25 Things to do in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Travel Guide
Hello from Rio de Janeiro! This was our first stop in Brazil and we were very excited to check out the top attractions, sample Brazilian cuisine, and squeeze in a little bit of beach time. We had an action packed week exploring the different neighbouhoods and trying everything from churrasco to brigadeiro, so we decided to film a city guide along the way. This video will showcase 25 things to do in Rio de Janeiro. Now let's get to it!
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II:
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens:
Rode Video Mic GO:
Joby Gorilla Pod:
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro:
1) Christ Redeemer (Cristo Redentor) & Trem do Corcovado
2) Ipanema Hippy Fair (Feira Hippie de Ipanema)
3) Selarón Steps (Escadaria Selarón)
4) Museum of Tomorrow (Museu do Amanhã)
5) Bike Tour of Rio with
6) Favela Tour with
7) Nature Hike up to Chapéu Mangueira Hill
8) Churrascaria: Buffet meat churrasco style
9) Ipanema Beach
10) Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana de São Sebastião)
11) National Fine Arts Museum (Museu Nacional de Belas Artes MNBA)
12) Municipal Theatre of Rio (Theatro Municipal)
13) Cafe Colombo (Confeitaria Colombo) and Brigadeiro
14) Sugarloaf Mountain (Pão de Açúcar) by Cable Car
15) Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden (Jardim Botânico)
16) Sao Joao Batista Cemetery (Cemitério de São João Batista)
17) Copacabana Beach
18) Drink coconut juice from a fresh coconut
19) Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas (Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon)
20) Pão de queijo - Brazilian cheese bread
21) Praça Mauá area for museums on the weekend
22) Ride a bike all over Rio
23) Ride the subway (Rio de Janeiro Metro - Metrô Rio)
24) Feijoada (Brazilian stew with rice and beans)
25) Nightlife in Rio drinking a Caipirinhas
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Rio De Janeiro travel guide documentary, before the Olympics of 2016, covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (best restaurants and street food), top museums and Rio at night. We also cover off-the-beaten-path activities you won't find in a typical Rio De Janeiro tourism brochure or Rio De Janeiro, Brasil city tour.
25 Things to do in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Travel Guide and Top Attractions Transcript:
First up, we started with the city’s most iconic sight: Christ Redeemer. We boarded the train as soon as the station opened and made our way to the top of Corcovado Mountain. Sometimes the statue can be shielded by fog, but we lucked out with beautiful blue skies and panoramic views of the city as far as the eye could see.
For a bit of colour, we headed over to the Selaron Steps, which is a tiled staircase created by Chilean artist, Jorge Selarón. Initially Selaron would scavenge construction sites looking for tiles, but in later years as his work gained notoriety, travellers began donating tiles.
Since we chose to stay in the neighbourhood of Ipanema, we ended up spending quite a bit of time at Ipanema Beach. We noticed that this beach was really popular for beach football, volleyball, and surfing. And of course, what makes this beach so iconic are its two mountains, known as Dois Irmãos. If you come here on a clear day, you can catch a killer sunset.
No visit to Rio de Janeiro would be complete without heading up Sugarloaf Mountain, so when the skies finally cleared that’s exactly what we did. We paid for our tickets and boarded the cable car for a somewhat unnerving ride up. If you’re scared of heights, this probably isn’t the attraction for you, however, if you manage to make it to the top you get some really cool panoramic views of Rio.
Copacabana Beach is the most famed beach in all of Rio de Janeiro and if you were to visit on a weekend during the summer months you’d find that the place is packed beyond belief. We happened to be here in winter so things were a lot more relaxed, but that didn’t stop visitors from braving the waters.
We did a favela tour to Babilônia and Chapéu Mangueira. On our tour we saw lots of street art, learned about life inside a favela.
And that is a wrap! We hope this video will give you guys some ideas of things to do in Rio de Janeiro on your visit, and for those travellers who have already been there, feel free to add your suggestion of cool activities and attractions in the comments below.
This is part of our Travel in Brazil video series showcasing Brazilian food, Brazilian culture and Brazilian cuisine.
Music in this video courtesy of Audio Network
Forest Lawn Memorial Park 714 622-4095 Cypress Dove Rental
(714) 622-4095 White Dove Rentals at Hollywood Hills Forest lawn Memorial Park Good Shepherd Cemetery Mausoleum Wilmington Green Hills Cemetery Palos Verdes Rose Hills Country Club Westminster California We also do Funeral Doves Holy Sepulcher Cemetery - Orange, CA. Huntington Beach Main St. White Doves Release at All Souls Cemetery Long Beach, Mission Hills Cemetery plus Christ Cathedral perviously called Crystal Cathedral at Cathedral Memorial Gardens we also service Holy Cross Cemetery Culver City We service at Rose Hills Whittier CA. Huntington Beach, White Doves, Brea, Resurrections Cemetery Montebello, Rosemead, Monterey Park, Edward Diaz White Doves, Orange County, for White Doves Los Angeles plus Rose Hills Cemetery Memory Gardens Cemetery Mortuary Funeral Home
Westminster Memorial Park Peek Funeral Home - Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Fountain Valley, Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries - Long Beach, Covina
Saddleback Church, Marines Church, First Christian Church, Seabreeze Church, Queen of Heaven Catholic Cemetery & Mausoleum, Rowland Heights
Doves only Service Prices at White Dove Funeral Rental Services Whittier, Rose Hills Inglewood Park Cemetery Rentals with all White Doves Service White Doves at Forest Lawn Memorial Park service at Redondo Beach Pier. Events plus covering Huntington Beach, Long Beach, California. Bridal Events Montebello, Los Angeles, Whittier, Hills, Rose, Huntington Beach CA, United States of America Memorial Paloma Event Professionals, Alhambra, Altadena, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Arcadia, Artesia, Baldwin Park, Bell, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Beverly Hills, Brea, Brentwood (Los Angeles), Buena Park, Burbank (Los Angeles), Calabasas, Canoga Park, Carson, City of Commerce, Compton, Costa Mesa, Cudahy, Culver City, Cypress, Downey, Eagle Rock, East Los Angeles, El Monte, El Segundo, Encino, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Gardena, Glendale, Granada Hills, Hacienda Heights, Harbor City, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Highland Park, Hollywood, Huntington Beach, Huntington Park, Inglewood, Irvine, La Canada, La Crescenta, La Habra, La Mirada, La Puente, Lakewood, Lawndale, Lennox, Lomita, Long Beach, Los Alamitos, Los Angeles, Lucerne Valley, Lynwood, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Marina del Rey, Maywood, Montebello, Monterey Park, Newport Beach, North Hollywood, Norwalk, Ocean Park, Orange, Pacoima, Panorama City, Paramount, Pasadena, Pico Rivera, Placentia, Playa del Rey, Redondo Beach, Reseda, Rosemead, San Fernando, San Gabriel, San Pedro, Santa Ana, Santa Fe Springs, Santa Monica, Seal Beach, Sepulveda, Sherman Oaks, Sierra Madre, Signal Hill, South El Monte, South Gate, South Pasadena, Stanton, Studio City, Sun Valley, Sunset Beach, Sylmar, Tarzana, Topanga, Torrance, Tujunga, Tustin, Universal City, Valinda, Van Nuys, Venice, Verdugo City, West Covina, West Hollywood, West Los Angeles, Westminster, Westwood (Los Angeles), Whittier, Wilmington, Woodland Hills, and Yorba Linda. Number One White Dove Release Company, who has the most white dove videos on youtube, White Dove Video