10 Top Tourist Attractions in Istanbul - Travel Video
Istanbul is a city that wears its cultures and history well, blending them into an exciting city that has much to offer travelers from around the world. Founded during Neolithic times, Istanbul today is a modern city that remains true to its historic heritage through its mosques, basilicas and ancient bazaars. Standing between the East and the West, Turkey’s largest city offers an aura of intrigue and charm that will appeal to all visitors. Here’s a look at the top tourist attractions in Istanbul:
Top 15 Places to See in Istanbul, Turkey
Top 15 Places to See in Istanbul, Turkey
SUBSCRIBE & CLICK THE BELL ►
TRAVEL HUSTLE REPEAT GEAR ►
MY FILM MAKING KIT ►
Join David as he shows you around the top 15 places to see in Istanbul! Istanbul is one of the only transcontinental cities on the planet, spreading across Europe and Asia Minor. As Turkey’s largest city, Istanbul is a bustling hub of culture, history and gastronomy – a cosmopolitan capital in every sense.
David begins in the oldest part of the city, the Sultanahmet District. He begins in the Hippodrome (circus), which served as the center of public life for the Greek, Roman, and Byzantine citizens. Present-day Sultan Ahmed Square has a handful of surviving remnants from ancient times.
Near Sultan Ahmed Square are two of Turkey’s most visited attractions, steps from one another – the Ayia Sofia (Hagia Sophia) and Blue Mosque. The Ayia Sofia is now a museum, but was built as an Eastern Orthodox Basilica in 535 A.D. It was a Christian church for over 900 years before the Ottomans used it as a Mosque for another 481 years. It was the largest house of worship in the world for over 1,000 years!
Across the square is the Blue Mosque. Its name comes from the blue tiles used to decorate the interior. Nearby sits the stunning 15th century Topkapi Palace that served as the home and governmental seat for the Ottoman sultans until the 1850s. A tour will reveal beautiful stonework and intricately decorated staterooms, as well as a crown jewel and Imperial treasury exhibition.
After the palace, David takes us to the Archaeology Museum to show us some of what was uncovered in Istanbul. Perhaps the most impressive thing on display is the Sarcophagus of Alexander the Great with its detailed reliefs depicting Alexander’s life of successful conquering.
Not too far from the museum is the Basilica Cistern – a damp and dark subterranean cavern used to collect water for the city. The Medusa heads were likely stolen from a nearby Greco-Roman city to support the columns. Medusa’s face provided a warning against anyone who dared to tamper with the water supply.
The next day, David heads over to the 300-year-old Cağaloğlu Hamamı for a Turkish bath. This Hammam provides full-service spa treatments including scrubbing, steam baths, and massages. Definitely a MUST experience when in Istanbul.
David then heads to the shores of the Bosphorus for a scenic boat ride along the strait. From the water you’ll get panoramic vistas of the Istanbul skyline and get to enjoy view of other areas of this enormous city.
After arriving back on land, David heads to the Beyoğlu District to beautiful pedestrian-friendly Istiklal Street, or “Independence Avenue” for some lunch. It spans about 1.4 kilometers and is the perfect place for shopping and dining. You can walk or take the Nostalgic Tram in either direction. The end of Istiklal Street takes David into the heart of Istanbul, Taksim Square. In the center of the square is the Monument of the Republic (1928) commemorating the formation of the Turkish Republic in 1923.
Onto the Galata District to see a Whirling Dervish show at the Galata Museum. This 800-year old practice of spinning is used as a physical form of meditation. It is a mysterious and beautiful site to behold.
You can’t visit the Galata District and not notice the Galata Tower. It looks over Istanbul and provides 360-degree views of the city, the Bosphorus, Golden Horn and landmarks.
After all that sightseeing, David works up an appetite so he heads to the Karaköy waterfront to enjoy a cheap meal with a 5-star view. Nearby is the fish market. You can’t get to the Karaköy or Galata without crossing the Galata Bridge. From here you’ll see the skylines of both Sultanahmet and Galata districts.
Lastly, David goes out to one of the most exclusive entertainment complexes in the world. Reina sits along the Bosphorus and offers world-class dining, nightclubs, and beautiful ambiance. Dress to impress and make dinner reservations so you can stay after to party!
☆ CONTACT ☆
↠ Business: email@example.com
BOOK YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE: ►
+ INSTAGRAM ►
+ FACEBOOK ►
+ TWITTER ►
SEND ME STUFF:
5858 SW 81 ST
Miami, FL 33143
P.S. Thank you for watching my videos and subscribing!
10 Best Places to Visit in Turkey - Travel Video
With cities steeped in history, amazing beaches, and a beautiful countryside, a visit to Turkey promises an enchanted vacation. Diverse offerings such as the ancient ruins of Ephesus to the luxury beach resorts along the Aegean Sea will enthrall and captivate even the most jaded traveler. Istanbul, once the capital of the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires, features prominently in most travel plans but there are many more great destinations. Here’s a look at the best places to visit in Turkey.
Top 10 Things to Do: Istanbul, Turkey
Istanbul: where East meets West. This city is hands down one of the most fascinating on the planet. In this video we break down the TOP TEN must do activities in Turkey's vibrant capital.
SUBSCRIBE for New travel videos every Tuesday!
VAGABROTHERS: We're Marko and Alex Ayling, brothers, backpackers, and bloggers on a mission to explore the world through its people. Winners of My Destination's global travel-video competition The Biggest, Baddest, Bucket List which paid us to travel the world for six months, checking off our travel bucket list and documenting the adventure on YouTube. See the full BBBTV web-series here:
SNAPCHAT & STORIE: @Vagabrothers
Want to help fund our travels? If you are going to buy something from Amazon, click on the links below before you make your purchase and we'll get a percentage of your final sale. Cheers!
This film was made with:
- F-Stop Satori Backpack:
- Sony A7s Mirrorless Camera:
- Canon Rebel T3i DSLR Camera:
- Canon EF-S 18-200mm Zoom Lens:
- Canon Powershot S120:
- Go Pro Hero 3+:
- Go Pro Suction Cup Mount:
- Go Pro Accessory Kit:
- Promaster CX525 Tripod:
- Promaster Superlite 3-Way Head:
- SD 32GB Memory Sticks:
- Sennheiser MKE 400 Shotgun Mike:
- Zoom H1 Portable Digital Recorder:
- Joby GP3 GorillaPod:
- Pico Flex Table Dolly:
- Pelican 0915 Black SD Memory Card Protective Case:
Top 10 Attractions in Istanbul
This crossroads of the East and West is a legendary city. Welcome to MojoTravels, and today we're counting down our picks for the Top 10 Attractions in Istanbul. For this list, we’re looking at the must-visit sights, attractions and monuments from in and around Turkey’s largest metropolis.
Thanks to Getty Images for the pictures and videos!
Want more incredible content from Getty Images? Be sure to check out their page here:
10: Spice Bazaar
9: Galata Tower
8: Istanbul Archaeology Museum
6: Basilica Cistern
5: Süleymaniye Mosque
4: Topkapı Palace
3,2,1 . . ??
#Istanbul #Turkey #Tourism
40 Things To Do & See In Istanbul Turkey
40 Things To Do and See In Istanbul, Turkey
(5 to 7 September 2016)
Istanbul, a unique city that sits in between the two continents of Europe and Asia. Straddling the Bosphorus straits in between the Sea of Marmara and the Black Sea. An amazing destination with rich history and cultures. Join me and check out the 40 things to do and see in the city of Istanbul, Turkey! :-)
Special thanks to:
SUBSCRIBE HERE TODAY! :-)
Share this video:
Visit Travel Inspiration 360
This video is brought to you by:
Keith Yuen, Travel Blogger & Photographer @travelInspiration360
10 Most Beautiful Places in ISTANBUL
Istanbul is an utterly bewitching city – a mesmerzing, schizoid medley of sumptuous palaces, domes and minaretes, cobble-stoned streets, decrepit old wooden houses, squalid concrete tower blocks, graceful art-nouveau apartments, international fashion shops, bazaars and beggars, street vendors and stray dogs and, above all, the boats of the Bosphorus and the promise of the Orient.
Istanbul straddles the Bosphorus Strait, looking towards Europe but with its soul firmly rooted in Asia. On the European side, the city is divided once more, north and south of the Golden Horn inlet.
In the south are the superb World Heritage sites of the Blue Mosque, the magnificent 15th-century Topkapi Palace and Ayasofya – a masterpiece of Byzantine architecture. Here too is the Grand Bazaar, Kapali Carsi, a vast labyrinth of narrow, covered passageways selling everything from cheap tat to carpets worth thousands.
10 PLACES YOU MUST VISIT IN ISTANBUL | ISTANBUL TRAVEL GUIDE TO TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
This is the first of my travel guides in Istanbul. Hope you all enjoy watching. I will be uploading another one soon, so stay tuned to them by subscribing to my channel.
Istanbul is a city full of wonders. It's home to lots of culture, food and sights. This video includes 10 attractions that one MUST visit Istanbul if they have a day or two. In case if you want to visit any of these places, I will provide them right below:
1. Sultan Ahmet Mosque
2. Topkapi Palace
3. Gülhane Park
4. The Grand Bazaar
5. Galata Bridge
6. Galata Tower
7. Istikal Avenue
8. Taksim Square
Hope you enjoyed this video. I will be uploading more. :)
#10PlacesYouMustVisitInIstanbul #IstanbulTravelGuide #TouristAttractionsInIstanbul
- INSTAGRAM ►
- LinkedIn ►
- FACEBOOK PAGE ► COMING SOON
20 TOP RATED - Best Tourist Attractions in Istanbul Turkey
20 Top Rated - Best Tourist Attractions in Istanbul Turkey
1. Aya Sofya - Hagia Sophia was Turkey's most visited tourist attraction. Hagia Sophia is one of the greatest surviving examples of Byzantine architecture. Its interior is decorated with mosaics and marble pillars and coverings of great artistic value.
2. Topkapi Palace (Topkapi Sarayi) - A huge tourist attraction, you will need up to half day to make the most of your visit.
The place is rich with history, and the setup is very informative in English, Turkish and Arabic. They also provide an audio guide which is well worth it.
3. Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmet Camii) - This Mosque is absolutely beautiful inside and out. The architecture of this Mosque is mind blowing and made on such a grand scale. It's a must visit place in Istanbul.
4. Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarniçi) - The atmosphere is amazing. The largest of several hundred ancient cisterns that lie beneath the city of Istanbul.
5. Hippodrome - Great atmosphere is this square. Paved pathways with 'squares' of grass to sit and relax. Great touristy atmosphere and a lot of restaurants along the square. Very clean and well maintained.
6. Istanbul Archaeology Museum - Interesting and rich collection of artefacts but could have been better presented.
7. Grand Bazaar (Kapali Çarsi) - You can really feel what great bazaar is only when you walk inside and feel inside. So many shops sell a lot of food, souvenirs, and spices. You definitely miss turkey if you miss here! However a word of caution, most items are way over priced.
8. Süleymaniye Mosque - This one is a lot more beautiful, decorated with beautiful stained glass and colorful ceiling calligraphy. Furthermore, it is a living place of worship and a wonderful window into a culture different from mine. Best cultural site we did in Istanbul.
9. Spice Bazaar (Misir Çarsisi) - The market segment is smaller compared to Grand Bazaar. But it is so crowded especially on weekends.
10. Dolmabahçe Palace
11. Chora Church (Kariye Müzesi) - This place is amazing to see. If you are in Istanbul you must visit.
12. Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts (Türk ve Islam Eserleri Müzesi) - Excellent collection of Turkish and Islamic art housed in a 16th Century Grand Palace. It's a museum just located at the Hippodrome and it is opposite the Blue Mosque so very easy to find.
13. Little Aya Sofya (Küçük Aya Sofya)
14. Rüstem Pasa Mosque - One of the masterpieces by Mimar Sinan
15. Yedikule Fortress (Yedikule Hisari)
16. Galata Tower - It is an amazing experience when you have the whole building to yourself.
17. Istanbul Modern - Wonderful exhibitions?, wonderful environment.
18. Pera Museum - Many great and exciting exhibitions. Have tea in the bar next to Maria Callas' piano.
19. Istiklal Caddesi and Taksim - Istiklal Street is one of the most famous avenues in Istanbul, Turkey
20. Üsküdar - is a large and densely populated district and municipality of Istanbul, Turkey
Subscribe now to make sure you're in on all the action!
15 TOP RATED - Tourist Attractions in Indonesia
Istanbul Vacation Travel Guide, Things to do in Istanbul, Istanbul Travel Guide, Visit Istanbul, Favorite places in Istanbul, Tourism information, Best Sights Seeing in Istanbul, Things to do in Istanbul, Istanbul City Guide, What to see in Istanbul, Istanbul Attractions, Restaurants in Istanbul, Museums in Istanbul, Explore Istanbul, Istanbul Vacation, Top 10 Places in Istanbul, Istanbul Tourist attractions,
20 Top Rated - Best Tourist Attractions in Istanbul Turkey
Please watch: WOW! 29 Crazy Waterfall in Bali, Indonesia | Travel Destinations
Turkey Travel Guide, Vacation, Tourism HD
Turkey - Istanbul Travel Guide, Vacation, Tourism HD
Travel & Trips Videos 4K