Onancock is a town in Accomack County, Virginia, United States. The population was 1,263 at the 2010 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Onancock
1. Tangier Onancock FerryOnancock Tangier is a town in Accomack County, Virginia, United States, on Tangier Island in Chesapeake Bay. The population was 727 at the 2010 census. Since 1850, the island's landmass has been reduced by 67%. Under the mid-range sea level rise scenario, much of the remaining landmass is expected to be lost in the next 50 years and the town will likely need to be abandoned.The people who came to settle the island permanently arrived in the 1770s and were farmers. In the late 19th century, the islanders began to become more dependent on harvesting crabs and oysters from the Chesapeake Bay. As the waterman livelihood became more important and more lucrative, there were often conflicts among the oyster dredgers and oyster tongers in the bay, and between those living in Maryland and those living in Vi... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Yorktown BattlefieldYorktown Yorktown is a census-designated place in York County, Virginia, United States. It is the county seat of York County, one of the eight original shires formed in colonial Virginia in 1682. Yorktown's population was 195 as of the 2010 census, while York County's population was 66,134 in the 2011 census estimate. The town is most famous as the site of the siege and subsequent surrender of General Charles Cornwallis to General George Washington and the French Fleet during the American Revolutionary War on October 19, 1781. Although the war would last for another year, this British defeat at Yorktown effectively ended the war. Yorktown also figured prominently in the American Civil War , serving as a major port to supply both northern and southern towns, depending upon who held Yorktown at the t... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. Bethany BeachBethany Beach Bethany Beach is an incorporated town in Sussex County, Delaware, United States. According to the 2010 Census Bureau figures, the population of the town is 1,060; however, during the summer months some 15,000 more populate the town as vacationers. It is part of the Salisbury, MD-DE Metropolitan Statistical Area. Bethany Beach, South Bethany and Fenwick Island are popularly known as The Quiet Resorts. Assisting Bethany Beach's reputation as a quiet place is the presence of Delaware Seashore State Park immediately to the north of the town. Despite its small size, Bethany Beach boasts the usual attractions of a summer seaside resort, including the short Joseph Olson Boardwalk, a broad, sandy beach, motels, restaurants, and vacation homes. Because Bethany Beach does not sit on a barrier island... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
9. American Revolution Museum at YorktownYorktown French involvement in the American Revolutionary War began in 1775, when France, a rival of the British Empire, secretly shipped supplies to the Continental Army. A Treaty of Alliance in 1778 soon followed, which led to shipments of money and matériel to the United States. Subsequently, the Spanish Empire and the Dutch Republic also began to send assistance, leaving the British Empire with no allies. France's help is considered a vital and decisive contribution to the United States' victory against the British. As a cost of participation in the war, France accumulated over 1 billion livres in debt. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
10. Colonial ParkwayYorktown Colonial Parkway is a 23-mile scenic parkway linking the three points of Virginia's Historic Triangle, Jamestown, Williamsburg, and Yorktown. It is part of the National Park Service's Colonial National Historical Park. Virginia's official state designation for the parkway is State Route 90003. With portions built between 1930 and 1957, it links the three communities via a roadway shielded from views of commercial development. The roadway is toll-free, is free of semi trucks, and has speed limits of around 35 to 45 mph . As a National Scenic Byway and All-American Road , it is also popular with tourists due to the James River and York River ends of the parkway. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
TOP 10. Most Beautiful Small Towns in Virginia
group facebook - TOP 10. Most Beautiful Small Towns in Virginia: Middleburg, Abingdon, Smithfield, Chincoteague, Staunton, Lexington, Monterey, Onancock, Farmville, Warrenton
A Day on Virginia's Eastern Shore
You'll Love our Nature, Eastern Shore of Virginia. Visit esvatourism.org
Onancock Virginia Wharf | Cinematic
A Cinematic perspective of Onancock Wharf. You can find this location on the Eastern Shore Of Virginia. Very neat place with lots of history. Check it out!
Editing notes: This footage was taken a few years ago. With both my drone and dslr.
The Eastern Shore: A Coastal Wanderlove Experience
Wanderlove: a strong desire to travel to Virginia’s incredible outdoor destinations. For a coastal Wanderlove adventure, head to Virginia’s Eastern Shore for kayaking, hang gliding, and a whole lot more!
Hidden areas - Wachapreague, Virginia Drone 4K
Travel to the secret Seaside areas of Virginia. Aerial drone footage unveils a seldom seen ecosystem near Wachapreague, Burton's Bay and Quimby, Virginia.
Buy Mark's unique Fine Art Print photography at his website: Photographerimages.com
Thanks for liking and thank you for subscribing.
Mark B. Coulbourne is a Photographer, U.S.C.G. Licensed Master Boat Captain, Travel Guide, Former Park Ranger for the National Park Service, Surfer that has lived in Hawaii since 1990 & FAA Certified Drone Pilot.