Austwell is a city in Refugio County, Texas, United States. The population was 147 at the 2010 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Austwell
1. Aransas National Wildlife RefugeAustwell Aransas National Wildlife Refuge is a 114,657 acre protected area situated on the southwest side of San Antonio Bay along the Gulf Coast of the U.S. state of Texas. It is located in parts of Aransas, Refugio, and Calhoun counties. The Aransas National Wildlife Refuge was established by Executive Order 7784 on 31 December 1937 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt as the Aransas Migratory Waterfowl Refuge as a refuge and breeding ground for migratory birds and other wildlife. Roosevelt issued a proclamation in 1940 changing the name to the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge.In October 1938, Civilian Conservation Corps Company 880 established camp south of Austwell, Texas. They built roads, ditches, firebreaks, and the residence facilities for the refuge. They constructed part of the spillway for... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2. Presidio La BahiaGoliad The Presidio Nuestra Señora de Loreto de la Bahía, known more commonly as Presidio La Bahia, or simply La Bahia is a fort constructed by the Spanish Army that became the nucleus of the modern-day city of Goliad, Texas, United States. The current location dates to 1747. Today, the presidio is probably most famous for the part it played the Texas Revolution: namely the Battle of Goliad in October 1835, and the Goliad Massacre in March 1836. It was restored in the 1960s and became a National Historic Landmark in 1967. While several adjacent historical sites in Goliad are now part of the Texas state parks system, La Bahia is owned by the Catholic Diocese of Victoria, Texas but operates as public museum. It continues to be the subject of noted archaeological research. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Goliad State Park & Mission Espiritu Santo State Historic SiteGoliad Goliad State Park and Historic Site is a 188.3 acres state park located along the San Antonio River on the southern edge of Goliad, Texas. In addition to recreational facilities the park property includes three historic sites - the reconstructed Mission Nuestra Señora del Espíritu Santo de Zúñiga, the ruins of Mission Nuestra Señora del Rosario and the reconstructed birthplace of Ignacio Zaragoza. The park itself and Mission Nuestra Señora del Espíritu Santo de Zúñiga are included in the Goliad State Park Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 12, 2001. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Spoetzl BreweryShiner Spoetzl Brewery is a brewery located in Shiner, Texas, U.S. The brewery is the oldest independent brewery in Texas. It produces a diverse line of Shiner Beers, including their flagship Shiner Bock, a dark lager that is now distributed in 49 states. The brewery is owned by the Gambrinus Company, a family-owned company based in San Antonio, which also owns Trumer Brewery in Berkeley, CA, and the BridgePort Brewing Company in Portland, Oregon. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Sea Center TexasLake Jackson The National Sea Grant College Program is a program of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration within the U.S. Department of Commerce. It is a national network of 33 Sea Grant Colleges and universities involved in scientific research, education, training, and extension projects geared toward the conservation and practical use of the coasts, Great Lakes, and other marine areas. The program is administered by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and is based in Silver Spring, Maryland. No sea rights have actually been granted , only money. There are 33 programs consisting of many more member institutions, called Sea Grant colleges, many but not all of which are located along the coast. The program was instituted in 1966 when Congress passed the National Sea Grant C... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Palmetto State ParkGonzales Palmetto State Park is a state park located in Gonzales County, Texas, United States northwest of Gonzales and southeast of Luling. The land was acquired by deeds from private owners and the City of Gonzales in 1934 - 1936 and was opened in 1936. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Goose Island State Park, Texas [Official]
Goose Island State Park sits on the shores of Aransas Bay north of Rockport, Texas. Known for its excellent fishing, the park also features a 1000-year-old oak tree and endangered whooping cranes from nearby Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. For more information, visit LifesBetterOutside.org.