Kvemo Kartli is a historic province and current administrative region in southeastern Georgia. The city of Rustavi is a regional capital. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Kvemo Kartli Region
1. Dmanisi SioniDmanisi Dmanisi is a town and archaeological site in the Kvemo Kartli region of Georgia approximately 93 km southwest of the nation’s capital Tbilisi in the river valley of Mashavera. The hominin site is dated to 1.8 million years ago. It was the earliest known evidence of hominins outside Africa before stone tools dated to 2.1 million years were discovered in 2018 in Shangchen, China.A series of skulls which had diverse physical traits, discovered at Dmanisi in the early 2010s, led to the hypothesis that many separate species in the genus Homo were in fact a single lineage. Also known as Skull 5, D4500 is the fifth skull to be discovered in Dmanisi. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Gergeti Trinity ChurchStepantsminda Gergeti Trinity Church is a popular name for Holy Trinity Church near the village of Gergeti in Georgia. The church is situated on the right bank of the river Chkheri , at an elevation of 2170 meters , under Mount Kazbegi. The Gergeti Trinity Church was built in the 14th century, and is the only cross-cupola church in Khevi province. The separate belltower dates from the same period as the church itself. Its isolated location on top of a steep mountain surrounded by the vastness of nature has made it a symbol for Georgia. The 18th century Georgian author Vakhushti Batonishvili wrote that in times of danger, precious relics from Mtskheta, including Saint Nino's Cross were brought here for safekeeping. During the Soviet era, all religious services were prohibited, but the church remained a p... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Mt KazbekStepantsminda Mount Kazbek , is a dormant stratovolcano and one of the major mountains of the Caucasus located on the border of Georgia's Kazbegi District and Russia's Republic of North Ossetia–Alania.It is the third-highest peak in Georgia and the seventh-highest summit in the Caucasus Mountains. Kazbek is also the second-highest volcanic summit in the Caucasus, after Mount Elbrus. The summit lies directly to the west of the town of Stepantsminda and is the most prominent geographic feature of the area. Mount Kazbek is the highest peak of Eastern Georgia. The name in Georgian, Mqinvartsveri, translates to Glacier Peak or Freezing Cold Peak. The Vainakh name Bashlam translates as Molten Mount. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Old Town (Altstadt) TbilisiTbilisi In a city or town, the old town is its historic or original core. Although the city is usually larger in its present form, many cities have redesignated this part of the city to commemorate its origins after thorough renovations. There are many places throughout the world referred to as the old town . This is a list of some famous old towns: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. The Bridge of PeaceTbilisi The Bridge of Peace is a bow-shaped pedestrian bridge, a steel and glass construction illuminated with numerous LEDs, over the Kura River in downtown Tbilisi, capital of Georgia. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Aerial Tramway in TbilisiTbilisi The 1990 Tbilisi aerial tramway accident was an aerial tramway accident in Tbilisi, the capital of Soviet Georgia on June 1, 1990, which resulted in 20 deaths and at least 15 injuries. The accident involved 2 gondolas on a ropeway route between Rustaveli Avenue and Mount Mtatsminda. Red gondola number 1 was on its way down from the slope of the mountain, nearing the lower supporting tower, and red gondola number 2 was nearing an upper tower, when the hauling rope broke inside the coupler of the upper gondola. Both gondolas rolled down simultaneously. The lower gondola slammed into the wall of the lower station, killing 4 and injuring many others. The upper gondola generated a higher speed ; on reaching the lower support tower, it struck the broken hauling rope, which was hanging on the tow... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. Narikala FortressTbilisi Narikala is an ancient fortress overlooking Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia, and the Kura River. The fortress consists of two walled sections on a steep hill between the sulphur baths and the botanical gardens of Tbilisi. On the lower court there is the recently restored St Nicholas church. Newly built in 1996–1997, it replaces the original 13th-century church that was destroyed in a fire. The new church is of prescribed cross type, having doors on three sides. The internal part of the church is decorated with the frescos showing scenes both from the Bible and history of Georgia.The fortress was established in the 4th century as Shuris-tsikhe and it was a Persian citadel. It was considerably expanded by the Umayyads in the 7th century and later, by king David the Builder . The Mongols re... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Kvemo Kartli Region Videos
Summer in Georgia
The film is shot in July 2015 in Georgia, mostly in Bolnisi and Borjomi regions.
Ushguli, Georgia: Highest Village in Europe
After a very long and difficult journey we finally arrived in Ushguli, in the region of Svaneti. This is the highest point in all of Europe that is inhabited year-round, and very near the area where Jason went in search of a golden fleece.