Taylorville is a city in and the county seat of Christian County, Illinois, United States. The population was 11,427 at the 2000 census, making it the county's largest city. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. Cahokia Mounds State Historic SiteCollinsville The Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site is the site of a pre-Columbian Native American city directly across the Mississippi River from modern St. Louis, Missouri. This historic park lies in southern Illinois between East St. Louis and Collinsville. The park covers 2,200 acres , or about 3.5 square miles , and contains about 80 mounds, but the ancient city was much larger. In its heyday, Cahokia covered about 6 square miles and included about 120 manmade earthen mounds in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and functions.Cahokia was the largest and most influential urban settlement of the Mississippian culture, which developed advanced societies across much of what is now the central and southeastern United States, beginning more than 1,000 years before European contact. Today, Cahokia Mounds is ... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Lincolns New Salem State ParkPetersburg Illinois Lincoln's New Salem State Historic Site is a reconstruction of the former village of New Salem in Menard County, Illinois, where Abraham Lincoln lived from 1831 to 1837. While in his twenties, the future U.S. President made his living in this village as a boatman, soldier in the Black Hawk War, general store owner, postmaster, surveyor, and rail splitter, and was first elected to the Illinois General Assembly. Lincoln left New Salem for Springfield in 1837, and the village was generally abandoned by about 1840, as other towns developed. In the 1930s, the Civilian Conservation Corps built a historic recreation of New Salem based on its original foundations, establishing a state park commemorating Lincoln and Illinois' frontier history. The village is located 15 mi northwest of Springfield, ... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Great Rivers Scenic RouteAlton The Great River Road is a collection of state and local roads that follow the course of the Mississippi River through ten states of the United States. They are Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana. It formerly extended north into Canada, serving the provinces of Ontario and Manitoba. The term Great River Road refers both to a series of roadways and to a larger region inside the US and in each state, used for tourism and historic purposes. Some states have designated or identified regions of state interest along the road and use the roads to encompass those regions.It is divided into two main sections: the Great River Road and the National Scenic Byway Route. The eponymous segment runs on both sides of the river from Louisi... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. World's Largest Catsup BottleCollinsville The Brooks Catsup Bottle Water Tower, trademarked The World's Largest Catsup Bottle, is a water tower south of Collinsville, Illinois. It is claimed to be the largest catsup bottle in the world. As a prime example of mid-20th-century novelty architecture, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Presently, the tower is most notable in its capacity as a regional landmark and as a roadside attraction. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Par-A-Dice CasinoEast Peoria Par-A-Dice Hotel and Casino is a casino located on the Illinois River off Illinois Route 116/U.S. Route 150 in East Peoria, Illinois, United States. The Par-A-Dice opened in 1991 in Peoria, Illinois, and moved across the river to East Peoria in 1993. Originally established with local investors, it was later sold to Boyd Gaming. The Par-A-Dice had cruised the Illinois River 10 times daily during its early years, but stopped cruising altogether after Illinois dropped the requirement for riverboat casinos to leave their docks in June 1999. However, as the result of a new U.S. Coast Guard annual requirement, the riverboat set off for a few hours in the morning in June 2010 for the first time in 11 years. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Riverbank Lodge in Petersburg, Illinois
Riverbank Lodge is located in historic Petersburg, Illinois on the banks of the beautiful Sangamon River. The lodge features 24 uniquely appointed rooms, each one different. There is a relaxing lounge with fresh made pizza, wings and more. And being downtown in a small town, you can visit the many historic sites or enjoy an old fashioned soda fountain. It's just two miles from Lincoln's New Salem where Abraham Lincoln spent his formative years before his rise to the presidency and just 30 minutes from Lincoln's Springfield home, the old state capitol, the Lincoln Museum and tomb. Enjoy live entertainment every weekend at Theatre in the Park during the summer season or take in live music every weekend of the year. Plan a vacation or weekend getaway at Riverbank Lodge.
Grand Entry - 2017 Gathering of Nations Pow Wow
North America’s Largest Pow Wow 2017 Gathering of Nations April 28-29, 2017 Expo New Mexico 300 San Pedro NE Albuquerque, NM 87108 Albuquerque, New Mexico