12 Best Tourist Attractions in Nebraska USA
Nebraska is a state that lies in both the Great Plains and the Midwestern United States. It is bordered by South Dakota to the north, Iowa to the east and Missouri to the southeast, both across the Missouri River, Kansas to the south, Colorado to the southwest and Wyoming to the west. Its state capital is Lincoln, and its largest city is Omaha, which is on the Missouri River.
You can get your travelling bag here for your vacation...
You can get your travelling pillow here for your vacation...
Danish Immigrant Museum, Elkhorn and Kimbalton, Iowa
Dan goes to Elkhorn and Kimbalton to take in the history and tastes of Denmark and visits the Danish Immigrant Museum and Danish Windmill.
Where in Iowa is Jeff?...The Sequel
Here is the 2008 version of Where in Iowa is Jeff? From February to November, I logged 9,850 miles and collected 300 dancing clips. Between the 2007 and 2008 videos, I visited all 99 Iowa counties and drove somewhere between 15,000 and 18,000 miles.
Since last year focused on the top-tier Iowa spots, this years video visits more obscure Iowa places and enabled me to interact more with Iowans along the way. If you think you've seen all of Iowa, you are wrong. Keep looking; you'll be amazed at what you find.
1. The 2008 Iowa Tractorcade (RAGBRAI for farmers)
2. Balsley family farm near Orchard
3. Straw Goat in Swedesburg
4. Bob Feller Museum in Van Meter
5. Lovers Leap Bridge in Columbus Junction
6. Danish Windmill in Elk Horn
7. Decorah Trout Hatchery
8. Loess Hills in Harrison County
9. Sundown Mountain in Asbury
10. Iowa Speedway in Newton
11. National Balloon Classic in Indianola
12. World's Largest I-80 Truck Stop in Walcott
13. National Advanced Driving Simulator in Oakdale
14. Gitchie Manitou State Preserve
15. World's Largest Bullhead in Crystal Lake
16. Connell Corner Lighthouse in Storm Lake
17. The Corn Parade mural in Mount Ayr
18. Anderson-Erickson Dairy in Des Moines
19. National Mississippi River Museum in Dubuque
20. Lake Rathbun Fish Hatchery
21. Paramount Theater in Cedar Rapids
22. Volkswagen Spider yard art in Avoca
23. Waukon Junction!!!
24. World's Largest Popcorn Ball in Sac City
25. Lansing's Black Hawk Bridge
26. ISU's Jack Trice Stadium in Ames
27. Maharishi University in Fairfield
28. Prairie Pedlar near Odebolt
29. Elkader Opera House
30. Iowa Stars (now Chops) Hockey in Des Moines
31. Hawkeye Buffalo Ranch near Fredericksburg
32. Cardiff Giant replica in Fort Dodge
33. Villa's Patio in Marion
34. Lidtke Mill in Lime Springs
35. Beebeetown!!! Population: not many
36. Oskaloosa town square
37. Osage HS wrestling
38. Channel Cat Water Taxi in Davenport
39. Music Man Square in Mason City
40. National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum in Knoxville
41. Iowa State Penitentiary in Fort Madison
42. US's Widest Main Street in Onawa
43. Coffee Pot water tower in Stanton (home of Folgers icon Mrs. Olsen)
44. Gladbrook's Matchstick Marvels
45. Waubonsie State Park
46. Clark Tower in Winterset City Park
47. New Albin town hall
48. Queen II in Arnolds Park
49. What Cheer Opera House
50. Gravity!!! Population: slightly more than Beebeetown
51. Wadena: home of the 1970 rock festival Galena in Wadena
52. Iowa's only highway tunnel in Pammel State Park
53. Rabbit sculptures in Council Bluffs
54. Manning's Hausbarn
55. Shellsburg's Adventure Paintball Park
56. World's Biggest Strawberry in Strawberry Point
57. Trinity Heights in Sioux City
58. Galleria de Paco restaurant in Waterloo
59. Ida Grove, Iowas City of Castles
60. Sunken steamboat Bertrand at DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge near Missouri Valley
61. Lock and Dam No. 10 in Guttenberg
62. Perry's Reconfiguration Arches
63. Basilica of St. Francis Xavier in Dyersville
64. Maquoketa Caves State Park
65. Duffy Lyon (the Butter Cow Lady) Cow/Calf statue in Toledo
66. Wapsipinicon Mill in Independence
67. Shimek State Forest
68. The Old Home Fill er Up and Keep on Truckin Café in Pisgah
69. The Big Treehouse near Marshalltown
70. Iowa's first planetarium at the Sanford Museum in Cherokee
71. Town square in Mount Pleasant
72. Lone Tree!!! Population: more than Beebeetown and Gravity combined
73. Red Haw State Park
74. Story City 1913 Carousel
75. Promise of America Monument in Lake Mills
76. Airpower Museum near Ottumwa
77. Lincoln Highway Bridge in Tama
78. Bonapartes Historic Main Street
79. World's Biggest Cheeto at Sister Sarah's in Algona
80. Lost Island Lake in Ruthven
81. Brooklyn: Community of Flags
82. Dubuques Fenelon Place Elevator
83. Hawkeye Point near Sibley, 1,670 feet above sea level
84. Hotel Manning in Keosauqua
85. Catfish Bend Casino in Burlington
86. Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City
87. Wildcat Den State Park
88. Louis Sullivan's Jewel Box Bank in Grinnell
89. Eagle City Winery near Iowa Falls
90. Lacey Keosauqua State Park
91. Little Turkey River valley in Dubuque County
92. THE Butter Cow at our Iowa State Fair
93. Green Valley State Park
94. Donna Reed Center for the Performing Arts in Denison
95. Upper Iowa River in Bluffton
96. Glenn Miller Birthplace Home in Clarinda
97. Chief Keokuk statue in Keokuk
98. Rathbun Country Music Theater
99. Patriotic Rock near Greenfield
100. Pella's Vermeer Windmill
101. Volga City!!! Population: somewhere between Gravity and Lone Tree
102. Union County Visitor Center in Creston
103. Loess Hills State Forest
104. Home near Anamosa
Old Schoolhouse Mall Antiques Marquette Iowa
My family loves to shop through wonderful antiques displayed on three floors in the fabulous Old Schoolhouse Mall Antiques located at 204 North Street in beautiful Marquette Iowa
Long Island Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia (4K)
Long Island stretches eastward for 115 miles, from the New York boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens to the bluffs of Montauk Point.
Take the short train ride from Manhattan to the sands of Long Beach, which for many is where Long Island begins. From here, Long Island’s protective barrier islands continue all the way to Westhampton Island. Halfway along the chain, visit Fire Island Lighthouse, which for generations of immigrants was their first glimpse of America.
Many of those immigrants went on to create vast financial empires, and it was on Long Island’s northern shores where they built the mansions that would inspire F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic, The Great Gatsby.
At the Cradle of Aviation Museum in nearby Hempstead, discover how Long Island launched generations of aviators into the wild blue yonder. Nearby, continue your flight into the past at the American Airpower Museum.
In the mid 1800s, well-to-do New Yorkers were drawn to the unspoiled beaches of Long Island’s East End. Today, the pioneer settlement of Southampton Village is a place where history and style have blended as smoothly as the spirits in a Long Island Iced Tea. The past been also been beautifully preserved in nearby Sag Harbor, a historic whaling port immortalized in Moby Dick.
Just a 30-minute drive east from Sag Harbor is Montauk, a place locals refer to as “The End”. America’s first president, George Washington, commissioned Montauk Lighthouse on Long Island’s easternmost point. Climb to the top to take in the sweeping views of this place that has played center stage in some of America’s greatest stories.
Eli's First Youth Hunt - Texas Parks and Wildlife [Official]
More than 50 young people from across the state recently took part in what organizers are calling the world's largest youth deer hunt. The sixth annual Super Hunt is a way for neighboring ranchers to manage their wildlife populations while providing many urban kids their first experience with nature and the outdoors. Texas Parks and Wildlife has this report.Each of the youth participating in the Super Hunt were required to pass a hunter education and firearm safety course through Texas Parks and Wildlife. For more information on youth hunts, visit the Texas Youth Hunting Program website at tyhp.org
Rolling into Casper, Wyoming on Highway 220 June 10, 2016
Rolling into Casper, Wyoming on Highway 220
To learn more about BigRigTravels, visit these links:
Trucking in America. Reality and Slow TV in it's original and truest form. Get your BigRigTravels shirts and decals at Get your BigRigTravels shirts and decals at #trucking #BigRigTravels #BigRigSteve
May 12, 2016 - Tree in middle of road (IOWA)
There is a geocache near here. I had never heard of this until this trip through Elk Horn, Iowa.
Trucking from Elkhorn,WI to Avoca,IA
Luxury Custom Built Bluff Top Estate for Sale in Fieldon Illinois
Stunning bluff top estate home for sale with incredible river views located just off the Great River Road North of Pere Marquette, IL on 145 +/- acres that includes approximately 10 acres of tillable ground that is suitable to farm or utilize for food plots.
This custom built 10,000 sq. ft. home is full of wonderful upgrades and built with top of the line materials. The secluded gated property also includes a finished carriage house with guest quarters, in-ground pool with pool house, hot tub, five car garage, and 100’ x 50’ barn with heat and water as well as an additional storage lean-to.
The stone home with all slate roof has a grand custom wood staircase, beautiful cherry and travertine flooring, stone fire places, custom cabinetry and custom wood built-ins. The spacious kitchen includes a large walk-in pantry and opens to a two story hearth room, formal dining room, living room with timbers from the Great Salt Lake and a motorized and retractable authentic elk antler chandelier, wine room, office, craft room, mudroom/laundry room and master suite all on the main level. Balcony and two bedrooms with walk-in closets and two additional baths located on the upper level. Finished lower level that includes a large vault room, kitchen, living room, salon room, exercise room, storage area and two additional rooms. A wall of windows overlooks the pool and mature timber and provides great views of the frequent wildlife activity. A great hunting property for world class whitetail deer and turkeys.
Qualified buyers can contact Susan Slemmer (314) 974-7266 for more information
• Luxury custom built stone home
• Bluff Top Views of Mississippi River
• Top of the line finishes and fixtures
• Vaulted ceilings
• Open floor plan
• Finished lower level
• Wine room
• Carriage house with guest quarters
• In-ground pool and pool house
• Hot tub
• 5 car garage
• Heated barn
• Much, much more!