Visit Idaho, USA and explore by region - Unravel Travel TV
Idaho is the 13th largest state in the union, covering 83,557 square miles.
• Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls is 212 feet high – 36 feet higher than Niagara Falls.
• At 7,900 feet, Hells Canyon is the deepest river-carved gorge in North America, deeper than even the Grand Canyon.
• The world’s densest populations of nesting eagles, hawks and falcons can be found at the Morley Nelson Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area.
• In Soda Springs you can find the largest captive geyser in the world – it erupts every hour on the hour, reaching heights of 100 feet.
• The Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness is one of the largest wilderness areas in the Lower 48, second only to California’s Death Valley.
• A sand dune within Bruneau Dunes State Park rises 470 feet above the surrounding desert floor, making it the tallest single-structured sand dune in North America.
History and Heritage
• Idaho City was once the largest town in the Pacific Northwest it developed around gold mining in the 1860s.
• Farragut State Park, and adjoining Lake Pend Oreille, was home to a Naval Training Station during WWII.
• In the old West mining town of Wallace the entire downtown core is listed on the National Historic Register.
• Idaho had a nationally-renowned wine industry until Prohibition closed it down. Today, it is Idaho’s fastest growing agricultural industry with three AVAs in the state.
• The Oregon Trail ran right through southern Idaho, leaving behind historic landmarks and sites to explore.
• Idaho is home to six Native American tribes: The Coeur d’Alene, Kootenai of Idaho, Nez Perce, Shoshone-Bannock, Shoshone-Paiute and Lemhi-Shoshone tribes.
• Boise is home to one of the largest Basque communities in the United States, with nearly 16,000 people.
• Lewiston is the most inland seaport on the west coast, hosting cruise and cargo ships that travel up the Columbia River.
• There are more than 50 wineries in Idaho, producing more than 25 varietals of wine.
• Idaho is known as the “Gem State” because 72 types of precious and semi-precious stones can be found here, including some which can be found nowhere else in the world.
• The Wild Huckleberry is the state fruit, and can be found on menus throughout the region.
• Idaho is bordered by Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and Montana.
• The highest elevation point is Mt. Borah at 12,662 feet, and the lowest is 738 feet above sea level in Lewiston.
• Idaho is home to more miles of whitewater than anywhere else in the continental U.S., making it a paddlers’ paradise.
• Idaho contains nearly 600 registered campsites, which include those within Idaho’s 30 state parks, 10 national forests and on other public lands.
• There are over 300 hot springs in Idaho with over 130 deemed soaker-friendly.
• Thirty one (31) scenic byways crisscross the state, highlighting stunning scenery and area histories.
• Sun Valley Resort was America’s first destination ski resort (as well as where the first chairlifts were installed).
• Idaho claims the only state flag designed by a woman.
• The Perrine Bridge over the Snake River at Twin Falls is the only place in the country where BASE jumping (parachuting from a fixed structure) is allowed year-round without a permit.
Unravel Travel TV
Things to do in Idaho | South Central | Sand Volcano
Follow me as I find things to do in Idaho and plot my own Idaho map. I leave my home town to travel to Twin Falls, ID! I stop at American Falls, Lake Channel Dunes, and Massacre Rocks State Park.Day 1 of my May 2016 roadtrip.
Check Out Detours for Derrik on Instagram: detoursforderrik
Music Credit: bensound.com
Search alternative for detours for derrick.
Nipper Soda Spring and Sinclair Spring
Two natural springs located in the Sequoia Natural Forest on 40 acres of private land. Nipper Soda Spring is a naturally carbonated mineral water like Perrier. Sinclair Spring is a delicious non-carbonated water pristine and refreshing.
Havasupai Sendy Convention (120 Foot Cliff Jump)
The biggest cliff jumping event in history just unfolded deep within the depths of the Grand Canyon. A mass gathering of the best cliff jumpers from all over the United States assembled for one week in one of the most beautiful cliff jumping locations in the world known as Havasupai. Our goals were set to a maximum and our balls were at our heaviest. Every jumper pulled the trigger with their signature jump from heights up to 120 feet off cliffs that have never been tamed before. Fears were conquered, limits were pushed and most importantly everyone was safe! Every precaution was taken to make sure we all hiked out alive. Water depths were checked, safety crews took their place, flotation devices were present and the rest we left to our years of experience. As a result no one was seriously injured. It was the sendiest convention of them all!
Havasu Falls was personally measured by us at 93 feet (28.3 meters). The towering cliff next to the falls was measured at exactly 120 feet (36.6 meters). I shot most of these clips with a Sony a7sII at 120fps. Additional footage by Dillon Bucher (@lifesodetermined) and Kortney Slater thank you!
Be sure to subscribe to follow this cliff jumping revolution that is in full effect.
The biggest names in the game coordinated this event. La_swim, Cliff Life Media, Excursion Always, Adrenaline Addiction, Local Idiots and yours truly.
Jumpers: Nick Coulter, Zach Steele, Scott Pollman, Chase Reinford, Dan Worden, Mike Berritta, Travis Boe Sims, Tyler Stallings, Houston Braukman, Robert Wall, Jay Briggs, Brad Botwinski, Dillon Bucher, Nick Zmay, Connery Lundin, Corbin Yoder, Mike Larson, Tyler Crowe, Jake Berthelot, Johnny Bryant, Zach Ouchida and many others!
Song 1 - The Journal by Ross Bugden
Song 2 - The Lighthouse and the Whaler - Venice (Louis The Child Remix)
Song 3 - Welcome to Chaos by Ross Bugden
Song 4 - Possible by Ross Bugden
Narrative by Les Brown. Get Past Your Fears
INTENSE! 3 Best EXTREME Swimming Holes of Southern California
These 3 hidden swimming holes are tough to get to, but worth hiking to the top of some beautiful hidden waterfalls in Southern California near Los Angeles. These hidden pools are in Angeles National Forest and are for experienced hikers, climbers and scramblers ONLY! Climbing, bushwhacking, and an adventurous spirit are needed to reach these stunning waterfall pools. Make sure you are prepared with proper gear, knowledge, and physical fitness before you try to tackle any of these swimming holes.
More Best of Southern California videos:
Support this channel on Patreon and get more exclusive content, behind the scenes videos, Q & A's and MORE!
Buy an OG Infamous T-shirt or hoodie:
The main gear I use:
Other gear I recommend and use:
The links above are affiliate links and you can support this channel by shopping through them.
Outdoor Adventure Travel Videos-
I make outdoor adventure travel videos to inspire you to take your next trip and get outdoors. Life is short and there are so many interesting people, places and things to learn about and experience. Join me on my journey, SUBSCRIBE AND become a part t.com/@jessestlouisof Team Infamous.
My name is Jesse St Louis (AKA Infamous JSL) and I'm an actor that likes to go on awesome adventures between gigs. I've been called a no frills Bear Grylls but mostly I've been called an Actor. Traveler. Smart-ass.
INFAMOUS /ˈinfəməs/ in-fuh-muh s/ (adjective) - legendary, fabled, famed, outrageous, shocking, scandalous, notorious
Adventure Motivation and Inspiration-
Amazing 40 Foot Natural Water Slide-
OMG, you have to watch: Do THIS and Be HAPPY - 2018 Adventure Travel Highlights
Hotel 43 Boise, Idaho
981 Grove Street
Boise, ID 83702
Hotel 43 is in the center of Downtown Boise at the corner of 9th and Grove Street, less than 5 miles from the airport. Enjoy our Airport Shuttle, free of charge. Simply call us for an easy fifteen-minute ride to the hotel. Check the map and forget the rental car—you might not need it.
If you do drive, youll find its very easy to get to our centrally-located spot downtown. Please note, there is an overnight parking fee of $10 per day, per vehicle. Valet service is complimentary.
Wyoming Road Trip
My road trip to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Cody and Dubois, Wyoming.
How Much Money Do You Really Spend On A Cruise Ship Shore Excursion?
How Much Money Do You Really Spend On A Cruise Ship Shore Excursion? According to officials in San Juan Puerto Rico, 4 cruise ships visited the island last week and 17,000 passengers enjoyed a visit for the day. The economic impact was estimated to be $1.5 million or $85.00 per passenger. The question to my viewers is, do you spend more or less than that amount when you do a shore excursion? I had a number of interesting replies in this video.
Please support my channel today stop by and visit my new online store on RedBubble!
Please visit my new Travelling with Bruce Store get yourself some cool swag!
Send me a message at email@example.com
Black Swan Inn Luxurious Theme Rooms - Pocatello Hotels, Idaho
Black Swan Inn Luxurious Theme Rooms 3 Stars Hotel in Pocatello, Idaho Within US Travel Directory This downtown Pocatello hotel is located just off I-15.
It serves a continental breakfast and offers free Wi-Fi access.
Suites are decorated in a variety of exciting and romantic themes.
Free Wi-Fi access and cable TV are available in all of the soundproof rooms at Black Swan Inn Luxurious Theme Rooms.
Each is individually decorated in themes ranging from a Rocky Mountain Cabin to Romeo and Juliet.
The Highland Golf Course is 4.
8 km away from Black Swan Inn Luxurious Theme Rooms.
The Pocatello Regional Airport is 18.
5 km away.
Black Swan Inn Luxurious Theme Rooms - Pocatello Hotels, Idaho
Location in : 746 East Center Street, ID 83201, Pocatello, Idaho
Booking now :
Hotels list and More information visit U.S. Travel Directory
USA Hotels List YouTube Channel :
#Pocatello_Hotels #Idaho #USTravelDirectory
Heavenly Mountain Resort | A Panoramic View of Lake Tahoe Part 2 of 2 |UTV Ride at Heavenly Mountain
Heavenly Mountain Resort is one of the most famous destinations for winter activities like snowboarding, skiing, and for other family fun activities like Tubing, Mountain Coaster Ride and UTV Ride. Heavenly Mountain Resort is a ski resort located on the California-Nevada border in South Lake Tahoe. The Gondola ride is one of the most scenic experience you can enjoy the panoramic view of South Lake Tahoe. This mountain is also famous for summer fun as well. This Heavenly Mountain Resort is truly heavenly!
This is part 2 of Lake Tahoe video.
South Lake Tahoe Episode 1:
Heavenly Mountain Episode 2:
If you would like to see more videos, please subscribe to my channel and Thanks!
Please provide the following in the description of your upload:
Music: Alternate - Vibe Tracks