10 Best and Beautiful Places to Visit at Shigar Valley, Skardu Baltistan
Are you planning to visit Shigar valley?
The most beautiful landscape in Gilgit Baltistan North of Pakistan. Are you still confuse where to visit first and when to start your tour? Then you have come to right place.
Find a detailed post at In this post, we will share you, ten most beautiful places in Shigar Valley to make your tour memorable and your travel to Shigar Valley more comfortable and exciting. Here you can find the best tourist destination in Shigar Valley. The places are arranged in ascending order to route distance from Skardu city rather than popularity. Let’s enjoy this post and plan a better trip to hunt exciting and unforgettable memories at most the beautiful places of Shigar Valley.
1. The Shigar View Point
2. The Blind Lake Shigar
3. The River of Shigar
4. The Shigar Fort
5. The Ambrique Mosque Shigar
6. Hashupi Bagh Shigar
7. Baltoro Glaciers
8. K2 Base Camp
9. The K2 Mountain
10. Hisper, Hoo Valley
Ten Beautiful Tourist Destinations and wonderful Places to Visit at Skardu City
Ten Beautiful Tourist Destinations and wonderful Places to Visit at Skardu City.
Note: All these places are within 10 km of Skardu city. Other beautiful places which are farther away from 10 km will be covered in next video.
Read more: Top Ten Most Beautiful Places and Tourist Destination to Visit at Skardu City.
If you want to see heaven on earth, Heavens open their doors right here. Come – Experience this place.
You must be planning to visit beautiful Gilgit Baltistan to see amazing and wonderful natural places here. There are many tourist destinations and spots in GB. This video will cover top ten famous places within Skardu city you can visit. Other tourist spots in Baltistan region will be covered in next video soon.
Here are the top ten tourist places at Skardu city:
1. 0:05 Sadpara Lake, an amazing fresh water lake in Skardu Baltistan.
2. 0:31 Cold Desert Skardu, World highest cold desert.
3. 1:11 Katpana Village Skardu.
4. 1:37 Kharfacho Fort Skadu, The king of Forts in Baltistan.
5. 2:05 Manthal Buddha Rocks, An 8th century Buddha relief at Skardu City.
6. 2:27 Khosho Chumick Skardu Baltistan.
7. 2:46 Skardu Airport
8. 3:06 Shaheen Polo Ground, a ground to enjoy the game of polo, the game of kings.
9. 3:22 The Bank of Indus river Skardu Baltistan and Chumik Area.
10. 3:32 Hargisa Stream ( Nala) Skardu Baltistan.
Thanks for watching.
Find more tourist destinations in Gilgit Baltistan at
Top 5 Most Beautiful Places in Gilgit Baltistan Pakistan
Gilgit Baltistan is located in Northern Pakistan.
Here is full article:
Beautiful Skardu , Gilgit Baltistan | Top Tourist Destinations | Timelapse
Watch an amazing time-lapse video of Skardu Pakistan.
Video recorded at the following tourist spots in Skardu Baltistan. Enjoy a visual tour of these amazing places, and plan your visit for this summer.
1. Skardu in Spring Season.
2. Deosai Plains
3. Sheosar Lake
4. Sadpara Village
5. Manthokha waterfall
6. Shigar Fort Residence
7. Upper Kachura lake
8. Shigar Valley
Pakistan Tourist Attractions: 15 Top Places to Visit
Planning to visit Pakistan? Check out our Pakistan Travel Guide video and see top most Tourist Attractions in Pakistan.
Top Places to visit in Pakistan:
Badshahi Mosque, Lahore Fort, Faisal Mosque, Mazar-e-Quaid, Shalimar Gardens, PAF Museum, Lahore Museum, Frere Hall, Mohenjo-daro, Wazir Khan Mosque, Mohatta Palace, Rawal lake, Lok Virsa Museum, Minar-e-Pakistan, Clifton Beach
Visit our Website:
Khaplu A wonderful Place to Visit in Gilgit Baltistan.
Khaplu is a very beautiful and scenic place in Gilgit Baltistan, Northen areas of Pakistan. Khaplu has many picnic spots and tourist points. Khaplu is also rich in cultural places and spots as well. If you are planning a visit this summer in Gilgit Baltistan, you must not miss an adventurous tour to Khaplu district of Gilgit Baltistan. Khaplu is famous for its cultural beauty, natural feel, and diverse tradition.
Gilgit-Baltistan's Ghanche district stands almost aloof with its beautiful valleys and settlements inhabited by the most hospitable locals and river irrigated lands.
The central location in the district is Khaplu, which is a beautiful landscape with high summits, flowing blue waters and waterfalls.
The people of this small settlement on the bank of River Shyok, are warm and loving, as they were centuries before, when travelers, wandering through Yarkand and Saltoro, first arrived here.
As soon as one leaves Skardu, a narrow, paved road with poplar trees lined up on both sides provides a soothing shade for the travelers as they make their way through small specks of sunlight filtering through the leaves; casting shadows on the darkened road, leaving an aesthete spellbound.
This post is to feature Qammer Wazir's Photography album Khaplu - The Ultimate Love
As he says:-
Khaplu is indeed one of the most beautiful and peaceful places on the surface of Earth. This place is rich in every single aspect of nature. Every season here is attractive in its own way. Its definitely a must-visit-place-before-you-die. Kindly share it with your friends :)
Find more at
Khaplu Palace, Pakistan
In this video Jonny shows us his room and the beautiful palace that make up what is arguably Northern Pakistan's most wonderful hotel
5 Most Beautiful Places To Visit in Gilgit Baltistan
5 Most Beautiful Places To Visit in Gilgit Baltistan
Fairy Meadow Read More at
Top 10 Most Famous Castles In Pakistan
10. Altit Fort: Located in Karimabad in the Hunza valley in Gilgit Baltistan, Altit Fort was originally home to the hereditary rulers of the Hunza state who carried the title Mir. It’s believed that, the fort is around 900 years old, which makes it the oldest monument in the Gilgit–Baltistan.
9. Sadiq Garh Palace: Situated in Dera Nawab Sahib, Bahawalpur District in Punjab province. The palace was established in 1882 by the King of Bahawalpur, Nawab Sadiq Muhammad Khan (IV). It took ten years to complete with a cost of fifteen lac, under the supervision of expert engineers.
8. Rohtas Fort: Built by king Sher Shah Suri, between 1540 and 1547 AD. It is located in Dina town, near the city of Jhelum. The fort was built to crush the local tribes of Potohar called Gakhars. It took 8 years to complete with a force of up to 30,000 men. The fort is irregular in shape, 5.2 km in circumference. It was later used by Mughal emperor Akbar and Sikhs.
7. Red Fort Muzaffarabad: Red fort also known as Muzaffarabad fort is situated alongside Neelum river, in Muzaffarabad district, Kashmir. It is said that construction of the Fort was initially taken up by the Chuk rulers, however it was completed by Sultan Muzaffar Khan the founder of Muzaffarabad city during 1646. The fort lost its importance during the Mughal rule in Kashmir.
6. Derawar Fort: Derawar Fort is located 48 Km from Dera Nawab Sahib, Bahawalpur. It is one of the largest square fortress in Pakistan. The walls stand up to thirty metres high, have a circumference of 1500 metres. It was built by Hindu Rajput, Rai Jajja Bhati of Jaisalmer. It remained in the residence of the royal family of Jaisalmer until captured by the Nawabs of Bahawalpur in 1733.
5. Faiz Mahal: The Faiz Mahal is one of the glorious architectural assets of Pakistan, situated in Khairpur District in the Sindh province. It was built by the imperial family of Kahirpur, the Talpur Mirs in 1798.
4. Bala Hissar Castle: In the early nineteenth century Bala Hissar was the residence of Afghan kings. The name Bala Hissar was given by the Pashtun King Timur Shah Durrani, who used the fort as the winter capital of the Afghan Durrani Empire. The Sikh empire who conquered Peshawar in the Battle of Nowshera in early 1823, named it Samir Garh but the name did not become popular.
3. Ranikot Fort: Ranikot Fort, also known as the great wall of Sindh, is situated in Lakki Mountains of the Kirthar Range in Jamshoro District, Sindh. It is the largest fort in the world with a circumference of approximately 26 kilometres. Possibly built by a Persian noble Imran Bin Musa Barmaki who was the Governor of Sindh in 836, under the Abbasids.
2. Noor Mahal: The Noor Mahal in Bahawalpur belonged to the Nawab of Bahawalpur princely state, during British Raj. It was built in 1872 like an Italian chateau. The construction of Noor Palace was undertaken by Nawab Subah Sadiq IV. He made this palace for his wife. However, she spent only one night there, when she see the adjoining graveyard from her balcony.
1. Royal Fort Lahore: The Lahore Fort, known as Shahi Qila located in the northwestern corner of the Walled City of Lahore or Old Lahore. It is said to have been built by the Mughal emperor Akbar. It spreads over 20 hectares and was regularly upgraded by Mughal, Sikh and British rulers. The fort has two gates; Alamgiri Gate build by Emperor Aurangzeb which opens towards Badshahi Mosque, and Maseeti or Masjidi Gate built by Emperor Akbar which opens towards Masti Gate Area of Walled City.
IMAGE SOURCE: GOOGLE SEARCH
Unique Food in Baltistan - 14 TRADITIONAL DISHES in Skardu | Pakistani Food in Gilgit-Baltistan!
SUBSCRIBE for 2 new videos every week
T-shirts and caps:
Thank you to Ali (Pakistan Travel Market):
Special thank you to Serena Shigar Fort for sponsoring my stay:
On Day 8 of our trip to Pakistan we traveled from Islamabad to Skardu to begin our Himalaya / Karakoram Mountain region, Gilgit-Baltistan, part of this Pakistani food tour. If you haven’t seen the other videos in this series, watch them all here:
We flew from Islamabad to Skardu, in Gilgit-Baltistan. Even the flight was spectacular as we passed by Nanga Parbat enroute to the gorgeous city of Skardu.
Quick snack in Skardu - After landing we proceeded through security and immigration and continued on to Skardu town. We stopped in Skardu town to run a few errands along the way, and we happen to stop just outside a small shop selling chapli kebabs and a few different Pakistani curries. We had to stop for a quick snack. The chapli kebabs were excellent as usual, and the saag with meat curry was spectacular.
Total price - 680 PKR ($5.05)
Serena Shigar Fort ( - It was about a 30 minute drive from Skardu to Shigar, and it was a spectacular drive through the mountains until we emerged into Shigar, another lush valley. The scenery was other-worldly. We checked into Serena Shigar Fort (thanks to them for sponsoring our stay).
Baltistan Food - The real highlight of the day was having a local Baltistan food dinner where an amazing family prepared 14 different traditional dishes. Many of the dishes included whole grains, fresh goat, and plenty of apricot oil for seasoning and flavor. It was an amazing meal, and fellowship, and just a taste of the Baltistan, Pakistan.
Watch the entire Pakistani video series:
CAMERA GEAR I used to make this video (these are affiliate links):
Thank you for watching!