Kõrgessaare is a small borough in Hiiumaa Parish, Hiiu County, Estonia, on the northwestern coast of Hiiumaa island. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Korgessaare
1. Kopu LighthouseKorgessaare Kõpu Lighthouse is one of the best known symbols and tourist sights on the Estonian island of Hiiumaa. It is one of the oldest lighthouses in the world, having been in continuous use since its completion in 1531.The lighthouse marks the Hiiu Shoal and warns ships away from the shoreline. Light from Kõpu Lighthouse can be used for navigation as far as 26 nautical miles away, although in 1997 a radar lighthouse largely took over its role as navigation aid.Kõpu Lighthouse was previously known under its Swedish name, Upper Dagerort lighthouse. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Hiiumaa Military MuseumKorgessaare Hiiumaa is the second largest island in Estonia. It is in the Baltic Sea, north of the island of Saaremaa, part of the West Estonian archipelago. Its largest town is Kärdla. Along with several smaller neighboring islands, the island makes up Hiiu County; one of the 15 counties of Estonia. The Hiiu Shoal is located off the northwestern shore of Hiiumaa Island. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Padise AbbeyPadise Padise Abbey was a former Cistercian monastery in Padise in Harju County, Estonia, settled in 1310 by the dispossessed monks of Dünamünde Abbey in Latvia. It was converted into a fortress after its dissolution in 1559 and later used as a country house until 1766. The ruins are now a museum. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. HarilaidKihelkonna The Harilaid Peninsula is a peninsula on the northwest coast of the island of Saaremaa in Estonia. It should not be confused with the islet of Harilaid which lies between the islands of Vormsi and Hiiumaa. Harilaid covers an area of 4.5 km2 and is low lying . It is connected to the mainland by a 300-metre wide neck of land, and was a separate island until the end of the 17th century.Large numbers of birds stop on Harilaid on their migration route, and there is a resting site of grey seals on the west coast. There is a large pine plantation on the peninsula, started in the 1970s and inhabited by elk and wild boar. The peninsula was added to the Vilsandi National Park in 1993.There is no record of a settled population on the peninsula. The Kiipsaare lighthouse was built at the tip of the pen... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
9. Vilsandi National ParkKihelkonna Vilsandi National Park is a national park in Saare County, Estonia. It includes part of the island of Vilsandi, a number of smaller islands, adjacent parts of western Saaremaa and the Harilaid peninsula on Saaremaa, all in Kihelkonna Parish and Lääne-Saare Parish. The park grew from a bird reserve founded in 1910. It is a highly sensitive ecosystem due to the use of the area as stop-over by many migratory birds, like barnacle geese and Steller's eider, and as a breeding and nesting ground for over 247 species of birds, of which the most common is the eider duck. One third of all protected plant species in Estonia can also be found in the national park. Hunting is absolutely prohibited. This park is a popular tourist destination for both Estonians and foreign visitors, particularly from F... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
11. Rummu Ash-HillsVasalemma The Rummu quarry is a submerged limestone quarry located in Rummu, Vasalemma Parish, Estonia, Europe. Much of the natural area of the quarry is under a lake formed by groundwater, and is situated next to a spoil tip. The quarry is close to two former prisons, the nearest being the former Rummu prison. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
FM DX: [Semi-local] 99,2 Eiropas Hītu Radio (European Hit Radio), Meža Mendes. Vocal, RDS ID 35 km