Northumberland is a borough in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 3,804 at the 2010 census. Continue reading... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Best Attractions In Northumberland
1. Joseph Priestley HouseNorthumberland The Joseph Priestley House was the American home of 18th-century British theologian, Dissenting clergyman, natural philosopher , educator, and political theorist Joseph Priestley from 1798 until his death. Located in Northumberland, Pennsylvania, the house, which was designed by Priestley's wife Mary, is Georgian with Federalist accents. The Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission operated it as a museum dedicated to Joseph Priestley from 1970 to August 2009, when it closed due to low visitation and budget cuts. The house reopened in October 2009, still owned by the PHMC but operated by the Friends of Joseph Priestley House . Fleeing religious persecution and political turmoil in Britain, the Priestleys emigrated to the United States in 1794 seeking a peaceful life. Hoping to avoid t... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. Knoebels Amusement ResortElysburg Knoebels Amusement Resort is a family-owned and operated amusement park, picnic grove, and campground in Elysburg, Pennsylvania. It is and has been America's largest free-admission park for 91 years of operation. Opened in 1926, the park has more than 60 rides, three wooden roller coasters, one steel roller coaster, a 1913 carousel, and a haunted house dark ride. The park and its rides have won awards from organizations such as Amusement Today, American Coaster Enthusiasts, and the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions. In 2014, Travel Channel rated Knoebels one of their Top 10 Family Friendly Amusement Parks in the United States. America's Number One Amusement Park The amusement park is owned and operated by the Knoebel family, who also operate a lumber yard next to... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
4. Leonard Harrison State ParkWellsboro Leonard Harrison State Park is a 585-acre Pennsylvania state park in Tioga County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. It is on the east rim of the Pine Creek Gorge, also known as the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania, which is 800 feet deep and nearly 4,000 feet across here. It also serves as headquarters for the adjoining Colton Point State Park, its sister park on the west rim of the gorge. Leonard Harrison State Park is known for its views of the Pine Creek Gorge, and offers hiking, fishing and hunting, whitewater boating, and camping. The park is in Shippen and Delmar Townships, 10 miles west of Wellsboro at the western terminus of Pennsylvania Route 660. Pine Creek flows through the park and has carved the gorge through five major rock formations from the Devonian and Carboniferous period... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Wilbur Chocolate Candy StoreLititz Wilbur Chocolate is one of four brands manufactured by Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate North America. Most of the Wilbur brand products were produced in plants chocolate manufacturing company located in Lititz, Pennsylvania. Wilbur Chocolate was founded in Philadelphia in 1865 by Henry Oscar Wilbur and Samuel Croft. Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate NA produces hundreds of millions of pounds of chocolate and confectionery products a year. These ingredients are sold to food and candy manufactures across the Americas. The company was bought by Cargill in 1992 and is part of that company's cocoa and chocolate labels, which also includes Peter's Chocolate , Gerkens Cacao, and Veliche Belgian chocolateCargill closed the Wilbur Chocolate Factory in early 2016. By the summer of 2018 the former factory was bein... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Ricketts Glen State ParkBenton Pennsylvania Ricketts Glen State Park is a Pennsylvania state park on 13,050 acres in Columbia, Luzerne, and Sullivan counties in Pennsylvania in the United States. Ricketts Glen is a National Natural Landmark known for its old-growth forest and 24 named waterfalls along Kitchen Creek, which flows down the Allegheny Front escarpment from the Allegheny Plateau to the Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians. The park is near the borough of Benton on Pennsylvania Route 118 and Pennsylvania Route 487, and is in five townships: Sugarloaf in Columbia County, Fairmount and Ross in Luzerne County, and Colley and Davidson in Sullivan County. Ricketts Glen's land was once home to Native Americans. From 1822 to 1827, a turnpike was built along the course of PA 487 in what is now the park, where two squatters harvested cher... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Indian Echo CavernsHummelstown Indian Echo Caverns is a show cave in Derry Township near Hummelstown, Pennsylvania, USA. The limestone caves are open for the public to visit via guided tour. The entrance to the caverns used by modern visitors is located in a bluff along the Swatara Creek. A second entrance was sealed for security purposes when the caverns were commercialized in the late 1920s. The known portions of the caverns, most of which have been commercialized, represent the intersection of two passages: the eastern cavern and the northern cavern, which meet at right angles to form a large space known as the Indian Ballroom. Given the large and accessible natural openings the caverns were likely utilized by Native Americans for storage and shelter, however no evidence of such use has survived. The location was pre... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Shamokin Dam,PA 2019 04
Driving north on US-15 through Shamokin, PA in April, 2019.
Sunbury PA (71N)
departing 71N Sunbury pa
cool place, island on susquehanna river
Bikefest - 2016 - Motorcycle Rally, Bikes, Bikers, Babes and Party
Leesburg Bike Fest 2016 It's all happening here. Motorcycle Rally