Altura is a city in Winona County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 493 at the 2010 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Altura
1. Whitewater State ParkAltura The Whitewater River is a 16.6-mile-long tributary of the Upper Mississippi River which flows through the Driftless Area of Minnesota, reaching its mouth in Wabasha County at the community of Weaver opposite Buffalo, Wisconsin. The nearest towns are Altura, Saint Charles, and Elba. The region hosts endangered native dry oak savannas, semiforested areas that seem to have been dependent on fire for their well-being.The main stem of the Whitewater River is formed by the confluence of the North and Middle forks at Elba, and is joined by the South Fork just downstream. The North Fork flows through Wabasha, Olmsted, and Winona counties, with a channel length of 47 km . The state maintains Whitewater State Park on the upper reach of the main stem, on the Middle Fork and on Trout Run Creek. Crysta... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. National Eagle CenterWabasha The National Eagle Center is a nonprofit organization in Wabasha, Minnesota, United States, that focuses on conservation, research and educational efforts relating to eagles. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Minnesota Marine Art MuseumWinona The Minnesota Marine Art Museum is an art museum in Winona, Minnesota, United States, specializing in marine art. The MMAM features five galleries of world-class art and artifacts including impressionism and Hudson River School paintings, marine art, folk art sculptures and traveling exhibits. Located on the banks of the Mississippi River, the museum is located in a unique, turn-of-the-century-style building and landscaped with over 60,000 native plants. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. ValleyfairShakopee Valleyfair is a 125-acre amusement park in Shakopee, Minnesota, United States. Owned by Cedar Fair, the park opened in 1976 and now features over 75 rides and attractions including eight roller coasters. Valleyfair also has a water park called Soak City which is included with the price of admission. Cedar Point and Valleyfair were the first two parks in the Cedar Fair chain and a combination of the park names – cedar and fair – were used to name the company. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Minnesota ZooApple Valley Apple Valley is a city in northwestern Dakota County in the State of Minnesota, and a suburb of the Twin Cities. As of the 2010 census, the city's population was 49,084, making it the 18th most populous city in Minnesota. In 2013, Money Magazine named Apple Valley the 17th best place to live in the United States, up from 20th in 2010, 24th in 2008 and 28th in 2007. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing CompanyChippewa Falls The Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company , doing business as Leinenkugel's, is an American beer maker based in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. Leinenkugel was historically distributed only in the Upper Midwest, but is now available throughout all 50 states. The company is the seventh oldest brewery in the United States, and the oldest business in Chippewa Falls. It is a subsidiary of MillerCoors. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Roller Coaster Safety: Explained
Theme parks can be found worldwide, attracting millions of visitors by allowing them to experience a multitude of exciting and thrilling attractions. However, these rides, such as roller coasters, often have an intimidating and dangerous appearance. In this video, we explore the multitude of protective measures in place at theme parks to keep guests safe. As well as understand the events often described in the news which put theme park safety, and roller coasters, in a negative light.