Anamosa is a city in Jones County, Iowa, United States. The population was 5,533 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Jones County. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Anamosa
1. National Motorcycle MuseumAnamosa The National Motorcycle Museum is a non-profit museum located in Anamosa, Iowa. It was founded in 1989 by motorcycle builders, racers, and riders. Its purpose to maintain the experience of bikes past and present as well as motorcycle memorabilia, documents and actual vintage bikes from as far back as 1903. It was named Iowa Tourism Attraction of the Year in 2001. The museum contains a collection of motorcycles over the past 100 years as well as thousands of photos, postcards and posters. The bikes come from all over the world; there are American, Japanese, British and other European motorcycles on display. In 2010, the museum moved its collection of more than 300 motorcycles to a much larger building, and celebrated a grand re-opening in June 2011. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. Wapsipinicon State ParkAnamosa Wapsipinicon State Park is located south of Anamosa, Iowa, United States. The 394-acre park is along the sandstone and limestone bluffs of the Wapsipinicon River, from which it derives its name. It is one of the oldest state parks in Iowa, and it was listed as a historic district on the National Register of Historic Places in 2014. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and MuseumWest Branch Herbert Clark Hoover was an American engineer, businessman and politician who served as the 31st President of the United States from 1929 to 1933 during the Great Depression. A Republican, as Secretary of Commerce in the 1920s he introduced themes of efficiency in the business community and provided government support for standardization, efficiency and international trade. As president from 1929 to 1933, his domestic programs were overshadowed by the onset of the Great Depression. Hoover was defeated in a landslide election in 1932 by Democratic Franklin D. Roosevelt. After this loss, Hoover became staunchly conservative, and advocated against Roosevelt's New Deal policies. A lifelong Quaker, he became a successful mining engineer with a global perspective. He built an international reput... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Antique ArcheologyLe Claire American Pickers is an American reality television series that premiered on January 18, 2010 on the History channel, produced by A&E Television Networks in collaboration with Cineflix Media. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Iowa 80 Trucking MuseumWalcott This list of museums in Iowa is a list of museums, defined for this context as institutions that collect and care for objects of cultural, artistic, scientific, or historical interest and make their collections or related exhibits available for public viewing. Museums that exist only in cyberspace are not included. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. Amana Colonies National Historic LandmarkAmana The Amana Colonies are seven villages on 26,000 acres located in Iowa County in east-central Iowa, United States: Amana , East Amana, High Amana, Middle Amana, South Amana, West Amana, and Homestead. The villages were built and settled by German Pietists, who were persecuted in their homeland by the German state government and the Lutheran Church. Calling themselves the True Inspiration Congregations , they first settled in New York near Buffalo in what is now the town of West Seneca. However, seeking more isolated surroundings, they moved to Iowa in 1856. They lived a communal life until 1932. For eighty years, the Amana Colony maintained an almost completely self-sufficient local economy, importing very little from the industrializing American economy. The Amanians were able to achieve t... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Hotel Grinnell - Best Adapted Boutique Hotel - Iowa 2018
An old school building. A new way to stay.
Iowa Insane Asylum
Myself and several of my buddies took a 4.5 hour Road trip to spend the night in an abandoned haunted insane asylum in Iowa! ENJOY
360 from top of a bluff at Wildcat Den State Park
A 360 degree view from the top of a sandstone bluff we climbed up at Wildcat Den State Park near Muscatine, Iowa. We climbed up the side where everyone is and climbed down the side which opens up which allowed us to see more.