Leighton is a city in Mahaska County, Iowa, United States. The population was 162 in the 2010 census, an increase from 153 in the 2000 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and MuseumWest Branch Herbert Clark Hoover was an American engineer, businessman and politician who served as the 31st President of the United States from 1929 to 1933 during the Great Depression. A Republican, as Secretary of Commerce in the 1920s he introduced themes of efficiency in the business community and provided government support for standardization, efficiency and international trade. As president from 1929 to 1933, his domestic programs were overshadowed by the onset of the Great Depression. Hoover was defeated in a landslide election in 1932 by Democratic Franklin D. Roosevelt. After this loss, Hoover became staunchly conservative, and advocated against Roosevelt's New Deal policies. A lifelong Quaker, he became a successful mining engineer with a global perspective. He built an international reput... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. AdventurelandAltoona Iowa Adventureland is a family-owned amusement park in Altoona, Iowa . It is marketed as featuring over 100 rides, shows and attractions. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. John Wayne Birthplace & MuseumWinterset Marion Mitchell Morrison , known professionally as John Wayne and nicknamed The Duke, was an American actor and filmmaker. An Academy Award-winner for True Grit , Wayne was among the top box office draws for three decades.Born in Winterset, Iowa, Wayne grew up in Southern California. He was president of Glendale High class of 1925. He found work at local film studios when he lost his football scholarship to the University of Southern California as a result of a bodysurfing accident. Initially working for the Fox Film Corporation, he appeared mostly in small bit parts. His first leading role came in Raoul Walsh's widescreen epic The Big Trail , which led to leading roles in numerous B movies throughout the 1930s, most of them in the Western genre. Wayne's career began in 1930 with Raoul Wal... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. High Trestle TrailAnkeny High Trestle Trail is a rail trail running from Ankeny to Woodward in central Iowa. The recreation trail opened on April 30, 2011. It is a paved recreational trail that runs through the Polk, Story, Boone, and Dallas counties. The trail's name is derived from a former 1913 bridge that spanned the Des Moines River between the towns of Madrid and Woodward. Conservation board directors and the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation estimate that more than 3,000 people use this trail each week. The trail is a major component of a planned pair of 100-mile loops that will meet near Des Moines. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Amana Colonies National Historic LandmarkAmana The Amana Colonies are seven villages on 26,000 acres located in Iowa County in east-central Iowa, United States: Amana , East Amana, High Amana, Middle Amana, South Amana, West Amana, and Homestead. The villages were built and settled by German Pietists, who were persecuted in their homeland by the German state government and the Lutheran Church. Calling themselves the True Inspiration Congregations , they first settled in New York near Buffalo in what is now the town of West Seneca. However, seeking more isolated surroundings, they moved to Iowa in 1856. They lived a communal life until 1932. For eighty years, the Amana Colony maintained an almost completely self-sufficient local economy, importing very little from the industrializing American economy. The Amanians were able to achieve t... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
New INDIA & PAKISTAN : What Do WE actually want !!
What happens when the 'aam aadmi' of India & Pakistan meets! Watch this video to know about my experience with Pakistanis on my Turkey Trip.
If you have any other query feel free to ask at - facebook.com/groups/touristhelpline (It may not be possible for me to answer every question here, but other group members, travellers, and travel experts can help you)
Other travel series - # THAILAND playlist - # EUROPE Playlist - # BANGLADESH playlist - # SPITI (India) playlist - # MALAYSIA playlist - # RUSSIA playlist - # BALI playlist - # MIZORAM playlist - # EGYPT playlist : # USA playlist : # MAURITIUS playlist : # Kazakhstan, Turkey, Georgia playlist :
PLEASE SHARE THE VIDEOS AND LET OTHERS GET INFORMED ABOUT THIS CHANNEL
My blog: touristhelpline.com INSTAGRAM.com/touristhelpline FACEBOOK.com/page.touristhelpline TWITTER.com/touristhelpline
THINGS I USE WHILE TRAVELLING Camera 1: Camera 2: Mic - Gimbal: Selfie stick / Monopod: phone: For Video editing: Rucksack -