Zion National Park: 10 Things to Know Before You Go
Things YOU need to know before YOU go to Zion National Park in Utah. Zion National Park is big… 229 square miles! Zion's perpendicular cliffs are nearly 3,000 feet high. Unlike other canyon parks - where many visitors view the canyons from their rims - Zion draws visitors to its floor. Elevation: Lowest 3,666 ft and a high elevation of 8,726 ft at Horse Ranch Mountain.
Admission is for a week
$35 per vehicle
$20 per pedestrian
Zion is located in the South west corner of Utah.
The closest major airports are:
150 Miles from Las Vegas
Or 300 Miles from Salt Lake City
Driving time that’s about 3 hours from Vegas, 4.5 hours from Salt Lake City, or 8 hours from Los Angeles
There’s a couple of other small airports closer by, Saint George is just 49 miles from the park, and Cedar City is 60 miles
In the high season Summer & WInter Holidays, you have to take a shuttle in to the park, so you have to park your car in Springdale.
If you want to drive your car in, most people recommend getting in by 10am before all the lots fill up.
Springdale operates a shuttle service within the town to take you from your parking lot or hotel to the park entrance.
The NPS operates another shuttle that runs on the scenic drive in the park making 9 stops.
There are 2 visitor centers, the main one in Springdale, and another, the Kolob Canyon Visitor Center is located off of Interstate 15 at the west entrance of the park
4 options in the park
3 Campgrounds -- only the Watchman Campground is open year round
1 Hotel, the Zion Lodge -- in 2019 it’s about $220 a night
Reservations for the Lodge can be made up to 13 months in advance. Starting with the 1st of each month, the calendar opens for that whole month in the following year. The Lodge books quickly
But tons of hotels just outside the park in Springdale.
You can also stay in St. George which is about a 45 minute drive from the park.
What to bring:
Everything you need to be in a canyon for day, at least water, sunscreen. You can refill your water in the park at the Zion Lodge, Campgrounds, or Visitors Centre.
And if you’re hungry, the Zion Lodge serves breakfast and dinner… or pack a picnic from the supermarket in Springdale.
Rositas in Springdale -- pretty good Santa Fe Style Mexican food
Yes -- Zion has a subway! But it’s not a mode of transportation - it’s a hiking trail! It’s so popular, it requires permits in advance that are gained through a lottery. And it’s hard! Think rappelling with 60 feet of rope, and swimming through cold murky water!
When to go:
The park is open year round. Most visitors come during Spring and Fall. Campgrounds March-October. There are fewer visitors December - March (with the exception of Christmas break).
What to do besides hiking:
Horse Back Riding
Ranger Led Activities
RIde a bike
Stargazing and the Sunset
Shopping -- there’s a little gift shop at the Visitor Center
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE:
You might enjoy watching some of these other videos:
Springhill Suites Zion Video Hotel Review:
Las Vegas is the closest big city - Check out my videos on Las Vegas:
Yellow Productions on Social Media:
Check out my blog:
My video gear:
Sony FDR-AX53 4K Handycam:
Sony ECMW1M Wireless Microphone:
GoPro Fusion 360 Camera:
Pacsafe LS250 Anti-theft Shoulder Bag:
Antelope Canyon, Arizona, USA in 4K (Ultra HD)
Antelope Canyon is the most photographed slot canyon in the world. It is located on Navajo land near Page, Arizona, and managed by Lake Powell Navajo Tribal Park.
In the video: Lower Antelope Canyon and Upper Antelope Canyon.
Recorded October 2016 in 4K (Ultra HD) with Sony AX100 and Sony a6300.
Mystic Crock - Nomad - 05 - Introverted
Licensed via ilicensemusic.com
About Amazing Places on Our Planet:
Immerse yourself in scenic beautiful places on our planet without the distraction of words.
New 4K video every Friday or every second Friday.
Video footage can be licensed out by contacting me.
Movies On Map:
Watch More Amazing Places on Our Planet: All 4K Ultra HD Videos:
US National Parks in 4K:
Canada in 4K:
China in 4K:
Southern Africa in 4K:
Indonesia in 4K:
Iceland in 4K:
Best selection by year:
Top 10. Best Tourist Attractions in Jerome - Arizona
group facebook -
The most beautiful places and sight in Jerome.
Top 10. Best Tourist Attractions in Jerome - Arizona: Jerome State Historic Park, Douglas Mansion, Jerome Artists Cooperative Gallery, Jerome Historical Society Mine Museum, Caduceus Cellars, Gold King Mine Museum and Ghost Town, Audrey Headframe Park, Raku Gallery, Sliding Jail, Cleopatra Hill
Best Places to Retire in Arizona 2019 (Phoenix AZ) | Living in Arizona (Best Retirement Places)
The best places to retire in Arizona (Phoenix, Arizona suburbs). Researching multiple top retirement lists and stats, I give you my list of great places to spend your golden years in AZ. Is Arizona a good place to retire? Is Arizona a retirement friendly state? Which part of Arizona is best to live in for retirement? If you're thinking of moving to Arizona and living in Arizona when you retire, check out this video!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos:
Best Places to Retire in Arizona:
Living in Arizona | Moving to Arizona | Moving to Phoenix FAQs:
For business inquiries, contact me at email@example.com.
ARIZONA DREAMZ FACEBOOK GROUP to connect with others in the community:
#arizona #phoenix #az
Scott and Ashlie Fearnow:
Welcome to my Youtube channel: Arizona Dreamz. I have moved to Arizona three times now, so you could say I know a lot about living in the Phoenix Valley. This channel is to help those moving to Arizona or just curious about the desert.
I will talk about the pros and cons of living in Arizona, take driving tours and visit different places in the Phoenix Valley (Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, Mesa, Scottsdale, etc) and show you the fun things to do in Arizona. If you want to know what it's like in Arizona, subscribe and I'll show you what desert life is all about!
Things To Do In Kanab Utah [Eat, Swim, Sites, Best Friends Animal Sanctuary]
Having fun in Kanab, UT. What a great western, and I mean western, town. We tried out a Fancy Smancy restaurant and ended up leaving because it was out of our price range/budget. We played a little Phase 10 and visited Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. We stated at the RV Corral RV Park and loved it and found it to be well run, friendly and clean... with an awesome pool. If you are visiting Zion National Park then Kanab is a great place to stay and commute into the park.
To make sure you don't miss any upcoming fun, frolic and adventure consider subscribing to our channel at:
All the footage for this adventure was shot with our cool little 30x zoom Sony DSHX80 camera. If you are thinking of getting that camera we highly recommend it. 30x zoom, small and light and the battery lasts all day, seriously all day! This has to be the best VLOGGING camera for under $300 available today!
A 5,000-mile trip out to the southwest area of the country and visit the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon and points in between
RV: 2018 Grand Design Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
Truck: 2013 Ram 2500
VLOGGING Camera: SONY DSCHX80
Action Camera: GoPro Hero 5 Black and GoPro Hero 5 Session
Editing Software: Final Cut Pro X
We are Owen and Lynn Poteat and Maggie. Together we go on lots of 8-legged hikes, travel the country in our Grand Design Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel and try to document what we see and experience at destinations we've always dreamed of going to. While there I always try to do a little fishing and grilling as well and depending on what I catch, if anything, I pass that fun and knowledge along too. Join us as we travel across this country in our little house on wheels, making friends and memories as we go. If you can't Catch Us On The Road, at least you can Catch Us Here On YouTube and we'll be happy that you did.
Idaho Tourist Attractions: 15 Places To Visit
Planning to visit Idaho? Check out our Idaho Travel Guide video and see top most Tourist Attractions in Idaho.
Best Places to visit in Idaho:
Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve, Hells Canyon National Recreation Area, Old Idaho Penitentiary, Julia Davis Park, Silverwood Theme Park, Boise River Greenbelt, Shoshone Falls, Idaho Potato Museum, World Center for Birds of Prey, Nez Perce National Historical Park, Bald Mountain, Boise National Forest, Clearwater National Forest, Frank Church—River of No Return Wilderness, Sawtooth National Recreation Area
Visit our Website:
Top 10 Most Beautiful States in The United States | 4K UHD
► Please Remember to Subscribe! ►
► Follow me on Twitter:
Top 10 Most Beautiful States in The United States.
The United States comprises of fifty fantastic states that are each beautiful and unique in their own ways.
However, you will undoubtedly want to make an informed decision before you book an upcoming trip to a US state. To ensure you experience the trip of a lifetime, check out Top 10 Most Beautiful States in The United States.
Thanks for watching!
10 Best Travel Destinations in Hawaii USA
Best Places Channel | Hawaii Top and Best Destinations.
Vist our website:
Visit our Facebook Page:
Places to visit in 2017.
Top Destinations in Hawaii.
Amazing Destinations in Hawaii.
Best places to visit in Hawaii.
Travel Destinations 2017.
Travel Destinations in Summer.
Best places to visit in Hawaii.
Top 10 place in Hawaii.
Top 10 place to visit in Hawaii.
Tourist Spots in Hawaii.
Hawaii Tourist Spots.
Hawaii Tourist Destinations.
Must see places in Hawaii.
Places to go to in Hawaii.
Things to do in Hawaii.
Hawaii Travel Guide.
Amazing places in Hawaii.
Hawaii, a U.S. state, is an isolated volcanic archipelago in the Central Pacific. Its islands are renowned for their rugged landscapes of cliffs, waterfalls, tropical foliage and beaches with gold, red, black and even green sands. Of the 6 main islands, Oahu has Hawaii’s biggest city and capital, Honolulu, home to crescent Waikiki Beach and Pearl Harbor's WWII memorials.
Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park.
Nā Pali Coast State Park.
Polynesian Cultural Center.
Sea Life Park Hawaii.
USS Arizona Memorial.
Waimea Canyon State Park.
Thanks for watching!
Please Like! and Subscribe to see more amazing destinations!
travel destinations 2017
travel destinations usa
travel destinations 2016
travel destination videos
Visiting Vermilion Cliffs National Monument, Monument in the Coconino County, Arizona, United States
Vermilion Cliffs National Monument is located in Arizona, immediately south of the Utah state line. This National Monument, 293,689 acres in area, protects the Paria Plateau, Vermilion Cliffs, Coyote Buttes, and Paria Canyon.
Ibn Al-Noor by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (
Vermilion Cliffs National Monument,
vermilion cliffs camping,
vermilion cliffs national monument the wave,
vermillion cliffs hiking,
visiting vermillion cliffs,
vermilion cliffs national monument hotels,
vermillion cliffs the wave,
how were the vermilion cliffs formed,
vermillion cliffs the wave permit,
++++ Please help to SUBSCRIBE my channel++++
++++ GOOGLE PLUS++++
Visit Idaho, USA and explore by region - Unravel Travel TV
Idaho is the 13th largest state in the union, covering 83,557 square miles.
• Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls is 212 feet high – 36 feet higher than Niagara Falls.
• At 7,900 feet, Hells Canyon is the deepest river-carved gorge in North America, deeper than even the Grand Canyon.
• The world’s densest populations of nesting eagles, hawks and falcons can be found at the Morley Nelson Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area.
• In Soda Springs you can find the largest captive geyser in the world – it erupts every hour on the hour, reaching heights of 100 feet.
• The Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness is one of the largest wilderness areas in the Lower 48, second only to California’s Death Valley.
• A sand dune within Bruneau Dunes State Park rises 470 feet above the surrounding desert floor, making it the tallest single-structured sand dune in North America.
History and Heritage
• Idaho City was once the largest town in the Pacific Northwest it developed around gold mining in the 1860s.
• Farragut State Park, and adjoining Lake Pend Oreille, was home to a Naval Training Station during WWII.
• In the old West mining town of Wallace the entire downtown core is listed on the National Historic Register.
• Idaho had a nationally-renowned wine industry until Prohibition closed it down. Today, it is Idaho’s fastest growing agricultural industry with three AVAs in the state.
• The Oregon Trail ran right through southern Idaho, leaving behind historic landmarks and sites to explore.
• Idaho is home to six Native American tribes: The Coeur d’Alene, Kootenai of Idaho, Nez Perce, Shoshone-Bannock, Shoshone-Paiute and Lemhi-Shoshone tribes.
• Boise is home to one of the largest Basque communities in the United States, with nearly 16,000 people.
• Lewiston is the most inland seaport on the west coast, hosting cruise and cargo ships that travel up the Columbia River.
• There are more than 50 wineries in Idaho, producing more than 25 varietals of wine.
• Idaho is known as the “Gem State” because 72 types of precious and semi-precious stones can be found here, including some which can be found nowhere else in the world.
• The Wild Huckleberry is the state fruit, and can be found on menus throughout the region.
• Idaho is bordered by Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and Montana.
• The highest elevation point is Mt. Borah at 12,662 feet, and the lowest is 738 feet above sea level in Lewiston.
• Idaho is home to more miles of whitewater than anywhere else in the continental U.S., making it a paddlers’ paradise.
• Idaho contains nearly 600 registered campsites, which include those within Idaho’s 30 state parks, 10 national forests and on other public lands.
• There are over 300 hot springs in Idaho with over 130 deemed soaker-friendly.
• Thirty one (31) scenic byways crisscross the state, highlighting stunning scenery and area histories.
• Sun Valley Resort was America’s first destination ski resort (as well as where the first chairlifts were installed).
• Idaho claims the only state flag designed by a woman.
• The Perrine Bridge over the Snake River at Twin Falls is the only place in the country where BASE jumping (parachuting from a fixed structure) is allowed year-round without a permit.
Unravel Travel TV