Historical Dhaka । ঐতিহ্যের ঢাকা । Places to Visit In Old Dhaka । Bangladesh । Travel Guide
Old Dhaka (in Bengali, পুরান ঢাকা ) is a term used to refer to the historic old city of Dhaka, the capital of modern Bangladesh.
It was founded in 1608 as Jahangir Nagar, the capital of Mughal Bengal. It was one of the largest and most prosperous cities of South Asia and the center of the worldwide muslin trade.
The Nawab of Bengal shifted the capital from Dhaka to Murshidabad in the early-18th century.
With the rise of Calcutta (now Kolkata) during the British rule, Dhaka began to decline and came to be known as the City of Magnificent Ruins. The British however began to develop the modern city from the mid-19th century.
Old Dhaka is famous for its variety of foods and amicable living of all religion people together.
The main Muslims festival here is Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha and Muharram, Hindu festivals are Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Saraswati Puja, Holi, Rathyatra and Janmashtami, Christian festival Christmas and Easter Sunday, and Buddhist Festival is Vesak.
The all religion festival here is Shakrain(পৌষ সংক্রান্তি)and Halkhata(হালখাতা) with much splendor and devotion in this part of Dhaka.
Muslims are main population here, second Hindu,third Christian and Buddhist.
Here in this episode, I showed you different historical places and traditions of Dhaka City.
Some of the contents are-
1. Laalbag Kella
2. Ahsan Manzil
3. Hussaini Dalan
4. Tara Masjid & Shahbaz Masjid
5. Armenian Church
6. Dhakesshori Mandir
7. Sat Gambuj Masjid
8. Boro katra & Choto Katra
9. Shaheed Minar
10. Mausoleum of Three Leaders
11. Curzon Hall
12. Some Notable Sculptures of DU Campus
13. Tarditional Tomtom of Old Dhaka
14, Nanna Biriyani
15. Bakorkhani and so more other things...
Director's Contact Info :
ANP Facebook ID :
Take a view to the historical Old Dhaka..and please don't forget to Subscribe the channel...
DHAKA Top 50 Tourist Places | Dhaka Tourism | BANGLADESH
Dhaka (Things to do - Places to Visit) - DHAKA Top Tourist Places
Capital of Bangladesh
Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh, in southern Asia. Set beside the Buriganga River, it’s at the center of national government, trade, and culture. The 17th-century old city was the Mughal capital of Bengal, and many palaces and mosques remain.
American architect Louis Khan’s National Parliament House complex typifies the huge, fast-growing modern metropolis.
DHAKA Top 50 Tourist Places | Dhaka Tourism
Things to do in DHAKA - Places to Visit in Dhaka
Follow us on Twitter
For Top Tourist Places, Videos Subscribe us on Youtube
Follow us on Facebook
DHAKA Top 50 Tourist Places - Dhaka, Bangladesh, South Asia
Dhaka City Tour-20 Famous Tourist Places in Dhaka | Alimur Reja |
#AlimurReja #FlyingBird #DhakaCity #DhakaTour
Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh, in southern Asia. Set beside the Buriganga River, it’s at the center of national government, trade and culture.
Top 20 tourist places in Dhaka
1. Lalbagh Fort:The Lalbagh Fort is situated in front of the Buriganga River in the southwestern part of Dhaka district. It is a 17th-century fort with art and antiques.
2. Ahsan Manzil: Ahsan Manzil is at Kumartoli, Dhaka. Kumartoli is located along the banks of the Buriganga River in Dhaka city. The Ahsan Manzil constructed as the official presidential palace of the Nawab of Dhaka city. The construction work of Ahsan Manzil started in 1859. It took approximately 13 years to complete the construction work of the Ahsan Manzil and completed in 1872. This building was constructed by following the Indo-Saracenic Revival architecture.
3. National Martyrs’ Memorial:National Martyrs’ Memorial (BengaliJatiyaSmritiSaudha) is the national monument of Bangladesh, set up in the memory of those who died in the Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971, which brought independence and separated Bangladesh from Pakistan. The monument is located in Savar, about 35 km north-west of the capital, Dhaka.
4. Nandan Park:Nandan park was inaugurated on 3rd October -2003. Nandan Park is now the country’s largest and only family Amusement Park, which is attracting a huge crowd every day.This park is specially designed for wholesome family day out amusement and the rides have been carefully chosen so that everybody in the family can take the ride without being scared.
5. Bangladesh National Zoo:Bangladesh National Zoo, is a Zoo located in the Mirpur section of Dhaka, the capital city of Bangladesh. The Zoo contains many native and non-native animals and wild life, and hosts about three million visitors each year.
6. Dhakeshwari Temple:Dhakeshwari National Temple is a Hindu temple in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is state-owned, giving it the distinction of being Bangladesh's 'National Temple'. The name Dhakeshwari means Goddess of Dhaka.
7. Bangladesh National Museum:The Bangladesh National Museum, is the national museum of Bangladesh. The museum is well organized and displays have been housed chronologically in several departments like department of ethnography.
8. Baitul Mukarram National Mosque:BaitulMukarram, also spelled as BaytulMukarrom is the national mosque of Bangladesh. Located at the center of Dhaka, capital of Bangladesh, the mosque was completed in 1968.
9. National Parliament House:JatiyaSangsadBhaban or National Parliament House, is the house of the Parliament of Bangladesh, located at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar in the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka.
10. Shaheed Minar, Dhaka:The ShaheedMinar is a national monument in Dhaka, Bangladesh, established to commemorate those killed during the Bengali Language Movement demonstrations of 1952 in the East Pakistan.
11. Shishu Park:Shishu Park is the only public sector children's amusement park in Shahbag, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Established in 1979 on 15 acres of land, it is the first children's amusement park in Bangladesh.
12. Liberation War Museum:The Liberation War Museum is a museum in Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, which commemorates the Bangladesh Liberation War that led to the independence of Bangladesh from Pakistan.
13. Fantasy Kingdom Park:Theme park with rides for all ages, water features & live entertainment plus dining & shopping.Address: Ashulia Highway, Jamgora, Savar Union 1345.
14. Dhanmondi Lake:Dhanmondi Lake is a lake located in the Dhanmondi residential area in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The lake was originally a dead channel of the Karwan Bazar River, and was connected to the Turag River.
15. Suhrawardy Udyan:SuhrawardyUdyan formerly known as Ramna Race Course ground is a national memorial located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is named after HuseynShaheedSuhrawardy. Originally it served as the military club of the British soldiers stationed in Dhaka.
16. Ramna Park:Large, tranquil green space with trees, formal gardens, paved walkways, a lake & a racecourse.
17. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Novo Theatre:Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Novo Theatre is a planetarium on BijoySharani Avenue of Tejgaon area in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
18. National Botanical Garden:Acclaimed, 210+ acre botanical garden, with a variety of plant life in Zen-like surroundings.
19. Chandrima Uddan: ChandrimaUddan or ChandrimaUdyan also, Zia Uddan is a park situated across the road of the national parliament house, in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The park is notable for being the place where the former Bangladeshi President, Ziaur Rahman was buried.
20. Bangladesh Air Force Museum: Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) Museum, solely dedicated to display the rich heritage and glorious history of BAF. BAF came into being during the agitated days of our sacred War of Liberation in 1971 with meager resources and manpower.
Top 10 Places to Visit in Bangladesh with Low Budget | কম খরচে ঘুরে আসুন দেশের ১০ দর্শনীয় স্থান
Top 10 Places to Visit in Bangladesh:
On the occasion of the World Tourism Day today, we have prepared a bucket list of places in Bangladesh you may visit with a low budget.
Watch the Star Live video to know more.
Read More Bangla Story:
Like, Comments, Share and Subscribe Our Channel for the Latest Videos.
★✮✯☆✰ Follow Our The Daily Star Main Website:
★✮✯☆✰ Follow Our The Daily Star Bangla Website:
★✮✯☆✰ Watch on Our Star Live all Video Stories :
★✮✯☆✰ Follow of our The Daily Star Social Media Platform and Stay With Us! ★✮✯☆✰
★✮✯☆✰ Like The Daily Star on the Facebook page:
★✮✯☆✰ Also Like Star Live on Facebook:
★✮✯☆✰ Follow The Daily Star on Twitter:
★✮✯☆✰ Follow The Daily Star on Instagram:
★✮✯☆✰ Follow The Daily Star on Pinterest:
★✮✯☆✰ The Daily Star on Google+:
10 Places you should visit in Dhaka Bangladesh | FreakSHu
Dhaka is the capital and largest city of Bangladesh. It is one of the largest and most densely populated cities in the world. Dhaka has some historical place to visit. many visitors come across from the world to see beautiful dhaka city. they are visiting places and enjoy ride n beautiful roads of furious dhaka city. Here are 10 Places you should visit in Dhaka.
➽ Visit Bangladesh Videos:
#Dhaka #BeautifulBangladesh #FreakSHu
Side You - Vlog Music by David Cutter Music
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Music promoted by Audio Library
বাংলাদেশের শীর্ষ 10 টি দর্শনীয় স্থান // visit top 10 places in Bangladesh
টাঙ্গুয়ার হাওড় ভ্রমণ গাইড :
মেঘের দেশ সাজেক :
বান্দরবান ভ্রমণ গাইড :
মারিশ্যা থেকে রাঙামাটি নৌকা ভ্রমণ:
আলুটিলা রহস্যময় গুহা:
ঘুরে আসতে পারেন মেঘলা পর্যটন কেন্দ্র থেকে:
সাতছরি জাতীয় উদ্যান:
গারো আদিবাসীদের নকশি গ্রামে উৎসব:
হাম হাম জলপ্রপাত, মৌলভীবাজার:
গান্ধী আশ্রম জামালপুর:
Bengal Hiking Group :
ঢাকার দর্শনীয় স্থান ।। Top tourist place in Dhaka city Bangladesh ।। Travel Bangladesh
জাতীয় সংসদ ভবন বাংলাদেশের জাতীয় সংসদের প্রধান ভবন। এটি ঢাকার শেরে-বাংলা নগর এলাকায় অবস্থিত। প্রখ্যাত মার্কিন স্থপতি লুই কান এটির মূল স্থপতি
For more details (Source):
জাতীয় সংসদ ভবন
জাতীয় সংসদ ভবন
Google maps location:
বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবুর রহমান নভোথিয়েটার
বাংলাদেশ সামরিক জাদুঘর
ঢাকার দর্শনীয় স্থান । Top tourist place in Dhaka city Bangladesh । Travel Bangladesh
আমার চ্যানেলের আরও ভিডিও দেখুন:
চীনামাটির পাহাড় ।। নেত্রকোনা জেলার দর্শনীয় স্থান
বালিয়াটি জমিদার বাড়ি ।। মানিকগঞ্জ জেলার দর্শনীয় স্থান
নাহার গার্ডেন ।। মানিকগঞ্জ জেলার দর্শনীয় স্থান
তেওতা জমিদার বাড়ি ।। মানিকগঞ্জ জেলার দর্শনীয় স্থান
জামালপুর জেলার দর্শনীয় স্থান ।। লাউচাপড়া অবকাশ কেন্দ্র
গজনী অবকাশ কেন্দ্র ।। শেরপুর জেলার দর্শনীয় স্থান । পর্ব ২
মধুটিলা ইকোপার্ক । শেরপুর জেলার দর্শনীয় স্থান । পর্ব – ১
ময়মনসিংহ ভ্রমন পর্ব- ১
ময়মনসিংহ ভ্রমন পর্ব- ২
ময়মনসিংহ ভ্রমন পর্ব – ৩ ।।শশী লজ
মুক্তাগাছা জমিদার বাড়ি ||
Heritage of Old Dhaka
আমার চ্যানেলের আরও ভিডিও দেখুন:
প্রয়োজনে যোগাযোগ করুন:
Stay With My Channel
Top 10 beautiful places in bangladesh
Bangladesh Tourist Attractions: 15 Top Places to Visit
Planning to visit Bangladesh? Check out our Bangladesh Travel Guide video and see top most Tourist Attractions in Bangladesh.
Top Places to visit in Bangladesh:
Lalbagh Fort, Ahsan Manzil, Bangladesh National Museum, Liberation War Museum, Dhakeshwari Temple, Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban, Jatiyo Sriti Shoudho, Ramna Park, Sonargaon, St. Martin's Island, Star Mosque, Sixty Dome Mosque, New Market, Dhaka, Hussaini Dalan, Kakrail Mosque
Visit our Website:
A Tourist's Guide to Dhaka, Bangladesh 2019
After a nine-year gap, I fly into Dhaka, Bangladesh's chaotic and colourful capital - I even stay in the same hotel: La Vinci Hotel. After checking in, I sample a can of Hunter's Lager, with its suspiciously Foster's like can design.
The next morning, I head off outside to wander Kawran Bazaar, Dhaka's largest wholesale market. Then Rocky from picks me and we head out on a rip-roaring tour of the city. We see:
1. Karwan Bazaar
2. Parliament Building
3. Martyr Monument
4. National Mosque
5. Driving through the Old Town
6. Boat ride on River Sadarghat
7. Pink Palace
8. Biscuit Shop
9. Dhaka University
10. Local food restaurant
11. Car Accident monument
12. Lalbagh Fort
13. Dhakeshwari Hindu Temple