MIRISSA, SRI LANKA - THE END OF THE SOUTH COAST | VLOG #35
Mirissa is one of the most popular beach towns of Sri Lanka, mostly for activities such as Mirissa beach, whale watching dolphin watching. As usual we went out looking for less touristy spots and actually found a beautiful spot called Secret Beach. We also went to explore the main beach of Mirissa and shine some light on the 'boobs' and 'ass' shape of that. You'll see in the video what we mean with that.
10 Best Beaches in Sri Lanka - East/South/West Coast (Tropical Escape #2)
In this episode I show you the best beaches in Sri Lanka from the west coast over the south coast to the lesser know east coast - along the way we sample some street food and checkout the wildlife.
My Guide for Sri Lanka:
--- equipment used to produce this video ---
Cam1:Sony A7 II
Cam2: Sony NEX 5
Drone: Phantom 3 Pro
Drone Backpack: Manfrotto D1
Audio Recorder: Zoom H2n
SDHC Memory Card
Waterproof Memory Card Case
Backpack Osprey Farpoint 40
Sri Lanka is a year-round holiday destination with two monsoon seasons and is home to some incredible beaches on both sides of the island. If you want to go to the south and west coast of Sri Lanka the best time to visit is from December to April. For the east coast the time between April and August is best.
We start our journey in Beruwala and Bentota, this very long sand beach is without any doubt one of the most beautiful beaches in Sri Lanka and only a 2h drive from the capital. The next stops are the beaches of Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna close to Galle.
Further down south you can find Mirissa, a relaxed little town which is a popular starting point for whale watching, too. Afterwards it’s time to spot some wildlife in the Yala National Park which has also a beach...but swimming is not allowed, so we’ll go for a leopard safari instead.
The east coast of Sri Lanka is still fairly unknown, therefore I decided to show you this part of the island more in-depth starting with Arugam Bay, a popular surf spot. Pasikudah is a longer drive to the north which is totally worth it - the locals even state it is the most beautiful beach in Sri Lanka!
Our last stop is Trincomalee in the north east of the country with its wide beaches of Uppuveli and Nilaveli. A short boat ride off the main land you should visit Pigeon island which has not only a beautiful beach but an incredible maritime life…so make sure to bring some snorkeling gear!
This part of the trip was executed within 2weeks by using buses, trains, cars and a domestic flight (Trincomalee-Colombo) - following I list all the places I visited & Things to do on the coast of Sri Lanka:
- Yala & Yala National Park
- Arugam Bay
- Batticaloa & Kattankudy
- Kumana National Park
- Kudumbigala sanctuary
- Pigeon Island
---About the Tropical Escape---
Sri Lanka is an island country in South East Asia which has maritime borders with India to the northwest and the Maldives to the southwest. After a 30 year long civil war which ended in 2009 the diverse country is now opening up more an more for tourism. The goal of this series is to give you an introduction to the country and the neighboring Maldives.
I'm excited to share all my experiences in Sri Lanka & the Maldives over the course of the next 3-4 weeks with you. In the next episodes I will take you to the south and east coast of Sri Lanka - we will go on an leopard safari, will eat the local street food and enjoy the beaches in Trincomalee as well as Arugam Bay.
The production of this series was supported by:
--- my travel equipment ---
Online Language Course
The whole trip was executed over the course of altogether 4 weeks. The Tropical Escape is a video series which sums up 2 trips to the region - one in 2014 (Sri Lanka) and the latest in 2016 (East Coast of Sri Lanka & The Maldives).
My personal recommendations for Hotels & Hostels:
12 things you shouldn't miss in Sri Lanka - Lonely Planet's Best in Travel
With untouched golden beaches to discover, atmospheric train rides through tea-carpeted hills, and ancient temples to admire, Sri Lanka is Lonely Planet's top country to travel to in 2019. Here are 12 more reasons to visit next year.
Find the full list of Best in Travel 2019 destinations at
10 Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka - Travel Video
Sri Lanka may be a small island in the Indian Ocean but that’s the only thing small about it. The country, formerly known as Ceylon, boasts an ancient civilization, golden sandy beaches with their swaying coconut palms, mountains, and tea plantations. While visiting the island, you’ll see colonial architecture from the days when the Portuguese, Dutch and English ruled. You’ll also see lots of elephants, some of which participate in local festivals and, if you’re lucky, perhaps a leopard or two at a wildlife sanctuary. Here’s a look at the best places to visit in Sri Lanka:
BEST SPOTS IN MIRISSA · COCONUT HIlLL & SECRET BEACH | TRAVEL VLOG #52
We really enjoyed our time in Mirissa on the south coast of Sri Lanka! In this video we show you some of our favourite places in Mirissa, including the beautiful (and very instagrammable) Coconut Hill.
⇢ Subscribe for more videos —
Hi there! I'm Anne-Li – Danish girl, globetrotter, travel vlogger, blogger and digital nomad traveling the world with my partner in crime and long-term boyfriend Mathias. Spending a month in Budapest every summer taught us that traveling does not have to be expensive and that slow travel is the way to go – for us. We have been traveling full-time since September 2016, and we usually base ourselves in one place for at least a month or two. This way of traveling is not only budget friendly – it also means that we can take our time and really explore and enjoy the place we're in. We eat local food, shop at local markets, meet local people and enjoy experiencing different cultures – all the while seeking out the best wifi and exploring everything there is to explore. Everyday is another adventure, and we’d love for you to be part of it!
⇢ Get $35USD Free When You Sign up for AirBnB here —
⇢ Get $15USD Free When You Sign up for Booking.com –
⇢ Amazon – Main Camera:
⇢ Amazon – Main Lens:
⇢ Amazon – Phone and Secondary Camera:
I N S T A G R A M:
B L O G:
F A C E B O O K:
M U S I C
Top 13 Places to Visit in Sri Lanka | Best Attractions of Sri Lanka | Best Beaches Of Sri Lanka
► Please Remember to Subscribe! ►
► Follow me on Twitter:
My personal top Top 13 Places to visit in Sri Lanka and best to do in Sri Lanka that shouldn’t be missed when visiting. This video can be your Sri Lanka travel guide to plan your trip to Sri Lanka. These are again some of the best places to visit in Sri Lanka
Here are few of the best tourist attractions in Sri Lanka. And best things to do in Sri Lanka
1. Kandy to Ella Train: Taking the train is the most comfortable way to travel. You can meet other travelers and locals, read, listen to music, relax and watch the landscape. Train travel in Sri Lanka is both a beautiful and affordable way to see the country, and no trip is more scenic than the train from Ella to Kandy.
2. Lover's Leap Waterfall (Nuwara Eliya): This a pretty little fall, and the walk is quite pleasant. Plan it for the morning when it's clear.
3. The Single Tree Hill: The word “Single Tree” has been in existence from time immemorial. An excellent view of the sunrise can be seen from the top of this mountain. Situated 6890 ft above mean sea level and takes about 90 minutes to reach the top. Single Tree hill is the best vantage point to observe the beauty of Nuwara Eliya and the beauty of Haggala Mountain range.
4. Ramboda Waterfall (Nuwara Eliya): Ramboda Falls is 109 m high and 11th highest waterfall in Sri Lanka and 729th highest waterfall in the world. It is situated in Pussellawa area, on the A5 highway at Ramboda Pass.
5. Little Adam's Peak: The Little Adam`s Peak, 1141 m high, is fairly easy to climb, with a good path all the way up. The trip is about 2-3 hours in total. It is not a challenging hike and it`s quite short, but gives you a good impression of the landscape around Ella and the view is fantastic!
6. Pidurangala Rock: Pidurangala is a massive rock formation located a few kilometers north of Sigiriya in Sri Lanka. It has an interesting history closely related to that of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress. Pidurangala was formed by volcanic activity.
7. Horton's Plain: Horton Plains is a beautiful, silent, strange world with some excellent hikes in the shadows of Sri Lanka’s second- and third-highest mountains, Kirigalpotta (2395m) and Totapola (2359m). The ‘plains’ themselves form an undulating plateau over 2000m high, covered by wild grasslands and interspersed with patches of thick forest, rocky outcrops, filigree waterfalls and misty lakes. The surprising diversity of the landscape is matched by the wide variety of wildlife.
8. The World's End: The walk to World’s End is 4km, but the trail loops back to Baker’s Falls (2km) and continues back to the entrance (another 3.5km). The 9.5km round trip takes a leisurely three hours. Unless you get there early the view from World’s End is often obscured by mist.
9. Ella Rock: Ella Rock is a famous cliff, located high above Ella’s village, roughly a two hours strenuous trek from the center of town. The rock offers stunning views across the hill country and the plains below.
10. Jaffna Fort: Situated on the south side of the Jaffna peninsula at the water’s edge of the lagoon, the ancient Jaffna Fort is the second largest existing fort in the Island. Originally built by the Portuguese in 1619 and re-built and expanded by the Dutch during the second half of the 17th and the 18th centuries to facilitate trading activities of Sri Lanka’s northern region indicate not only of Jaffna’s strategic importance to Europeans but its significance throughout Sri Lanka’s history.
11. Mirissa Beach: Mirissa is 4km southeast of Weligama, and is another quickly developing crescent of beach.
12. Kankesanthurai or KSS Beach: KKS is considered to be one of the best beaches in the Northern Province; the other being Casuarina Beach. Untouched and less crowded this strip of shore provides unique experiences that one can only find in this northernmost coast. It is one where visitors step into pristine waters and enjoy a swim in the hopes of cooling off after a long day of exploring the town in the sun.
13. Whale Watching: The best place to spot whales is in Mirissa, a small tourist town on Sri Lanka’s south coast, popular for surfing and famous for whale watching.
14. Galle: The seaside town of Galle is 116 Km away from Colombo.
This video is just an iota of all the fun I had in my 15 days of my solo backpacking travel to Sri Lanka, not to mentioned under 500$. I traveled from the central to the bottom and then to the top covering as much ground as I could. I tried to fit as much as I could in this video. However, there is a lot I would love to share but I have kept it for my blog. I would be mentioning the itinerary that followed. If you consider this video interesting. Please like, comment and subscribe to my channel.
You can also go through my blog for my previous trips here:
13 DAYS IN SRI LANKA - HIGHLIFE - LUXURY TRAVEL GUIDE
We hope you liked our video, below we have listed our full itinerary and booking links for accommodation, activities, bars & restaurants.
Day 1: Negombo
St. Sebastian’s Church
Day 2: Negombo
River Boat Cruise: Organised by Waterland Resort.
Day 3: Pinnawala
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage:
Day 4: Ginigathena
The Tree House:
The Tree House Adventure: Organised by the on-site manager
Day 5: Ramboda
The Tea Bush Hotel:
Day 6: Ella
Little Adam's Peak:
Nine Arch Bridge:
Day 7: Yala
Yala National Park:
Day 8: Tangalle
Day 9: Tangalle
Day 10: Mirissa
Surf Shack Restaurant and Bar:
Day 11: Mirissa
You can find this viewpoint at the end of the main beach if you climb up the rocks. (Google Maps: 5°56'27.1N 80°27'53.1E)
Zephyr Restaurant & Bar
Day 12: Unawatuna
Brix Bar & Restaurant:
Day 13: Hikkaduwa
Mammas Coral Beach Restaurant:
Please leave any feedback or recommendations for future locations
Top10 Recommended Hotels in Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Subscribe to the channel
Top10 Recommended Hotels in Mirissa, Sri Lanka
1. Mirissa Harbour View
2. Morning Star **
3. Esprit d'Ici Hotel ***
4. Handagedara Colonial Villa **
5. Hangover Hostels Mirissa
6. Sanovin **
7. SunRay Rest - Beach View Homestay
8. Seaworld Resort ***
9. Serenity Resort ***
10. Paradise Beach Club ***
1. Mirissa Harbour View , Harbour Road , Mirissa, 81740 Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Situated in Mirissa in the Matara District Region, 1 km from Whale Watching Mirissa, Mirissa Harbour View features a private beach area and water sports facilities.
2. Bandaramulla, Mirissa, Sri Lanka, 81740 Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Situated 1 km from whale watching at Mirissa Lagoon, Morning Star Guest House offers a spacious common living area with plush sofas, a flat-screen TV, and a seaview balcony.
3. Bandaramulla, 81740 Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Esprit d'Ici is located in Mirissa South. It features dining options and an outdoor swimming pool overlooking the lush tropical foliage beyond.
4. Harbour Rd, Mirissa, 81740 Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Handagedara Colonial Villa is a cosy property situated just 100 metres from the Mirissa Beach. Guests enjoy free Wi-Fi access at all areas and tastefully furnished guestrooms.
5. Matara Road, 81740 Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Hangover Hostels Mirissa offers clean and comfortable accommodation in Mirissa North. The hostel is a 2-minute walk from the picturesque Mirissa Beach.
6. sanovin,sri ramya junction,udupila,mirissa, 81740 Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Offering a restaurant, Sanovin is located in Mirissa South. The Mirissa Beach and the Mirissa Bus Station are within 350 metres. Free WiFi access is available.
7. 205 Galle Matara Main Road Bandaramulla, 81740 Mirissa, Sri Lanka
SunRay Rest - Beach View Homestay is an affordable accommodation situated just a few steps away from the beautiful bronzed sands of Mirissa Beach.
8. Bandaramulla, Mirissa, 81740 Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Offering an outdoor swimming pool and beach front, Seaworld Resort provides 24-hour front desk for the convenience of the guests. Free WiFi access is available in this resort.
9. Salamangewatta,Bandaramulla, 81740 Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Offering a restaurant, Serenity Resort is located in Mirissa. The beautiful Mirissa Beach is just 10 metres away. Free WiFi access is available. Each room here will provide you with air conditioning.
10. 140, Ven.Gunasirinahimi Mawatha, Mirissa, 81740 Mirissa, Sri Lanka
Paradise Beach Club features a beach facing outdoor pool with spa pool surrounded by palm trees and sun loungers.
10 Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka Travel
Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka & Tourist Attractions in Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka Travel Guide and Tips.
Copyright: Video created by: Bynn Du
Thank For Creative Commons of Authors:
Music: YouTube Audio Library
Title: Italian Morning
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (
Artists: Twin Musicom (
Creative Commons Photos:
10. Nuwara Eliya
Patty Ho: flickr.com/photos/patio/8512600369
Kirk Siang: flickr.com/photos/kirksiang/23883080209
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5089240845
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5113422444
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5734959833
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5739960553
Jérôme Decq: flickr.com/photos/lesphotosdejerome/8400096116
Jérôme Decq: flickr.com/photos/lesphotosdejerome/8399007745
Falco Ermert: flickr.com/photos/132646954@N02/29448586463
Falco Ermert: flickr.com/photos/132646954@N02/29779088050
5. Yala National Park
Patty Ho: flickr.com/photos/patio/8520956407
Patty Ho: flickr.com/photos/patio/8514843858
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5106466771
Hafiz Issadeen: flickr.com/photos/yimhafiz/5111251936
Patty Ho: flickr.com/photos/patio/8527839779
Patty Ho: flickr.com/photos/patio/8527954907
Brian Sloan: flickr.com/photos/bsloan/37134862801
Chamara Samaraweera: flickr.com/photos/137620268@N03/24254949281
f. ermert: flickr.com/photos/132646954@N02/29448590113
10 days in SRI LANKA - The unknown spots
Sri Lanka is crazy beautiful. It's even more beautiful than the normal spots we always see like Kandy, Ella and the south coast. In this video, we delve into the unvisited and unchartered territory that don't appear in your usual travel recommendations.
Follow me on Instagram: @markharrison4
Additional drone clips by @solhaugen... give him a look!
Additional dslr clips by @valdays... also a beast!
DRONE ND's: MARKHARRISON code 10% off
WIDE PHONE LENS: 10%code MARKHARRISON
VIDEO EDITING SOFWARE:
PHOTO EDITING SOFTWARE:
Save $10 on check out with the code MARK10
MY TRAVEL INSURANCE -