtown St. Louis, Missouri can be reached in a 38-minute drive.