2. Corinth Civil War Interpretive CenterCorinth The Second Battle of Corinth was fought October 3–4, 1862, in Corinth, Mississippi. For the second time in the Iuka-Corinth Campaign, Union Maj. Gen. William Rosecrans defeated a Confederate army, this time one under Maj. Gen. Earl Van Dorn. After the Battle of Iuka, Maj. Gen. Sterling Price marched his army to meet with Van Dorn's. The combined force, known as the Army of West Tennessee, was put under the command of the more senior Van Dorn. The army moved in the direction of Corinth, a critical rail junction in northern Mississippi, hoping to disrupt Union lines of communications and then sweep into Middle Tennessee. The fighting began on October 3 as the Confederates pushed the U.S. Army from the rifle pits originally constructed by the Confederates for the Siege of Corinth. The Confe... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Shiloh National Military ParkShiloh Shiloh National Military Park preserves the American Civil War Shiloh and Corinth battlefields. The main section of the park is in the unincorporated town of Shiloh, about nine miles south of Savannah, Tennessee, with an additional area located in the city of Corinth, Mississippi, 23 miles southwest of Shiloh. The Battle of Shiloh began a six-month struggle for the key railroad junction at Corinth. Afterward, Union forces marched from Pittsburg Landing to take Corinth in a May siege, then withstood an October Confederate counter-attack. The visitor center provides exhibitions, films and a self-guided Auto Tour. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Loretta Lynn's RanchHurricane Mills Loretta Lynn is an American country music singer-songwriter with multiple gold albums in a career spanning almost 60 years. She is famous for hits such as You Ain't Woman Enough , Don't Come Home A' Drinkin' , One's on the Way, Fist City, and Coal Miner's Daughter along with the 1980 biographical film of the same name. Lynn has received numerous awards and other accolades for her groundbreaking role in country music, including awards from both the Country Music Association and Academy of Country Music as a duet partner and an individual artist. She is the most awarded female country recording artist and the only female ACM Artist of the Decade . Lynn, has sold more than 45 million albums worldwide, scored 24 number one hit singles, and 11 number one albums. Lynn continues to tour, appear a... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. David Crockett State ParkLawrenceburg Tennessee Lawrenceburg is a city in Lawrence County, Tennessee, United States, Lawrenceburg is the largest city on the state line between Chattanooga and Memphis. It is situated on the banks of Shoal Creek. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city's population was 10,428 in 2010, with an estimate of over 14,736 as of the end of 2016. Lawrenceburg is the county seat of Lawrence County. The city is named after War of 1812 American Navy officer James Lawrence. Located around 80 miles southwest of Nashville at the junction of U.S. Routes 43 and 64, Lawrenceburg is called the Crossroads of Dixie. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Discovery Park of AmericaUnion City Tennessee The United States Capitol rotunda is the central rotunda of the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C.. Located below the Capitol dome , the later construction also extended the height of rotunda walls, it is the tallest part of the Capitol and has been described as its symbolic and physical heart. The rotunda is connected by corridors leading south to the House of Representatives and north, to the Senate chambers. To the immediate south of the rotunda is the semi-circular National Statuary Hall, which until 1857 was the House of Representatives chamber. To the northeast of the rotunda is the Old Senate Chamber, used by the Senate until 1859 and by the Supreme Court of the United States until 1935. The rotunda is 96 feet in diameter and rises 48 feet to the top of its original walls and... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Civil War Driving Tour - Henderson County, Tennessee
Tour the Tennessee River Valley in Tennessee for Civil War historical attractions. This portion of the video is for Henderson County, Tennessee.