Top Things To Do in Paphos // CYPRUS TRAVEL GUIDE
From ancient historical and UNESCO World Heritage Sites, to beautiful Blue Lagoons and gorgeous beaches to the best places to eat and explore - here's my pick of the top things to do in Paphos Cyprus.
Places visited: The Blue Lagoon, Coral Cover, Pauls Pillar, Paphos Harbour, Paphos fort, the Mosaics World Heritage Site, the Memory Tree and more!!
Subscribe here: youtube.com/user/janetnewenham?sub_confirmation=1
$30 FREE Airbnb credit:
Paphos, Cyprus 2017
In this part of my Cyprus road trip series, I’m in Paphos (Pafos) on the south-west coast of Cyprus. Paphos is this year’s European Capital of Culture and there are lots of things to do and see. Paphos is known for the ancient mosaics in Kato Paphos, the Paphos Castle and the beautiful boardwalk with dozens of cafés and restaurants. The upper part of town, around 3 km away from the Kato Paphos area, was undergoing renovation works during my visit and there was not a lot going on. I’m sure there will be many events and new shops once the renovation works are finished.
Follow me on my one-week road trip across the island of CYPRUS in February 2017 - visiting Larnaca, Cape Greko, Ayia Napa, Nissi Beach, Nicosia (Lefkosia/Lefkoşa), Troodos Mountains, Paphos, Petra tou Romiou (Aphrodite's Rock), Kourion, Limassol and Governor's Beach.
Part 1 (Larnaca):
Part 2 (Ayia Napa, Cape Greko, Nissi Beach):
Part 3 (Nicosia):
Part 4 (Troodos Mountains):
Part 6 - the last episode - will feature Petra tou Romiou (Aphrodite's Rock), Kourion, Limassol and Governor's Beach
My Future by Artificial.Music
Creative Commons — Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 Unported— CC BY-SA 3.0
CYPRUS: Paphos city (Pafos) [HD]
More videos of Cyprus:
Paphos (Greek: Pafos) is a coastal city in the southwest of Cyprus and the capital of Paphos District. The town of Paphos is included in the official UNESCO list of cultural and natural treasures of the world's heritage.
The remains of villas, palaces, theatres, fortresses and tombs of the Classical, Hellenistic and Roman periods mean that the site is of exceptional architectural and historic value.
Archaeologists report that the site of Paphos has been inhabited since the Neolithic period. It was a centre of the cult of Aphrodite and of pre-Hellenic fertility deities. Aphrodite's mythical birthplace was on this island, where her temple was erected by the Myceneans in the 12th century BC.
New Paphos (Nea Pafos), the currently inhabited town, lays about 12 km northwest of the old city Paphos, which now is the archaeological site of Palaepaphos, Kouklia.
The economy of Paphos depends largely on tourism and there are four resorts in the district: Kato Paphos, Coral Bay, Latchi, and Aphrodite Hills. The largest by far is Kato Paphos which employs over half of Paphos' population. Farming, especially banana, grape and tobacco cultivation, also contributes significantly to the economy of Paphos.
Paphos enjoys a subtropical-Mediterranean climate, with the mildest temperatures on the island. The greatest amounts of precipitation mainly occur from mid-November to March. It almost never rains in the summer. In July and August, humidity measurements can go up to 85%.
Paphos Castle was originally built as a Byzantine fort to protect the harbour. It was then rebuilt by the Lusignans in the thirteenth century after being destroyed in the earthquake of 1222. In 1570 it was dismantled by the Venetians. After capturing the island, the Ottomans restored and strengthened it. Throughout the ages it has seen many uses. It has served as a fortress, a prison and even a warehouse for salt during the British occupation of the island. More recently the castle serves as a backdrop to the annual open air Paphos cultural festival which takes place in September.
May 11 & 20, 2015
5 Best Places to Visit in Cyprus | Europe | Love Is Vacation
5 Best Places to Visit in Cyprus
Just south of Turkey, and in the far eastern corner of the Mediterranean Sea, is the island of Cyprus. The island is a mixing pot of cultures that is technically geographically located in Asia but has clear ties to Europe. Cyprus is well known for its warm weather and scenic beaches, but that isn’t everything the island has to offer. You’ll also find quaint historic villages, ancient ruins, incredible mountains and wonderful, vibrant cities. See it all by incorporating as many of the best places to visit in Cyprus
2 Ayia Napa
GET MORE INFORMATION - Subscribe ➜
SHARE this Video: ➜
Thanks for watching video about Best Places to Visit in Cyprus
Also check another playlists..
Tourist Attraction in United States ➜
Tourist Attraction in America ➜
Tourist Attractions in Asia ➜
Tourist Attractions in Europe ➜
Tourist Attraction in Australia ➜
If you have any issue with the content used in my channel or you find something that belongs to you, before you claim it to youtube, please SEND ME A MESSAGE and i will DELETE it right away. Thanks for understanding.
Discover Cyprus - Best Places to Visit in Cyprus 2019 | Cyprus Travel Guide 2019
Check out my Discover Cyprus - Best Places to Visit in Cyprus 2019 | Cyprus Travel Video 2019 video
Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean Sea and its beaches are absolutely amazing. Crystal clear sea along with tidy and neat beaches will make you feel like you are in a paradise on Earth. And when you add the fact that the most of the year is sunny, you’ll get the recipe for an unforgettable experience.
Cyprus has one of the oldest histories dating as far back as 1100 BC. Try taking a trip to Salamis, a city which was once host to successive superpowers including Assyrians, Egyptians, Persians and Romans; or opt for Soli, an ancient Cypriot city kingdom located near Lefke and linked with St Mark. Though excavation in Soli is yet to be completed, there are a number of ancient churches, museums and other monuments are scattered across the island.
‘The Power Of Will’ By ‘Ivan Torrent Ft. Gaby Koss’
Buy the Album 'REVERIE' here: iTunes - Bandcamp -
Top Beautiful Places Of Cyprus
Fall in love with Aphrodite's isle, where legend has it the goddess of love arose from the waves, and discover ancient UNESCO-listed sites, wonderful beaches and crystal clear waters. Although compact, this attractive island offers a rich variety of landscapes from pine-clad mountains to golden sandy beaches.
The Best Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus
Paphos is a coastal city in the southwest of Cyprus and the capital of Paphos District. Near Palaepaphos (Old Paphos) at the seaside of Petra tou Romiou is the modern mythical birthplace of Aphrodite. In Greco-Roman times, Paphos was the island's capital, and it is well known for the remains of the Roman governor's palace, where extensive, fine mosaics are a major tourist attraction. Paul the Apostle visited the town during the first century AD. The town of Paphos is included in the official UNESCO list of cultural and natural treasures of the world's heritage.
The Best Hotels in Paphos:
- Almyra. Set in tropical gardens overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, Almyra Hotel is just a 5-minute walk away from Paphos Harbour. It offers rooms with free Wi-Fi, 4 freshwater pools and a spa. Almyra’s air-conditioned rooms are spacious and come with either floor-to-ceiling windows, balconies or terraces overlooking the garden or the Mediterranean Sea. The hotel's spa offers holistic treatments and massage, together with a sauna and gym.
- Amphora Hotel & Suites. Enjoying a beachfront location at the ex SODAP Winery, Amphora Hotel & Suites offers accommodation with unobstructed sea views set amidst landscaped gardens. It includes a kidney-shaped pool, a restaurant and a lounge bar. The castle and harbour of Paphos are a short walk away. Guests can enjoy Cypriot and international flavours at the on-site restaurant or relax with a cocktail at the lounge bar.
- Capital Coast Resort & Spa. This beachfront resort has a Spa, featuring a hot tub, hammam, sauna and massage treatments. The bright guest rooms have contemporary and elegant décor. The hotel offers an outdoor pool bar and a roof top bar with views over the Mediterranean Sea. With 2 pools, a gym with cardio-fitness activities, and a tennis court, the resort provides an array of in-house activities. Diving and snorkeling services are available at the nearby beach.
- Dionysos Central. Dionysos Central is situated in the centre of Kato Paphos, 5 minutes’ walk from the harbour and Medieval Castle. It features 5 restaurant-and-bar venues, and a pool with sun-lounger terrace. The spacious and bright guest rooms are air conditioned with satellite TV. The hotel’s entertainment program includes bingo, quizzes, silk painting, aerobics and aqua aerobics. Nature walks around the ancient sights, and visits to wineries are organized.
- Elysium. The 5-star Elysium hotel is situated on the Paphos beachfront, adjacent to the Tombs of the Kings. It features ornate furnishings and sunset views across the Mediterranean from the terrace. All accommodations include a balcony or terrace with picturesque views of the lush grounds or the Mediterranean Sea. The Elysium features a stunning multi-level outdoor pool, including a hydro-massage area. The Opium Health Spa provides a wide choice of treatments with elements of aromatherapy and hydrotherapy. Elysium has 2 tennis courts, a scuba diving center and a gym.
Subsribe on Happy Traveler -
Paphos, Cyprus 2018
Music - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay - Something Just Like This
Paphos - Coral Bay + Shopping Mall - Cyprus - Dec. 2016
I created this video with the YouTube Video Editor (
Visit Cyprus: Things to do in Cyprus - Island of Love
Cyprus - Aphrodite Birth place - Most beautiful tourist attraction presentation.
Top 10 traveler attraction of Cyprus.