My Favorite Place in Vietnam: Tam Coc // Ninh Binh, Vietnam
After four straight days of non-stop travel, I arrived at my final destination before Hanoi: Tam Coc. This area near Ninh Binh, Vietnam is just stunning!
Imagine the famous Ha Long Bay with its tall, narrow limestone peaks jutting out of the water, but instead of water, there were lush green rice fields. Also, less tourists... That's Tam Coc!
Why I'm Traveling the World... Indefinitely:
Thanks for watching! To see more, be sure to SUBSCRIBE:
I arrived in Ninh Binh after spending the night in a sleeper car on a train from Dong Hoi. I wasn't sure if I'd find a place to store my bag, but immediately I saw signs to a place that would take them and rent me a bike. From there, I rode to Tam Coc and found myself surrounded by an emerald dream. The landscape was absolutely stunning!
I made my way to Bich Dong Pagoda, the home of three historic temples built into a mountain. Then, I biked along the river to watch the tourists who rented boats float through the countryside. I took a break from bike riding to at Thai Vi Temple, a isolated, quiet retreat in the middle of a valley. And then I climbed up the most stunning view of Tam Coc at Hang Mua, where I got to take in all the the gorgeousness of this beautiful place.
My Thai Binh Province, Vietnam Experience | The Fickle Feet
I went to Thai Binh Province with my friend, Lien. It was a three-hour drive from Hanoi.
I tell stories about my travels at
LET’S STAY CONNECTED!
23 Things To Do In Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) Vietnam
►Read 23 Things to do in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam:
When I was in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), along with eating as much Vietnamese food as I could, one of my goals was to film a travel video about some of the best things to do in Saigon. After putting together a complete list, it turned out to be 23, and I hope this list of attractions will help and inspire you to visit Vietnam’s largest and most exciting city.
1. Binh Tay Market - Binh Tay Market is one of the largest wholesale distribution markets, and a perfect place to go if you’re looking to go shopping in Ho Chi Minh City.
2. Thien Hau Temple (Pagoda) - Located in Chinatown, in District 5, the temple is dedicated to Thien Hau and I really loved the sculptures and the elaborate design of the temple.
3. Museum of Ho Chi Minh City - This museum offers a glimpse into the history and development of the city and Vietnam.
4. Bitexco Financial Tower - This is the tallest building in Saigon, and you can either go to the Skydeck or a cafe at the top for a view of the city.
5. Independence Palace (Reunification Palace) - Probably one of the most well known tourism things to do in Saigon is to visit the Independence Palace, the the former home of the president of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War.
6. Saigon Cathedral of Notre Dame - With the French influence in Vietnam, the Notre Dame cathedral is a beautiful Catholic church. Attend a service or just visit.
7. Central Post Office - Designed by Gustave Eiffel, the Central Post Office in Ho Chi Minh City is an attraction mainly for its design and architecture. It’s a beautiful building.
8. War Remnants Museum - Although this is not one of the happiest attractions in Saigon, it’s a place to remember and honor the horrible events that are a result of a war.
9. Opera House - Right in Dong Khoi area, and there are still opera shows available.
10. Dong Khoi Street - This is the height of high end shopping in Saigon.
11. Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens - The zoo itself is not too great, but the beauty of the Saigon zoo is the botanical gardens, and the lush gardens, and taking a break from the city.
12. FITO Museum (Museum of Traditional Vietnamese Medicine) - I was quite impressed by the Vietnamese medicine private museum - very interactive and educational.
13. San Art Laboratory – If you love modern art, the San Art Laboratory is a great place to see and visit in Saigon.
14. Turtle Lake at Night - If you’re looking for some things to do at night in Saigon, head to Turtle Lake to chill out, relax, hang out with friends, and eat snacks.
15. Ben Thanh Market - One of the most famous things to do in Saigon District 1 is visit the Ben Thanh Market, one of the major central landmarks of the city.
16. Phu My Hung and Starlight Bridge - Located outside of central Ho Chi Minh City, Phu My Hung is a modern development, and a great place to walk around.
17. Water Puppet Show - Though originally from the north of Vietnam, water puppet shows are popular also in Saigon. I went to the Golden Dragon Water Puppet theater.
18. Museum of Vietnamese History - Probably one of the most extensive and important museum showing the history of Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City.
19. Rooftop Bar - Seeing Saigon from above offers a great perspective.
20. Fine Arts Museum - This was my favorite of all the museums in Saigon. The museum is housed in a well preserved building, and the art is amazing - located right in District 1 across the roundabout from Ben Thanh Market.
21. Jade Emperor Pagoda - Dedicated to the Jade Emperor, the pagoda has a real ancient feel to it, and it’s worth seeing when you visit.
22. Local Wet Market - One of my favorite things to do is visit a local fresh wet market, which you’ll find all over the city. The ingredients, food, and culture, all stand out at fresh markets.
23. Vietnamese Street Food - By my ultimate favorite activity in Saigon is eating street food, and there are an abundance of delicious Vietnamese street foods to sample.
Thank you for watching this video about the top 23 things to do in Saigon, Vietnam. I hope it has given you some great ideas to help you plan your visit.
Music in this video is from Audio Network
Filmed and created by Mark Wiens and Ying Wiens: & &
Make a donation:
►Get your FREE Saigon eBook:
Thai Binh Dream Hotel
We have the head office in Hanoi, branch in Danang city and another in Hochiminh city, ideality any contacts , We offer a wide variety of Vietnam hotels, resorts and accommodations with comprehensive and helpful information to assist you in making up your mind as where to stay, travel or visit while you are in Vietnam. We look forward to being able to offer you the best possible service at an affordable price.
Top Travel | Exploring the beauty of Thai Binh province
Thank you for your watching !
Please subscribe channel for update video !
Thank you !
Exploring the beauty of Thai Binh province
Nestled in the Red River Delta, Thai Binh province is known for vast rice fields made fertile by the alluvium of the Red River and two other rivers, the Hoa and the Luoc. The province was the cradle of Chèo, (Popular Theater) and also boasts a unique cuisine and Vietnam’s oldest temples and pagodas.
Thai Binh is 100 km - a two-hour drive - from Hanoi. The province deserves its name, which literally means “Peace”. The natural and historical richness of the Red River Delta make Thai Binh a relaxing destination for travelers seeking tranquility. Nguyen Van Nam is a resident of Thai Binh: Don’t look for beach resorts, restaurants or five-star luxury hotels in Thai Binh. Here you will find only green rice fields and small hotels. Here you can forget your daily routine and the dizzying life in the big cities. The peacefulness in Thai Binh is one of its biggest attractions”.
10 km from Thai Binh city is Dong Hung district, where tourists can discover the Red River culture in the cultural villages of Khuoc, Dong Cac, and Nguyen.
In Dong village, Dong Cac commune, visitors can attend a water puppet show and see how farmers handle the puppets. Dong village make the puppets themselves. Each puppet is a masterpiece of sculpture art. The puppet shows are accompanied by the exciting music of Cheo Popular Theater.
In Phong Chau commune, Dong Hung district, visitors are treated to Cheo performances by artists of Khuoc village who perform Cheo in the most natural and authentic way. Bui Van Ro is a Khuoc local: “Thai Binh and Ninh Binh are the two cradles of Vietnamese Cheo. The founder of the genre was from Thai Binh, so here, we still preserve the 28 most typical tunes of Cheo, which have not been popularized in other places and can only be sung by Khuoc people. Performing Cheo is not a livelihood but an ancestral art that we need to preserve”.
Thai Binh also boasts long beaches. In the past, Dong Chau beach in Tien Hai district was the most popular in the province. Now, the Con Van and Con Den Marine Ecological Sites, 30 km from Thai Binh City, are more popular.
Vu Dang Thien Ly is a guide at Con Den: “In Con Den, we do not have the clearest water or the finest sand in Vietnam. But our resort is romantic and peaceful. There, you will have a beautiful view of sunrise and sunset”.
Ninh Binh, Vietnam | A Tour of the Bai Dinh Pagoda
A tour of the Bai Dinh Buddhist temple complex near Ninh Binh, Vietnam.
Support Gabriel's videos on Patreon:
NEED GEAR FOR YOUR ADVENTURES? Visit Gabriel's Amazon e-store for ideas:
PLANNING A BUDGET TRAVELING TRIP? Gabe's Guide to Budget Travel is a guidebook that's packed with practical travel info. For more info CLICK HERE:
Or check out Following My Thumb, Gabriel's book of adventure travel stories:
More books by Gabriel Morris:
Get a Gabriel Traveler t-shirt!
Follow on Instagram:
Join the Love of Travel Facebook group:
Gabriel's travel page on Facebook:
Follow on Twitter:
Lots more adventure travel at:
Music during the video (in order):
Asian Celebration 3 by Bo Jarpehag
T Drone 5 by Teddy Bergstrom
Video created by Gabriel Morris, who is the owner of all video or photo content. Filmed with a GoPro Hero 7 Black:
My travel gear:
Main traveling backpack:
Smaller day pack:
Universal socket adapter:
Need TRAVEL INSURANCE? Here's the company I use:
Gabriel is a world traveler and travel writer who has been adventuring around the world off and on since his first trip to Europe in the summer of 1990 when he was 18 years old. He is author of Gabe's Guide to Budget Travel, Following My Thumb and several other books available on Amazon.com and elsewhere.
Thanks a lot for watching and safe journeys!
Ninh Binh, Vietnam | A Tour of the Bai Dinh Pagoda
Bai Dinh Pagoda & Trang An Eco-Tourism Complex Day Trip from Hanoi | Vietnam
• Bai Dinh Pagoda & Trang An Eco-Tourism Complex Day Trip from Hanoi | Vietnam. all videos taken by me
• I love making videos, they allow you to always remember amazing experiences, hope you enjoy.
• Instagram: Ronsbeenhere
• Facebook: Ronsbeenhere
Music by Epidemic Sound (
The Trang An Tourism Complex in the northern province of Ninh Binh was officially included in the world heritage list on June 23 by the UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee. It includes 47 historical vestiges with many mysterious things, with limestone mountains, valleys and underground river systems. With hundreds of statues, Bai Dinh (Gia Vien, Ninh Binh) is considered one of the biggest Pagoda and has the most statues in Vietnam.
Duration: 8-9 hours
8:30: pick up at the hotel to depart for Ninh Binh province (100km) for day tour of Bai Dinh pagoda & Trang An ecosystem. spend time to visit the Buddha Prayer place in Bai Dinh Pagoda, the biggest pagoda in Vietnam with 500 La Han statues, biggest bronze Buddha statue in Vietnam with 10 meters height, 100 tons weight.
Have lunch at local restaurant with some local special dishes such as Goat meat with elderberry, pork storage vessel.
Continue to visit Trang An Scenic Landscape complex nearby which recently recognized as an UNESCO World natural heritage, get on a rowing boat (small sampan) traveling along the small river with scenic mountain and green fields landscape. Boat takes you to visit cave complex of Trang An: Sang Cave, Toi Cave, Ba Giot Cave, Nau Ruou in mystery and wildness, the scenery of mountain and rivers – Halong on land of Ninh Binh.
Bike tour in the country side.
Late afternoon, drive back to the hotel in Hanoi.
End this tour of Trang An – Bai Dinh Pagoda around 18.00.
Hoa Lu | Ninh Binh | Vietnam | 25th November 2016 |
Hoa Lư was the capital of Vietnam in the 10th and 11th centuries. It lies in Truong Yen Thuong village, Truong Yen Commune, Hoa Lư District, Ninh Bình Province, Vietnam. The area is one of ricefields broken by picturesque limestone mountains, and is approximately 90 km south of Hanoi. Together with Phát Diệm Cathedral, Tam Cốc-Bích Động, Bái Đính Temple, Trang An, and Cúc Phương, Hoa Lư is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Ninh Bình Province.Thank you for visiting my channel.
Hoa Lu era l'antica capitale di tre dinastie della storia del Vietnam: la dinastia Đinh, la dinastia Lê e la dinastia Ly. Da questa capitale, il Dai Viet (l'antico regno del Vietnam) condusse alcune campagne vittoriose contro la Cina e i Champa. Nel 1010 Ly Cong Uan decise di trasferire la capitale del Dai Viet a Thang Long (oggi Hanoi).Oggi Hoa Lu è uno dei più importanti siti storici del Vietnam, ed è anche una delle più popolari destinazioni turistiche del paese. Nella città si trovano molti edifici storici, templi e pagode, tra le quali la pagoda di Bai Dinh, la più grande del Vietnam. Ci sono anche alcune grotte e caverne nelle zone circostanti.Hoa Lu si trova in provincia di Ninh Binh, circa 120 km a sud di Hanoi, a 10 km dal capoluogo di provincia.Grazie per aver visitato il mio canale.
#wolfadventures #vietnam #travel
Camera: Sony A5100
GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition - Gopro Hero 4 Session -
Gimbal: Feiyu Tech G4 3 Axis Gimbal -
UNKNOWN Vietnamese Delicacies in Ninh Binh, Vietnam!
TOP 6 Vietnamese Street Food Must Try | WATCH BEFORE YOU GO｜Vietnam Series Ep. 3
Vietnamese Street Food is amazing and I wanted to share my Top Vietnam Food that you you must-try in this video. Definitely, watch before you go, especially if you are interesting in eating Street Food in Da Nang Vietnam. The Street Food in Vietnam rivals some of the best Street Food in the World and is unique in it's own right. I share some of my favorite Street Food in Vietnam like Vietnamese pho, Vietnamese Banh Mi, Vietnamese Banh Beo and Vietnamese Banh Xeo. The video takes places in the city of Da Nang in Vietnam but most of these foods can be found all throughout Vietnam. This Food Tour in Vietnam should provide a great Vietnamese Food Guide for first time travelers to the country. Some of these food are exotic vietnamese food. This video is part of my Vietnam Series so if you like this video, please check out my other Vietnam videos, especially if you will be in the Da Nang area as this is also a Food Tour in Da Nang. Overall, my favorite top picks if you are looking to get a better picture of what kind of food Vietnam has to offer.
Vietnamese Street Food Tour Time Stamps
0:36 - #6. Vietnamese Pho Noodles
2:50 - #5. Vietnamese Com Ga Chicken Rice
Cơm gà A.Hải
4:16 - #4. Vietnamese Banh Mi
Banh Mi AA Happy Bread
6:38 - #3. Seafood
Hải sản Bé Anh
10:01 - #2. Hue Cuisine (Banh Beo , Banh Ram It , banh bot loc , etc.)
13:09 - #1. Banh Xeo
Bánh Xèo Bà Dưỡng
Bánh mì or banh mi refers to a kind of sandwich that consists of a Vietnamese single-serving baguette, also called bánh mì in Vietnamese, which is split lengthwise and filled with various savory ingredients.
A typical Vietnamese sandwich is a fusion of meats and vegetables from native Vietnamese cuisine such as chả lụa (pork sausage), coriander leaf (cilantro), cucumber, pickled carrots, cabbage, and daikon combined with condiments from French cuisine such as pâté, along with jalapeño and mayonnaise. However, a wide variety of popular fillings are used, from xíu mại to ice cream. In Vietnam, sandwiches are typically eaten for breakfast or as a snack; they are considered too dry for lunch or dinner.
Bánh xèo [ɓǎjŋ̟ sɛ̂w], literally sizzling pancake, named for the loud sizzling sound it makes when the rice batter is poured into the hot skillet is a Vietnamese savory fried pancake made of rice flour, water, and turmeric powder. It is stuffed with individual preferences, and served vegetarian or with meat. Some common stuffings include: pork, shrimp, diced green onion, mung bean, and bean sprouts.
--- Channel Support ---
Want to help SUPPORT my channel, buy me a BEER or Maiko and I DINNER? Thank you in advance!
- Venmo: PaolofromTokyo (venmo.com/paolofromtokyo)
- Bitcoin: 1AUZW1Emio4qtRiBir3EUDey1zi3ssoRsw
Check out one of the SHIRTS I wear in my videos
----- Business -----
Want to send me stuff? I'll open it on the Vlog.
Want me to feature your business in my video?
---- Help me with Translations? ------
----- For more info about me -----
I'm from TOKYO JAPAN, I've been living here for a long time. I'll be your Tokyo Travel Guide and show you things to do here as well as show you what to do all around Japan and anywhere else I travel to. I'm also into Tech so you'll see a few videos about my drone and other cool toys I discover. To break it down, the channel is all about Tokyo, Street Food, Travel and Tech.
----- My Film Gear -----
- Main Camera
- Main Wide Lens
- Main Tripod Lens
- Wireless Mic
- Mobile TriPod
- Drone (Original)
- Small TriPod
- For a complete list of my gear: