Top 10 reasons NOT to move to Boise, Idaho. You'll need some good skin care.
Top 10 reasons NOT to move to Boise, Idaho. You'll need some good skin care. Skincare is actually a big complaint in Boise. Maybe try Elemis when you move to Idaho, USA.
Business email: Graveyardsjim@gmail.com
Thanks for stopping by The world according to Briggs, I make lists. Not just lists of random stuff, I make them about states, cities, towns and other places in the United States. I post 3 times a week and sometimes live stream. Enjoy.
Mailing Address: World According to Briggs
20449 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy
Aloha, Oregon 97003
Sling Bag :
Travel books you need to read.
Travels with Charley in Search of America:
Do you want to make videos as I do on this channel? This is all you need:
DJI Iphone Mobil 2:
DJI Phantom 3:
Blue Yeti Microphone:
Royalty Free Images Stock
This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!
Idaho Travel & Recreation
Welcome to Idaho, The Gem State!
Welcome to Idaho, where a combination of beauty and diversity make this state a great place to visit, live and play. Adjacent to Washington and Oregon in the Pacific Northwest, Idaho boasts a variety of landscapes from forests to deserts, and rugged mountains to broad farmlands.
Outdoor recreation is a vital part of Idaho culture. Home to premier ski resorts, white-water rafting and camping, the wilderness calls to visiting explorers. Hell's Canyon and the Salmon River boast some of North America's finest rafting and kayaking opportunities with Riggins as the state's informal white-water capital. Don't miss Shoshone Falls which plunges down rugged cliffs from a height greater than that of Niagara Falls. The Craters of the Moon and the Bruneau Sand Dunes offer unique desert beauty.
Great Idaho Getaway Intro | Visit Idaho
In the Great Idaho Getaway see the Lumpkin family on a 10-day 2,200 mile trip through Idaho as they explore rafting, dining, luxury accommodations and more
| Follow Visit Idaho |
► Idaho is full of adventures. We ask that when you visit that you act as a good steward of the land and practice responsible recreation. For more information about Leave No Trace principles, please click here:
Cherry Creek: The Best Class V+ Whitewater Rafting Trip in North America
Book your next whitewater rafting trip on the Cherry Creek / Upper Tuolumne River:
Cherry Creek is the most challenging commercial river rafting trip in California, and perhaps the entire United States. With a phenomenal twelve Class V rapids and many unnamed Class IV drops, this 9-mile run is incomparable.
THE RAPIDS: The most advanced whitewater in California; Class V
Some say Cherry Creek isn’t the most difficult run in California. They say it’s the most difficult in the entire United States! The river’s 15 Class V whitewater rapids are generated by the canyon’s steep gradient—the river drops more than 100 vertical feet per mile. Narrow and steep, the river is often choked with huge boulders. When you reach the bottom of a Cherry Creek rapid you’ll look back upstream exhilarated, and wish you could hike back up and do it again.
THE RIVER SCENERY: Huge granite boulders and surging whitewater
You’ll come for the whitewater, but you’ll fall in love in with the canyon’s beautifully-rugged hills, timeless oaks, and crystalline water rushing past sculptured granite boulders. Because only two outfitters run Cherry Creek, few get to paddle this stunning stretch of the Tuolumne; your group will likely be the only one on the water. This exclusivity means Cherry Creek trips offer nearly private access to a remarkable and isolated canyon.
LOCATION: 3.5 hours from San Francisco, 40 minutes from Yosemite
Just two and half-hours from Sacramento and only three hours from San Francisco, Cherry Creek is close to many metropolitan areas. Highways 140, 120, and 49 are in close proximity. Explore other Yosemite whitewater rafting trip options.
TYPICAL RAFTING SEASON: July to early-September
Cherry Creek is a dam-controlled stretch of the Tuolumne River and becomes raftable at lower flows, after the springtime snow melt. Trips therefore usually begin in mid-summer.
MEALS: Freshly prepared riverside feasts
Every All-Outdoors trip includes delicious riverside meals. On Cherry Creek, our gourmet build-your-own sandwich bar includes all the fixings needed to assemble the perfect sandwich to your preference. There is a beverage, and cookies to finish it off. We provide breakfast the day of your trip, as well as snacks the night before and during the trip.
GUEST INVOLVEMENT: How You Participate in Rafting the River
All-Outdoors runs oar-paddle combination rafts on Cherry Creek. In an oar-paddle boat, a professional guide steers the boat with oars while simultaneously calling commands to paddlers. It is imperative that everyone be willing and able to paddle. Each guest on our Cherry Creek trips should weigh under 250 lbs, be physically active, have prior watersport experience, be able to swim, and be willing to follow guide instructions in a team environment.
If you have special dietary requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you reserve your trip. We will do our very best to accommodate your needs.
Ready to go? Book your next whitewater rafting trip on the Cherry Creek / Upper Tuolumne River:
Salmon River - Idaho, United States
- Created at TripWow by TravelPod Attractions (a TripAdvisor™ company)
Salmon River Idaho
The River of No Return is the longest free-flowing river contained within one state of America's lower 48 states.
Read more at:
Travel blogs from Salmon River:
- ... We continued on through the canyon into White Bird, following the Salmon River with people white rafting in the river right next to us ...
- ... It is the longest stretch of salmon river in the United States that does not have a dam along it ...
- ... We left Idaho Falls Monday morning and drove up the Salmon River after stopping at Walmart so I could get an Idaho fishing license ...
- ... This is the gateway to whitewater rafting on the Salmon River ...
- ... As I write this, we're in a campground overlooking the Salmon River after our first day of driving through beautiful country ...
- ... Photos from my drive along the Salmon River this morning ...
- ... Once again back on the road, we made our way to the Salmon River Scenic Byway, the second detour of the day, which spanned over 100 miles and provided us with some spectacular scenery along the ...
- ... laying out on the sand enthralled by the stars and waited for some moon beaming creeping from around the mountain at Salmon River beach, listening to soothing sounds of the streams; climbing thousands of feet high fierce steep slope mountain (albeit in ...
Read these blogs and more at:
- Caldwell, Idaho, United States
- Stanley, Idaho, United States
- Riggins, Idaho, United States
- Boise, Idaho, United States
Photos in this video:
- D: Salmon River Mountains bei / at Clayton by Pajas from a blog titled Der Kampf / The fight
- Hot Sprigs on the Salmon River by Noumena12 from a blog titled Views from along the Scenic Salmon River
- Salmon River Scenery by Shavonne-brian from a blog titled Our final adventures
- Salmon River 10 by Noumena12 from a blog titled Views from along the Scenic Salmon River
- Salmon River 11 by Noumena12 from a blog titled Views from along the Scenic Salmon River
- Salmon River 1 by Noumena12 from a blog titled Morning Photo Jaunt
- Salmon River 2 by Noumena12 from a blog titled Morning Photo Jaunt
- Salmon River 3 by Noumena12 from a blog titled Views from along the Scenic Salmon River
- Salmon River 4 by Noumena12 from a blog titled Views from along the Scenic Salmon River
- Salmon River 5 by Noumena12 from a blog titled Views from along the Scenic Salmon River
- Salmon River 6 by Noumena12 from a blog titled Views from along the Scenic Salmon River
- Salmon River 7 by Noumena12 from a blog titled Views from along the Scenic Salmon River
- Salmon River 8 by Noumena12 from a blog titled Views from along the Scenic Salmon River
- Salmon River by Pmf1153 from a blog titled Our Private Idaho
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Recorded July 22, 2014
Coeur d'Alene is a resort town, with the Coeur d'Alene Resort taking up a prominent portion of the city's downtown.
Explore Winters in Sun Valley & Ketchum, Idaho
Explore winters in Sun Valley & Ketchum, Idaho. Fly non-stop to Sun Valley, Idaho from 6 major cities this winter!
Salmon Valley Tourism Video
Depicts the lifestyle in the rural town of Salmon, Idaho. Where the Roads End and the Fun Begins.
To Love A Place - Idaho's Main Salmon River
Conservation of wild rivers has to start with love. Amy Kober has spent the last 18 years of her career dedicated to saving waterways with American Rivers.
In an effort to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Wild & Scenic Rivers Act in 2018, American Rivers is working to protect 5,000 miles of new Wild and Scenic Rivers and one million acres of riverside land protected over the next five years.
In addition to the powerful conservation goal, American Rivers along with NRS, YETI, and O.A.R.S., have launched the 5,000 Miles of Wild campaign: embarking on a mission to tell the stories of America’s rivers and the people who love them—from whitewater boaters and avid anglers, to families and urban dwellers who enjoy backyard escapes.
“By collecting personal stories from people across America, we will show how rivers connect all of us and send one clear and unified message to our elected leaders: our rivers are worth saving,” Amy said. “Our aim is to recruit, engage and empower a lasting army of people speaking up to protect our rivers and clean water.”
Take action and share your story at
You might also like our other short films. Check out:
River of Eden:
Water Is For Fighting:
O.A.R.S. has been providing whitewater rafting, sea kayaking & multi-sport vacations since 1969 and we learned from decades of experience how to create magical nature-based experiences for you, your family, your friends or your business—stellar and diverse scenery, the beauty of a raft floating downstream, exciting whitewater rapids and captivating companionship.
Please visit our YouTube channel:
You can also find out more at our website:
Like our page on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Are you on Instagram? We are: