23 Things To Do In Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) Vietnam
►Read 23 Things to do in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam:
When I was in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), along with eating as much Vietnamese food as I could, one of my goals was to film a travel video about some of the best things to do in Saigon. After putting together a complete list, it turned out to be 23, and I hope this list of attractions will help and inspire you to visit Vietnam’s largest and most exciting city.
1. Binh Tay Market - Binh Tay Market is one of the largest wholesale distribution markets, and a perfect place to go if you’re looking to go shopping in Ho Chi Minh City.
2. Thien Hau Temple (Pagoda) - Located in Chinatown, in District 5, the temple is dedicated to Thien Hau and I really loved the sculptures and the elaborate design of the temple.
3. Museum of Ho Chi Minh City - This museum offers a glimpse into the history and development of the city and Vietnam.
4. Bitexco Financial Tower - This is the tallest building in Saigon, and you can either go to the Skydeck or a cafe at the top for a view of the city.
5. Independence Palace (Reunification Palace) - Probably one of the most well known tourism things to do in Saigon is to visit the Independence Palace, the the former home of the president of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War.
6. Saigon Cathedral of Notre Dame - With the French influence in Vietnam, the Notre Dame cathedral is a beautiful Catholic church. Attend a service or just visit.
7. Central Post Office - Designed by Gustave Eiffel, the Central Post Office in Ho Chi Minh City is an attraction mainly for its design and architecture. It’s a beautiful building.
8. War Remnants Museum - Although this is not one of the happiest attractions in Saigon, it’s a place to remember and honor the horrible events that are a result of a war.
9. Opera House - Right in Dong Khoi area, and there are still opera shows available.
10. Dong Khoi Street - This is the height of high end shopping in Saigon.
11. Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens - The zoo itself is not too great, but the beauty of the Saigon zoo is the botanical gardens, and the lush gardens, and taking a break from the city.
12. FITO Museum (Museum of Traditional Vietnamese Medicine) - I was quite impressed by the Vietnamese medicine private museum - very interactive and educational.
13. San Art Laboratory – If you love modern art, the San Art Laboratory is a great place to see and visit in Saigon.
14. Turtle Lake at Night - If you’re looking for some things to do at night in Saigon, head to Turtle Lake to chill out, relax, hang out with friends, and eat snacks.
15. Ben Thanh Market - One of the most famous things to do in Saigon District 1 is visit the Ben Thanh Market, one of the major central landmarks of the city.
16. Phu My Hung and Starlight Bridge - Located outside of central Ho Chi Minh City, Phu My Hung is a modern development, and a great place to walk around.
17. Water Puppet Show - Though originally from the north of Vietnam, water puppet shows are popular also in Saigon. I went to the Golden Dragon Water Puppet theater.
18. Museum of Vietnamese History - Probably one of the most extensive and important museum showing the history of Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City.
19. Rooftop Bar - Seeing Saigon from above offers a great perspective.
20. Fine Arts Museum - This was my favorite of all the museums in Saigon. The museum is housed in a well preserved building, and the art is amazing - located right in District 1 across the roundabout from Ben Thanh Market.
21. Jade Emperor Pagoda - Dedicated to the Jade Emperor, the pagoda has a real ancient feel to it, and it’s worth seeing when you visit.
22. Local Wet Market - One of my favorite things to do is visit a local fresh wet market, which you’ll find all over the city. The ingredients, food, and culture, all stand out at fresh markets.
23. Vietnamese Street Food - By my ultimate favorite activity in Saigon is eating street food, and there are an abundance of delicious Vietnamese street foods to sample.
Thank you for watching this video about the top 23 things to do in Saigon, Vietnam. I hope it has given you some great ideas to help you plan your visit.
Music in this video is from Audio Network
Filmed and created by Mark Wiens and Ying Wiens: & &
Make a donation:
►Get your FREE Saigon eBook:
Top 10 Places To Visit In Ho Chi Minh City in 2019 - Things to do in Saigon
Top things to do in Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City 2019
Ho Chi Minh City is the largest city in Vietnam. It has long been known as the Pearl of the Far East not only because of its prosperity but also by the harmony of natural beauty, and there are many places to visit. Here are top 10 places to visit in Ho Chi Minh City in 2019.
10 Best Places To Visit In Vietnam | 2018
► Please Remember to Subscribe! ►
► Follow me on Twitter:
►Credit: Dag Eriksen
Best Places To Visit In Vietnam.
Vietnam is filled with captivating natural beauty, amazing archaeological wonders and delicious cuisine too. Discover tradition and history in Vietnam’s charming rural villages, and see the dynamic new face of Asia in the hubbub of its thriving cities. With so many amazing places to see it's hard to choose which are the essential must-sees. To help you make this tricky decision, we've listed our top 10.
Ho Chi Minh City
The Mekong Delta
Con Dao Island
Wings by Nicolai Heidlas Music
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0
Music provided by Music for Creators
This video is fair use under U.S. copyright law because it is noncommercial and transformative in nature, uses no more of the original than necessary, and has no negative effect on the market for the original work.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. I DO NOT OWN ANY COPYRIGHTS. All rights goes to their respective owners No copyright infringement intended.
If you have any issue with the content used in my channel or you find something that belongs to you, before you claim it to youtube, please SEND ME A MESSAGE and i will DELETE it right away. Thanks for understanding.
Thanks for watching!
Top 10 Places to Visit in Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City (commonly known as Saigon) is a city in southern Vietnam famous for the pivotal role it played in the Vietnam War. It's also known for its French colonial landmarks, including Notre-Dame Cathedral, made entirely of materials imported from France, and the 19th-century Central Post Office. Food stalls line the city’s streets, especially around bustling Bến Thành Market.
Area codes: 8 (until 16 Jul 2017); 28 (from 17 Jun 2017)
Local time: Thursday, 5:44 AM
Weather: 21°C, Wind N at 13 km/h, 74% Humidity
Population: 8.426 million (2016)
Top 10 Best Places to Visit in Vietnam
10 Best Places to Visit in Vietnam
8 Hồ Chí Minh City
7 Mekong Delta
6 Nha Trang
1 Ha Long Bay
10 Best Places to Visit in Vietnam - Travel Video
A long, narrow country squeezed in between the South China Sea and the Laos and Cambodia borders, Vietnam is a land of striking landscapes. Ranging from the lush rice terraces and forested mountains in the north to the picturesque valleys of the Central Highlands and the fertile delta and beautiful beaches of the south. Included in the mix are booming cities, colonial towns, traditional villages and otherworldly islands. Here’s a look at the best places to visit in Vietnam.
10 Best Places to Visit in Vietnam
Vietnam is a Southeast Asian country on the South China Sea known for its beaches, rivers, Buddhist pagodas and bustling cities. Hanoi, the capital, pays homage to the nation’s iconic Communist-era leader, Ho Chi Minh, via a huge marble mausoleum. Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) has French colonial landmarks, plus Vietnamese War history museums and the Củ Chi tunnels, used by Viet Cong soldiers.
Dialing code: +84
Currency: Vietnamese dong
Date format: dd/mm/yyyy
Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City for 2-3 Days
There's SO much to do in Ho Chi Minh City it can be overwhelming. Well, I've been a few times now and here are my favourites – including the Ben Thanh Market, the Notre Dame Cathedral and the best food suggestions too.
Vietnam: Top 10 must visit places in Vietnam
TOP 10 PLACES TO VISIT IN VIETNAM:
1. Ha Long bay
2. Nha Trang bay
3. Phu Quoc island
4. Son Doong cave
5. Hoi An ancient town
6. Hue ancient citadel
8. Trang An
9. Hanoi capital
10. Ho Chi Minh city
► Subcribe NOW for more great videos:
► Please hit LIKE and COMMENT your next wanted video
Top 5 shopping spots in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!
Here are our 5 top recommendations for shopping in Vietnam, from shoes and all kind of clothes, to paintings, nuts, coffee, teas and antiques. Happy Shopping!
For more information about our tours, please visit our website
here are the top 5 spots
_Dried foods, Fabrics and souvenirs: Binh Tay & An Dong Market,
_Clothes, Handbags: Nguyen Trai Street, Saigon Square(s),
_Shoes: Luu Van Lang Street,
_Paintings: Tran Phu Street,
_Antiques: Le Cong Kieu Street.