4. Antietam National BattlefieldSharpsburg Antietam National Battlefield is a National Park Service protected area along Antietam Creek in Sharpsburg, Washington County, northwestern Maryland. It commemorates the American Civil War Battle of Antietam that occurred on September 17, 1862. The area, situated on fields among the Appalachian foothills near the Potomac River, features the battlefield site and visitor center, a national military cemetery, stone arch Burnside's Bridge and a field hospital museum. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
5. Harpers Ferry National Historical ParkHarpers Ferry John Brown's raid on Harpers Ferry was an effort by armed abolitionist John Brown to initiate an armed slave revolt in 1859 by taking over a United States arsenal at Harpers Ferry, Virginia. Brown's party of 22 was defeated by a company of U.S. Marines, led by First Lieutenant Israel Greene. Colonel Robert E. Lee was in overall command of the operation to retake the arsenal. John Brown had originally asked Harriet Tubman and Frederick Douglass, both of whom he had met in his transformative years as an abolitionist in Springfield, Massachusetts, to join him in his raid, but Tubman was prevented by illness and Douglass declined, as he believed Brown's plan would fail. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
6. Hollywood Casino at Charles Town RacesCharles Town Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races is a race track and casino just outside the eastern city limits of Charles Town, West Virginia, owned by Gaming and Leisure Properties and operated by Penn National Gaming. It features a six furlong thoroughbred horse racing facility that is home of the West Virginia Breeders' Classic. It is one of the busiest thoroughbred tracks in the country with over 240 racing dates scheduled for 2012. It generally runs a 5 days a week schedule . It also contains over 3,000 slot machines, and table games. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
7. Great Allegheny PassageCumberland Maryland The Great Allegheny Passage is a rail trail in Maryland and Pennsylvania—the central trail of a network of long-distance hiker-biker trails throughout the Allegheny region of the Appalachian Mountains, connecting Washington, D.C. to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The GAP's first 9-mile section near Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania, opened in 1986. The 9-mile section between Woodcock Hollow and Cumberland opened on December 13, 2006. In June 2013, thirty-five years after construction first began, the final GAP section was completed at an overall cost of $80 million and gave Pennsylvania the most open trail miles in the nation . The completion project was titled The Point Made, because it was now possible to reach Point State Park in Pittsburgh from Washington, D.C. Celebrations took place on June 15, 20... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
8. Wilbur Chocolate Candy StoreLititz Wilbur Chocolate is one of four brands manufactured by Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate North America. Most of the Wilbur brand products were produced in plants chocolate manufacturing company located in Lititz, Pennsylvania. Wilbur Chocolate was founded in Philadelphia in 1865 by Henry Oscar Wilbur and Samuel Croft. Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate NA produces hundreds of millions of pounds of chocolate and confectionery products a year. These ingredients are sold to food and candy manufactures across the Americas. The company was bought by Cargill in 1992 and is part of that company's cocoa and chocolate labels, which also includes Peter's Chocolate , Gerkens Cacao, and Veliche Belgian chocolateCargill closed the Wilbur Chocolate Factory in early 2016. By the summer of 2018 the former factory was bein... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
9. Indian Echo CavernsHummelstown Indian Echo Caverns is a show cave in Derry Township near Hummelstown, Pennsylvania, USA. The limestone caves are open for the public to visit via guided tour. The entrance to the caverns used by modern visitors is located in a bluff along the Swatara Creek. A second entrance was sealed for security purposes when the caverns were commercialized in the late 1920s. The known portions of the caverns, most of which have been commercialized, represent the intersection of two passages: the eastern cavern and the northern cavern, which meet at right angles to form a large space known as the Indian Ballroom. Given the large and accessible natural openings the caverns were likely utilized by Native Americans for storage and shelter, however no evidence of such use has survived. The location was pre... From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
832 Orrtanna Rd Orrtanna PA
Nice home in the country A few gallons of paint, carpets and some tlc, this will make a great home for someone A few minutes to Sky Liberty in a nice area Built in pool in back functional but needs a new liner, large lot Priced to sell Working on getting a pre-approved short sale Lots of potential, Call to see today!
**Refer to listing website for current information.
Video uploaded on Tue 02 Feb, 2010 real estate Orrtanna PA