2. Vilnius Old TownVilnius The Old Town of Vilnius , one of the largest surviving medieval old towns in Northern Europe, has an area of 3.59 square kilometres . It encompasses 74 quarters, with 70 streets and lanes numbering 1487 buildings with a total floor area of 1,497,000 square meters. The oldest part of the Lithuanian capital of Vilnius, it has developed over the course of many centuries, and has been shaped by the city's history and a constantly changing cultural influence. It is a place where some of Europe's greatest architectural styles—gothic, renaissance, baroque and neoclassical—stand side by side and complement each other. Pilies Street is the Old Town's main artery and the hub of cafe and street market life. The main street of Vilnius, Gediminas Avenue, is partially located in the Old Town. The ce... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Trakai Island Castle MuseumTrakai Trakai Island Castle is an island castle located in Trakai, Lithuania, on an island in Lake Galvė. The construction of the stone castle was begun in the 14th century by Kęstutis, and around 1409 major works were completed by his son Vytautas the Great, who died in this castle in 1430. Trakai was one of the main centers of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the castle held great strategic importance. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Curonian Spit / Kursiu Nerija National ParkKlaipeda The Curonian Spit is a 98 km long, thin, curved sand-dune spit that separates the Curonian Lagoon from the Baltic Sea coast. Its southern portion lies within Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia and its northern within southwestern Lithuania. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site shared by the two countries. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Gediminas Castle TowerVilnius Gediminas' Tower is the remaining part of the Upper Castle in Vilnius, Lithuania. The first wooden fortifications were built by Gediminas, Grand Duke of Lithuania. The first brick castle was completed in 1409 by Grand Duke Vytautas. The three-floor tower was rebuilt in 1933 by Polish architect Jan Borowski. Some remnants of the old castle have been restored, guided by archaeological research. It is possible to climb to the top of the hill on foot or by taking a funicular. The tower houses a museum exhibiting archaeological findings from the hill and the surrounding areas. The museum has models of Vilnius castles from the 14th to the 17th centuries, armament, and iconographic material of the Old Vilnius. Gediminas' Tower is an important state and historic symbol of the city of Vilnius and o... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. KGB Museum (Genocido Auku Muziejus)Vilnius The Museum of Occupations and Freedom Fights , previously Museum of Genocide Victims , in Vilnius, Lithuania was established in 1992 by order of the Minister of Culture and Education and the President of the Lithuanian Union of Political Prisoners and Deportees. In 1997 it was transferred to the Genocide and Resistance Research Centre of Lithuania. The museum is located in the former KGB headquarters across from the Lukiškės Square, therefore it is informally referred to as the KGB Museum.The museum is dedicated mostly to collecting and exhibiting documents relating to the 50-year occupation of Lithuania by the Soviet Union, the anti-Soviet Lithuanian partisans, and the victims of the arrests, deportations, and executions that took place during this period. Before 2018, the museum was kn... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Gates of Dawn (Ausros Vartai)Vilnius The Gate of Dawn , or Sharp Gate is a city gate in Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, and one of its most important religious, historical and cultural monuments. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Taurage County Videos
Taurage Nature - Lithuania
In the southwest of Lithuania, on the Jūra river bank, nearby the road Kaliningrad -- Riga, for several centuries there exists a town that has been beautifully named by our ancestry TAURAGĖ. The name Tauragė consists of two words Tauras (from Lithuanian → Taurus) and ragas (from Lithuanian → horn). Tauragė town first was mentioned in the written sources only in the XVI century but actually the town was found earlier. Historically Tauragė was a hotbed of two different ethnical, religious, political worlds. Sometimes this country had to be a wall dividing these two worlds, and sometimes, contrarily, a bridge, connecting tem. Therefore, Tauragė, quasi a little pine nearby a huge road, had acquired its own character and peculiar, unique colour. --------------- Contacts: Tourism Information Center in Taurage Vytauto str. 60, LT-72253 Tauragė Tel. +370 446 61 404 E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org
European Destination of Excellence 2008. 10 Counties of Lithuania. EN.
Torvandi Ulenurme Tartu vald Tartu City Tila Estland 6.8.2014
Der Weg ist das Ziel... komm fahr mit in meinem Goggomobil =G= Sightseeing in Krisenregionen, Armenviertel, Bürgerkriegsgebieten. Along radioactive Death-Zones, MOAs, No-Go and Civil-War Areas.